- SIM Not Provisioned MM2 means that your SIM card is not activated for use with the phone.
- This can happen after porting.
- If this is not done, the phone will continue to display the error message.
- If you have a brand new phone with a new or old SIM card, you must activate the SIM card to use the phone.
- If you are outside of your carrier’s coverage area and have no roaming agreement, the error is resolved after rebooting the cell phone.
What Does Sim Not Provisioned Mm 2 Mean
Your cell phone and your carrier communicate with each other through SIM cards, which are small chips. Your carrier uses it to identify your cell phone account. Then you can make calls and use mobile internet, as well as make calls. When your Android device shows “SIM not provisioned”, that means your carrier is unable to identify your cell phone account, or maybe the connection cannot be established with your carrier.
At&t Sim Not Provisioned Mm2
Re-inserting the SIM card or activating the SIM card again can fix the SIM Not Provisioned MM#2 error. Replacement SIM cards may also be available if necessary.
Sim not provisioned MM#2 occurs quite often, especially if you buy a new phone with a new SIM card or transfer your number to a new sim card. In the event that your phone does not have a provisioned SIM card, you will see an error message showing only the emergency call option. Despite this error, you will still be able to use your phone and its other features without any issues. You will be able to contact 911 if you have this error on your phone.
There isn’t much meaning in this error message, since it doesn’t tell you why the error occurred or how to fix it. Yet, it does provide a helpful explanation.
Sim Not Provisioned For Voice
A SIM card not provisioned for voice refers to a SIM card that isn’t connected to a voice phone line.
Sim Not Provisioned Mm2 Att
The SIM Not Provisioned MM#2 error can easily be fixed by rebooting your phone, in my opinion. If you encounter a basic problem, a quick restart usually fixes it, however it won’t solve it if the problem is caused by the SIM card or the hardware itself.
At&t Sim Card Not Working
Trying power cycling your device may help reconnect your device to the network if your SIM has ever worked on your device. A power cycle is a procedure that involves taking your device off and then turning it back on.
Sim 1 Not Provisioned
Your SIM card is inactive or dead, so it cannot be registered on a mobile network if it has not been provisioned.
Usually, Android phones display the “SIM Not Provisioned MM2” message when they are unable to connect to the cellular network with their SIM card. It is also possible for it to be caused by a damaged SIM card, software issues, or a SIM card that is not properly placed. This is common with a brand new SIM card that has not been activated yet.
If your SIM card is not activated, the phone will continue to display the SIM Not Provisioned MM2 error message even though you have activated the SIM card before using it. If you don’t activate the SIM card, the phone will continue to display the error message.
What causes ‘SIM not provided by MM2’?
- A new SIM card may be required if you have transferred your number.
- New or old SIM card on a brand new phone.
- It is currently not possible to access the authorization system for service providers.
- When you are outside your carrier’s coverage area, you will not be able to roam.
How to solve the “SIM does not deliver MM2” problem?
SIM card slots and SIM card should be cleared
- The back cover or SIM card compartment should be removed from your cell phone while it is turned off.
- Using a cloth, wipe the SIM card.
- Make sure the compartment and slot for SIM cards are clean as well.
- Incorrectly inserted SIM cards should be replaced.
- If the Sim not Provisioned error MM2 still persists, turn on the phone and check.
Enable airplane mode
- By sliding up and down, you will be able to access the notification drawer.
- To activate airplane mode, tap the icon.
- The notification box needs to be slid down again after waiting 20 seconds.
- To deactivate the airplane, tap its icon.
- If the SIM not provisioned MM#2 error persists, wait for the SIM to activate.
Updating the Carrier Service app
- On the top right, tap “Settings.”.
- You can display system apps by selecting “Show System Apps” in the settings section, then selecting “Apps and Notifications”.
- On this page, click on the “Operator Services” application.
- You can access the “App Details” section by clicking the “More” option.
- You will be directed to the PlayStore, where you can update your app.
- If the error “Sim not provisioned MM2” has been resolved after the update, confirm it.
Perform a simple reboot
- Your phone’s power options will appear when you hold down the “Power” button.
- The phone will restart completely after you press the “Reboot” icon.
- When you reboot your phone, you should be able to resolve the problem.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Android or iOS device is reporting that the SIM card has not been provisioned, it means that there is a problem preventing it from connecting to the SIM card carrier's network. If the SIM card is new, it may not have been registered or activated by the network operator yet.
- Reboot the phone.
- Insert the SIM card correctly.
- Activate the SIM card.
- Contact your operator or service provider.
- Purchase a new SIM card.
Your SIM card is not activated for use with the phone. This can happen after porting. To use the SIM card, you need to activate it for the phone.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.