- Many gamers complain that Stardew Valley does not start on Windows 10.
- This problem often occurs when launching the game via the Steam client.
- Techquack has compiled a list of scenarios that could potentially cause this problem.
- Some of these factors may seem absurd but are in fact the cause in several cases.
- Problem may also occur if your system does not have the Microsoft XNA framework.
You may have encountered problems with Stardew Valley failing to start on Windows 10. In this article, Techquack will guide you through several effective methods of troubleshooting Stardew Valley.
A major problem with Stardew Valley is that it doesn’t start when launched through Steam. In order to explain why Stardew Valley doesn’t launch in some cases, we’ve summarized the following factors from analyzing several reports and user reports.
What causes the “Stardew Valley doesn’t start” issue on Windows 10?
This problem is often caused by the following factors, which have been observed in numerous user reports. Some of these factors may seem absurd, but they are indeed responsible for the problem in several instances.
Launch Settings: Your game’s launch settings can also be the cause of the problem. According to some reports, starting the game in windowed mode and then quitting the game may prevent the game from starting the next time it is launched.
Stardew Valley Mods Not Working
First and foremost, restart your computer before launching Stardew Valley when the mods are not working. This is the most general method for fixing the issue.
IOException: Existing file ‘Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/StardewValley’ in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents” is the error message.
Microsoft XNA Framework: Problem may also occur if your system does not have the Microsoft XNA framework. Stardew Valley requires the Microsoft XNA Framework. Without it, the game may not run correctly.
Stardew Valley Gamepass
What are the compatibility issues between the PC and Steam versions of gamepass?
This new model only covers processors from the Skylake-Comert Lake family for critical solutions and security checks. Therefore, the aforementioned processors will not get support for Day 0 games. A software update will be deployed by Intel quarterly, or whenever it is able to address critical issues or security vulnerabilities, regardless of the SKU in the lineup. That change applies to all the SKUs in the lineup.
No speakers or headphones connected: Sometimes headphones or speakers are not connected to the system, which can cause this problem.
Now that you understand how this problem can be caused, let’s look at the options available to resolve it. Before applying any of these solutions, please make sure you are using an administrator account.
How to troubleshoot the “Stardew Valley Won’t Launch” problem on Windows 10 computer
Check the Steam files
- Open the Steam client and click the LIBRARY tab, then right-click on Stardew Valley and select Properties.
- CHECK GAME CACHE INTEGRITY by clicking on the LOCAL FILES tab.
- You can close the window when you’re done.
Update the graphics driver
Your computer will run smoother if you keep your drivers up-to-date, so that you can have the best gaming experience on your PC.
You can manually update your driver or use an automatic update. Windows 10 does not always provide the latest version.
How To Start Stardew Valley
You should plant your first batch of seeds by a nearby pond because watering is exhausting, and it takes a lot of time to return to a water source when tending to your crops. In order to avoid this, plant your seeds next to a pond where you can easily refill them.
Manual: updating drivers this way will require computer skills and patience, as you will have to find the right driver on the Internet, download it and install it step by step.
Automatic: this is the fastest and easiest option. It’s all done with a few clicks – easy, even if you’re new to computers.
There have been reports of people being able to play Stardew Valley without an active sound source by plugging in speakers or headphones. However, the development team has as of yet not fixed this problem.
Hence, if you have this problem with the old version of the game, you can fix it by updating.
Delete the launcher settings folder
You can delete a file called launcher preferences to resolve issues with Stardew Valley not working/starting. It might be the cause of the issue.
- You can open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key plus R.
- Enter %appdata%.
- The Stardew Valley folder can be found and opened by clicking on it.
- It is recommended that you delete the startup_preferences folder.
- Check it out by running the game.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delete the Startup Preferences folder. Startup Preferences is also responsible for the "Stardew Valley won't start" problem. If you set the game to Steam windowed mode and quit, the game may not start next time. To solve the problem, you can delete the settings folder.
Stardew Valley is a video game published by Chucklefish in 2016. The game is an agriculture simulation game rated 10 out of 10 on Steam. According to reports from various users, the game fails to launch after users launch it using the Steam client.
- Open your Steam library, right-click on Stardew Vally, and select Properties.
- On the General tab, click the STARTUP OPERATIONS.
- Make sure that the pop-up window is empty. Then click OK to save your changes.
- Launch Stardew Valley to test it.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Task Manager, or by right-clicking the Windows icon on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab and find the processes related to Steam.
- Try clicking on the Steam shortcut to restart it.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.