- Thousands of gamers around the world encountered the same “Transaction Pending” error message on Steam when purchasing the PGL Stockholm 2021 spectator pass.
- The Stockholm Spectator Pass was just released today, many players are already going to Steam to purchase it.
- The error can also be caused by VPN and IP proxy software.
- There are several solutions to fix this error.
Pending Transactions Steam
As a result of an incomplete Steam purchase, a pending transaction occurs in Steam. It is quite secure and a good experience to purchase on Steam, but if the payment process gets stuck, Steam will display an error when trying to complete another purchase if a network glitch occurs.
When an incomplete purchase occurs on the Steam platform, an error is generated, indicating a pending Steam transaction.
A Steam account is almost a must-have if you’re a PC gamer. Steam offers thousands of games for both beginners and advanced gamers, from simple puzzles to intense first-person shooters.
Prior to the announcement of Steam, Valve found that Sierra had been distributing their games in PC cafes which they claimed was against the terms of the contract, and took Sierra and their owners, Vivendi Games, to court in 2002. Sierra countersued, asserting that with the announcement of Steam, Valve had been working to undermine the contract to offer a digital storefront for their games, directly competing with Sierra. The case was initially ruled in Valve’s favor, allowing them to leave the contract due to the breach and seek other publishing partners for retail copies of its games while continuing their work on Steam. One such company had been Microsoft, but Ed Fries stated that they turned down the offer due to Valve’s intent to continue to sell their games over Steam.
The PGL Stockholm 2021 spectator pass posted to Steam today is receiving the same “Transaction Pending” error message as thousands of other gamers around the world.
It seems that the transaction error is being caused by the fact that many players have already purchased the Stockholm Spectator Pass on Steam.
Steam Pending Transaction
The game is not available until the transaction is complete. You will be notified by Steam when the transaction is complete.
It is however possible to fix this error in several different ways, so find one that is appropriate for your situation.
What causes the Steam “Transaction pending” error message?
- A server outage has occurred.
- In addition to VPNs and IP proxies, IP proxies can also cause this error.
- “Transaction Pending” errors can appear on Steam when an incomplete purchase has been made in the past.
How to resolve the “Transaction Pending” error message on Steam?
Transactions that are pending can be postponed
- Open Steam and click on your user account name.
- Go to Account Details by clicking on the button.
- You can then view the Steam transaction history by clicking View Purchase History.
- Select an item from the list of pending purchases if you have multiple.
- You can then cancel this transaction by clicking Cancel.
- You can cancel your purchase by clicking Cancel.
Disable VPN and IP proxy software
- To access Task Manager, right-click the Start button.
- Click End Task on the Processes tab.
- The VPN or IP Proxy Software can be disabled by right clicking it in the Start tab, then selecting Disconnect.
Check to see if the server is disconnected
- Using the drop-down menu on the Downdetector website, select your country.
- To find out more about Steam server outages on this site, search for Steam in the search box.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the Account Details option. Then click on the "View Purchase History" option to open a list of Steam transactions. If there are multiple pending purchases, select one of the pending purchases. Then click on the Cancel this transaction option.
It could take up to five days for the pending transaction on your Steam account to be processed. There have been reports that Steam transactions may take up to ten days to complete.
- Go to Steam > Settings.
- Click on the "In-Game" tab.
- Activate "Enable Steam overlay in-game."
- Go to the library.
- Right-click on Gems of War and select Properties.
- On the General tab, make sure that the "Enable in-game Steam overlay" option is enabled.
Using a different credit or debit card might help if you have to cancel other pending transactions.
In this guide, you will learn how to fix Steam’s pending transactions issue easily.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.