- Xbox One update error 0x8B05000F 0x0000 0x90170007 can be very frustrating for some Xbox One users.
- Microsoft updates are mandatory updates to help gamers get the most out of the Xbox One in terms of gaming features.
- In some cases, the update installs at 47% and then freezes.
- If you are experiencing the same error, you may have a hardware problem.
In most cases, the update does not finish installing at 47%, so users can’t use their Xbox One. Some Xbox One users encounter error code 0x8b05000f every time they attempt to install an update on their console.
It’s important that Xbox One users get notifications from Microsoft from time to time when mandatory updates are available for the Xbox One. The Xbox One update error 0x8B05000F 0x0000 0x90170007 can sometimes be very frustrating for some Xbox One users, such as the user below.
In most cases, the update installs at 47% and then freezes. This can be very frustrating, but there is nothing to worry about. If you follow our simple guide, you will be able to overcome this Xbox One error.
What is the cause of Xbox One update error 0x8B05000F 0x90170007?
Xbox One Won T Update After Factory Reset
The Xbox One can get stuck on the loading screen, give the Xbox One a little push, and then restart. This option is helpful if you are experiencing issues such as error messages, codes, or getting stuck on the loading screen on your Xbox One.
There are several ways to fix the update error, regardless of the cause. Hardware issues are sometimes the cause, but Xbox software issues are also common.
- There is a possibility that you may not be responsible for the 0x8b05000f error, which can be caused by the Xbox server.
- It’s best to reboot if you receive the error code 0x8b05000f.
How to repair Update Error 0x8B05000F 0x90170007 in Xbox One?
Check the server status
In the first place, make sure that you’re not facing an issue that is beyond your control. For instance, the update may fail because your console is unable to access the required files.
If you have received this warning on your PC, it means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Error code “0x00000000” is one of the issues that users may get as a result of incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in system elements. Other potential causes may include improper system shutdown, such as due to a power failure, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or system element entry, as well as a number of other factors.
To see if this scenario applies, you need to check the current status of Xbox Live services. To do this, follow this link from your mobile or desktop device and see if any services are currently experiencing problems (specifically, the Xbox Live Core service).
It is likely that your problem originates locally if the server is not the source of the error. In this situation, you will be able to solve the issue if you choose one of the solutions below.
Resetting the console with the Startup Troubleshooter
All game data, temporary files, video content, and other contents will be deleted by this process.
- At least 30 seconds after turning the console off, turn it back on.
- For Xbox One to start, press the Xbox button briefly while holding down the connect and eject buttons.
- The Xbox Startup Troubleshooter window will appear as soon as you release both the connect and eject buttons.
- Start the process of resetting the Xbox by pressing the X button on your controller once you’ve reached the Startup Troubleshooter.
- Wait until the process is complete before selecting Delete All.
- Check if the problem has been fixed after the console boots up normally after the process is completed.
Perform the power off procedure
Your Xbox One console must be free of any temporary files preventing you from installing the new firmware since the problem only occurs locally.
Perform a power cycle, which drains the power capacitors and fixes most firmware problems caused by corrupt temporary files, rather than just rebooting the console.
- If your console is in standby mode, make sure that it is fully powered on.
- If the front light is flashing on your Xbox console, hold down the Xbox button for about 10 seconds.
- You should wait a minute after the console stops flashing before turning it back on once the front light stops flashing.
- The power capacitors should also be fully discharged during this time, so unplug the power cord.
- You can watch the first (longer) startup animation on your console by pressing the Xbox button briefly.
- You can consider this confirmation of a successful shutdown.
- Observe whether 0x8b05000f remains on the console after restarting.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Reboot your Xbox One.
- Shut down your Xbox One from the "Something went wrong" screen.
- Reboot your Xbox One.
- Check your network connection.
- Try an offline update.
- Free up space on your hard drive.
- Reset your Xbox One to factory defaults.
- Contact Microsoft Support for assistance.
To play Xbox One games without upgrading, you'll need to log out. To do this, go to Settings -> Network -> Go offline. That's it. When you want to go back online, instead of logging out, you'll find Go Online in the same place.
A corrupted game profile can sometimes cause an update to fail. Try deleting your profile and loading it again to see if that helps. Here's how: Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the instructions.
This error means that your Xbox needs a system update, but it is not currently available. This error may occur if there is a problem with your Xbox servers. Try reinstalling the system update later. These types of errors can occur before, during, or after you run a system update.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.