- Many NVIDIA graphics card users report that the NVIDIA Control Panel is missing from their Windows computers.
- You can easily fix this problem by updating or reinstalling the most important drivers.
- If you cannot find the NVIDIA control panel on the desktop context menu or Start Menu, it is likely hidden.
- This usually happens when you update your NVIDIA. graphics card software to fix the problem with your video card drivers or the NVIDIA display driver.
There are several reasons you may lose your NVIDIA Control Panel. You may lose it after upgrading to Windows 10, 11 or the Creators Update for Windows 10, and you cannot find it in the context menu or search box.
How to fix the NVIDIA Control Panel being missing in Windows 10? There are a number of possible reasons for it to be missing.
Many NVIDIA graphics card users report that the NVIDIA Control Panel is missing from their Windows computers. They can’t find the NVIDIA Control Panel in the desktop context menu or the Windows Control Panel.
There are some solutions that you should try if you are experiencing this problem. Don’t worry. It can be fixed.
What causes the Nvidia control panel to be missing or disappear?
Nvidia Control Panel Missing Display Settings
Make sure that the cables are properly connected to the GPU before following the actual workaround. Check the adapter output first for the display settings not available issue.
Apple TV now has FOX NOW and CNBC channels – Apple has added both channels to its Apple TV set-top box this morning. FOX NOW requires a cable subscription to access, while CNBC does not.
Windows 10 Update: Have you recently updated your system to the latest version or upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous operating system? If so, your graphics card driver may no longer be compatible with your system. Resetting the update may help you solve this problem.
Driver problems: There may be a problem with your video card drivers or the NVIDIA display driver. An outdated, corrupt, or incompatible driver can damage your video card control panel. You can easily fix this problem by updating or reinstalling the most important drivers.
Nvidia Control Panel Windows 10 Download
NVIDIA Control Panel is not needed for driver types Standard or Max.
Choose “Device Manager” from the “Start” menu if you receive the Error 14109 message. In the “Display adapters” section, locate your graphics card’s name and click it. Then click “Uninstall Device”. The faulty drivers will not be removed, so you will need to restart your PC and reinstall them. Don’t worry, this won’t remove your GPU.
Damaged NVIDIA Control Panel: The NVIDIA Control Panel itself may be damaged if its files have been deleted or corrupted. This can be resolved by completely reinstalling the software.
Missing or incorrect entries in the Windows Registry: The registry is used to control many of the settings on your computer. If entries are missing or incorrect, your computer’s control panel may be missing. To solve this problem, you need to use the registry editor.
Common Errors: Some common errors in Windows 10 can cause the NVIDIA Control Panel to be missing.
How to repair a missing or disappearing Nvidia control panel?
Update the NVIDIA graphics drivers
- The Win + X menu can be accessed by pressing Windows + X on your keyboard.
- On the menu, click Device Manager.
- The Display Adapter option can be found in Device Manager.
- The driver for NVIDIA graphics card can be found after expanding it.
- Select Update Driver from the right-click menu.
- Click on Auto-check for driver software updates in the new window.
- If there is an available driver update, this will automatically install it.
- We will also inform you if there are no updates available.
Reinstall NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Select Device Manager from the list that appears when you press Windows + X.
- Expand Display Adapters in Device Manager. Select Uninstall Device from the right-click menu of the NVIDIA graphics card driver.
- After successfully uninstalling the driver, go to the NVIDIA – Download Drivers web page.
- If you would like to download the latest driver for your computer, you must select the correct product type, series, and product options from the appropriate drop-down menus.
- Your computer needs to be configured with the driver once it has been downloaded.
- Check your taskbar and desktop context menu for the NVIDIA Control Panel now that your PC has been restarted.
Display the NVIDIA Control Panel
In case your NVIDIA Control Panel is not visible in your Start Menu or on the desktop, it is probably hidden due to an update to your graphics card software. Let’s look at how to restore it in this guide:
- Enter Control in the Startup window by pressing Windows + R simultaneously.
- The NVIDIA Control Panel options are displayed in large icons in the control panel that opens. Double-click on the NVIDIA Control Panel option to open it.
- To include a desktop context menu, locate the Desktop menu and then click it.
- The NVIDIA Control Panel should appear in the context menu of your computer’s desktop if you navigate to the desktop.
Install the Nvidia Control Panel application from the Microsoft Store
- Open Settings by clicking the gear icon at the bottom of the Start screen.
- Select Applications from the menu.
- The Applications and Features menu can be found on the left.
- Nvidia Control Panel can be found in the search bar.
- Nvidia Control Panel should be uninstalled if it is already installed.
- The Nvidia Control Panel can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft Store.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- In the Run dialog box, type "control" and press Enter on your keyboard.
- In the Control Panel, under View by, select Large icons.
- Select the NVIDIA control panel.
- In the NVIDIA control panel, click View or Desktop, and then check Add Desktop pop-up menu.
- Activate the control panel.
- Update the graphics driver.
- Reset the graphics driver software.
- Restart Nvidia services.
- Manually run the Nvidia control panel.
- Use Nvidia support.
Sometimes you can't open the Nvidia Control Panel because your antivirus program is interfering with it. To solve this problem, you need to check your antivirus settings and make sure that it is not blocking the Nvidia Control Panel. If not, try disabling some of the antivirus features and see if that helps.
The NVIDIA Control Panel allows you to manage your NVIDIA graphics driver settings as well as other NVIDIA utilities installed on your system.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.