- ARK: Survival Evolved is an action-adventure and survival video game developed by Wildcard Studios.
- In the game, players must survive on islands filled with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, natural disasters, and potentially hostile humans.
- Many people have reported the “Unable to retrieve server info for the invitation” error.
- There are several main reasons for this problem, and it can happen either to a popular server that you want to join but got an error before.
Unable To Query Server Info For Invite
Many users of ARK: Survival Evolved have reported an error querying server information for an invite message due to a failed server query.
My nerves got the best of me when I sat down for ARK this morning after work. The dreaded “Unable to query server info for invite” error kept popping up.
There is a possibility that some technical glitch has occurred on your server. If your server is damaged or its IP address has changed, then the ARK cannot query server info for invite error is usually caused by one of these things.
In ARK: Survival Evolved, you play both single-player and multiplayer modes. ARK can’t query server info for invites is an error that gamers often encounter. The players prefer to play this game on their computers. When you invite a player for multi-playing, the error usually occurs.
Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, and Virtual Basement collaborated on the development of ARK: Survival Evolved, a video game that combines action and survival. There are dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals on islands in the game, as well as natural disasters, and humans that could be hostile.
There will be Android, iOS, and Nintendo Switch versions of the game in 2018, as well as Playstation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, OSX, and Linux versions. Since its release, the game has received mixed reviews. Overall, it has been a popular computer game for many years.
Recently, however, many people have reported the “Unable to retrieve server info for the invitation” error when launching ARK: Survival Evolved. How to fix this error?
You can try the following solutions step by step if you are encountering the error “Unable to retrieve server info for invitation”.
What causes the ARK message “Unable to retrieve server information for an invitation”?
The problem can occur for a number of reasons, and it can happen either on a popular server that you wish to join but received an error previously. It can also happen on your own server, which causes the annoying error to appear for anyone who tries to join it. Here are a few possible causes:
- Resetting the Winsock directory is a simple solution to this problem, which usually occurs due to a faulty Winsock directory.
- This error can also occur when a server is automatically connected to via startup parameters that doesn’t exist or has been moved.
- ARK: Survival Evolved servers also require some ports to be unblocked since other programs may be using them.
How to repair the ARK “Unable to query server info for invite” problem?
ARK can only be installed again by uninstalling the old version and then reinstalling the new version. If the issue still persists after switching to the new ARK server host, you will need to reinstall the game.
Check your game files
- Start Steam.
- You can find “Home” in the “Library” section.
- Choose Properties from the right-click menu after finding ARK: Survival Evolved in your games library.
- Then click the Integrity check button under Local Files.
- The necessary files will load once Steam checks your files.
Using the netsh winsock reset command
- Start by typing Run in Windows’ search bar.
- It will open up a box for you to type cmd.
- If you want it to appear as an administrator, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- The netsh winsock reset command should be typed in the cmd window and hit enter
- Check whether the error persists by running ARK: Survival Evolved.
Changing Steam startup parameters
- Launch Steam.
- Your game can be found by selecting Home from your library.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu.
- Make sure Startup Options are selected.
- To find your server’s IP address, follow these steps.
- Click OK after entering the server’s IP address in the (server_IP) field.
Port redirection for your router
- You can open the default gateway by launching a web browser and entering the number in the address bar.
- The username and password for your router can be found on its side.
- You require port forwarding to be enabled on your router. Here are the instructions.
- You need to create a new TCP/UDP port number 27015 as well as two more TCP/UDP ports numbered 7777 and 7778.
- Be sure to restart your computer and router after clicking Apply.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.