- At the very beginning of the ARK game, users are greeted with a “failed to install mod map” error message.
- Users encounter the error when trying to start the game or join a server with mods.
- It is possible that the Ark game cannot load the modular map due to corruption of the game files or installation errors.
- Also, a mod that is no longer available may also cause the error mentioned.
Ark Failed To Install Mod Map
You may need to update your mods on the server side if you are getting the error “Failed to Install Mod Map”. If that does not work you may have to unsubscribe and then resubscribe to certain mods via steam.
Mods For Ark Ps4
Click “Subscribe” on the item you want to download on ARK’s Steam Workshop page.
Any modification to the ARK: Survival Evolved game is a dominiton rex Mod.
There is a possibility that your PC has corrupted or missing game files, which can cause Ark to fail to install mod maps. In order to resolve the annoying problem, you should first verify that your game files are intact. Steam, the platform from which you play Ark, could help you. Here are the details.
There’s no question that this survival and adventure game has gained a lot of fans since it was released a few years ago. The game is about surviving on an island. In fact, you will have to avoid prehistoric animals, dinosaurs, and hostile people in order to survive. You will need guns or pistols in this case to fight back against these creatures.
Ark Olympus Resource Map
See Explorer Map (Olympus) for maps of caves, artifacts, and beacons on Olympus.
With ARK Dev Kit, users have access to the contents of ARK: Survival Evolved and its DLCs, which was supported by Studio Wildcard through its customized engine source code.
Although many users can effectively deal with this danger, they seem to get stuck at another, rather critical stage. At the very beginning of the ARK game, they are greeted with a “failed to install mod map” error message. In this Techquack article, we’ll look at all the reasons why you might encounter this error. Then we will list all the possible solutions to this problem. Without further ado, let’s get to the tutorial.
What is the cause of the mod map installation failure in ARK?
I loaded the game, but the “Mod Map did not install” message appeared after joining.
Due to corruption of Ark game files or installation errors, it is possible that the modular map cannot be loaded. Occasionally, users encounter this error when attempting to start the game or join a server with mods. This error can also be caused by a mod that is no longer available. This problem has been reported by some users as a result of a corrupted update to the server or game.
It is possible for theARK game files to become corrupted due to a variety of causes (such as a sudden system shutdown). An ARK set file integrity check can help solve this problem. Then the missing/damaged files will be restored as new copies once the files have been synced with the game server.
How to solve the “Failed to Install Mod Map” problem in ARK?
Check the integrity of the game files
- By double-clicking the Steam shortcut on your desktop, you can start the Steam client and log in.
- From the Steam library, select LIBRARY to see what games you have installed.
- Then, select Properties from the right-click menu.
- Click CANCEL TO QUICKLY CHECK GAME FILES in the window that appears.
- Checking will take some time.
Remove mods or reinstall Ark
Another reason Ark may not install a mod map is that the mod has been removed from the Ark Workshop and is no longer available to players. In this case, the server and the client are using different versions of the mod, which causes the aforementioned problem.
For S+, you will find two mod folders, the file number and the Mod ID will be the same. The first folder is in Program Files/Stream/SteamApps/Common/ARK/ShooterGame/Content/Mods. The second folder is in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\346110.
If you do not know which mod is causing this error, you may need to delete all mods if you are not sure which one is causing this error.
- Your Steam library can be found there.
- Then, select Properties from the right-click menu.
- You can delete this game by selecting UNINSTALL GAME under LOCAL FILES tab, then following the wizard instructions.
- Delete the Ark folder from File Explorer. It is located in the following location:
Steam/workshop/content/346100 in C:/Program Files/Steam/workshop
- Using Steam, reinstall Ark.
Update your device drivers
It is also possible that your video card’s driver is outdated or corrupt, which could also cause gameplay issues. Check out this guide on how to update a video card’s driver in Ark.
- Choose Device Manager after opening the Start menu by pressing Win + X.
- To update the video card driver, right-click on it, then select Update Driver. Double-click on Display Adapters to expand the category.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the automatic driver software update process by clicking the Automatically check for driver software updates button.
- If you encounter conflicting graphics drivers during the update, you can follow the same steps to update other drivers.
Exit the IGFXEM module process
Some players solved the issue by closing the Intel Graphics Executable Main Module (IGFXEM) in order to install the mod map in Ark. If you are using an Intel graphics card, you may experience the same issue.
- Steam should be closed after closing Ark.
- A Task Manager will be opened when you press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- To end IGXEM, click “End Task” under the “Processes” tab.
- Once that is done, you can close the Task Manager and try starting Ark again.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check the integrity of the game's files.
- Get more disk space.
- Move the Ark installation to an off-system drive.
- Update the device drivers.
- Finalize the IGFXEM module process.
- Uninstall the mods or reinstall Ark.
Close ARK, right-click on ARK in Steam, select Properties, select Local Files, select Local Browser Files, and go to "ShooterGameContentMods". Select all the mods you want to include on your server (folders are named by mod IDs), folder, and file.
Right-click on ARK > Properties > DLC tab. Uncheck each map you don't want to install. Game content is part of the game itself, so deleting the map data shouldn't affect anything else.
- Right-click on ARK: Survival Evolved in your Steam library.
- Open Properties.
- On the General tab, click Set Startup Options.
- Click the OK button.
- Close the other window and try restarting ARK normally (not in special mode).
- Reset the resolution.
- Run the game with the Reset Resolution option.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.