- There are several known causes that can cause the Origin “Folder Does Not Exist” error.
- You can run Origin as an administrator to fix the problem by running it as an Administrator.
- Sometimes Origin cannot access the correct folders due to access rights, and you need to give the Origin executable admin rights.
- If there are problems with the way Origin handles game libraries for downloaded games, you can always reset all settings to defaults in your Origin preferences.
In both Sims 3 and Sims 4, it is assumed that Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 is being used. In both cases, however, there are slight modifications required.
Video games can be purchased and played digitally through Origin’s client software available for both personal computers and mobile devices. Origin is the digital distribution platform developed by Electronic Arts. You may want to read this article if you are receiving an error message about a “Folder Does Not Exist” when updating a game on Windows 10.
When Safari is open, click the Safari menu, then Preferences, then Toolbar, then Extensions, and disable all extensions. If this fixes the problem, re-enable each one until the problem returns. If the problem persists, then uninstall this extension.
In this Techquack article, we will identify the known causes that can cause this error and provide possible solutions you can try to fix this problem.
What is the cause of the Origin “Folder Does Not Exist” error?
Origin Requires An Internet Connection
I had sent numerous tickets to EA Help, but nobody was helpful, and I couldn’t open the Origin Launcher despite being connected to the internet!
There are several known causes for this problem (and probably many unknowns), and we have decided to list them below. Determining the exact cause of the problem on your computer is the most important step in choosing the right method to fix an Origin error.
By: vishal raghav 2.0 at Android Studio 3.4.2 when trying to generate signed apk, “The destination folder does not exist or is not writeable”.
I create an orphans folder when the destination folder does not exist before moving or deleting the source text file’s companion asset.
Allow access to the folder: Sharing the folder by granting rights to ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES can help Origin gain access to the folder.
Customer Issues: If there are problems with the way Origin handles game libraries for downloaded games, you can always reset all settings to defaults in your Origin preferences.
Origin Is Unable To Install Games Here
This folder cannot be used for installing games from Origin. Please use another folder.”
Admin rights: Sometimes Origin cannot access the correct folders due to access rights, and you need to give the Origin executable admin rights to fix the problem.
How to Solve Origin’s “Folder Does Not Exist” error
Restoring the game library location settings
You can also try resetting your game library settings if Origin cannot update a specific game because it detects that a folder does not exist.
- Click Application Settings from the top menu bar of the Origin app.
- You can install and back up files by selecting the appropriate tab in the right pane.
- You can find the game library under “Restore to Computer” by clicking “Restore Defaults”.
- Complete the process by following the instructions on the screen.
- The game can be updated again after the default settings are restored.
Running Origin as an administrator
In the event that Origin doesn’t have administrator permissions, especially after updating Windows or Origin, you may be unable to access folders. One of the reasons you receive a message saying a folder doesn’t exist in Origin is that Origin does not have administrator privileges. You will need to run Origin as an administrator in order to solve this problem.
- You can access Origin’s properties by right-clicking its shortcut on your desktop.
- You can do this by clicking the Compatibility tab in the Options window and selecting Run this program as an administrator.
- If you would like your changes to be saved, click Apply and OK.
- If the problem persists, you can try updating the game by double-clicking the Origin shortcut as an administrator.
Attempt the next method if Origin still does not find the folder.
Manually selecting a game folder
If you still get an error message that the Origin folder does not exist after launching Origin as an administrator, you may need to manually select the installation folder for the game you want to update.
- Click Update Game in My Game Library when you open Origin.
- You should select a new folder if you see the error message “Source Folder Does Not Exist”.
- Select the game’s installation folder.
- The game will be updated successfully if everything goes well.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.