- Many Windows users complain about the error “fbconnect library is missing” that occurs on their Windows 10 computer or laptop.
- The error mostly occurs when you use Flash Player with websites and browser games.
- There are two different reasons for this problem, and checking them usually solves your problem.
- If your browser has tracking protection enabled, consider turning it off to see if the problem stops occurring.
The game will not open when I try to open some online games because the “Facebook Connect Library is missing (sdk.js)” popup appears.
Many Windows users complain about the error “fbconnect library is missing” that occurs on their Windows 10 computer or laptop. The error mostly occurs when you have multiple browsers on your Windows system. Many users prefer to use more than one browser on their computer for various reasons, and the error prevents them from using them. Sometimes this error can be ignored by clicking OK, but users are forced to close the entire program to get rid of this error. According to many users, this problem mainly occurs when using Flash Player with websites and browser games. So, if you are one of the users facing the same problem on your Windows 10 PC, you have come to the right place.
On your Windows 10 PC, you get the error “missing fbconnect library (sdk.js)” when you use a different browser. In this article, you will find instructions on how to fix this error if you are running online content such as interactive pages and games, using Flash player.
What causes the “missing fbconnect library (sdk.js)” error on Windows?
In Windows 10, the error “The FBconnect library (sdk.js) is missing” appears in different browsers. This problem is most commonly encountered while interacting with online content, such as interactive websites and browser games, using the Flash player. EA’s Pogo games are the most likely to suffer from it.
It is usually possible to solve your problem by checking both of the reasons below, so be sure to select the one that applies to your situation.
Tracking Protection – If your browser has tracking protection enabled, consider turning it off to see if the problem stops occurring. Tracking protection can disable some of your cookies, which are necessary for the site to work properly, and cause this error!
Suspended extensions – Installing different extensions can cause all sorts of problems, and you should always be careful. Even if the extension is not malicious, it can interfere with your connection and cause this problem.
Trying disabling your browser’s extensions might solve the problem.
How do I fix the “missing fbconnect library (sdk.js)” error in Windows?
Using a browser with anti-tracking disabled
To protect the activity of their browser, users use tracking protection. The following steps will help you disable anti-tracking protection in your browser. This will help you prevent online programs and cybercriminals from tracking your activities.
Chrome is the browser of choice.
Upon switching to regular mode, I deactivated all plug-ins. When attempting to connect, I received an error indicating fbconnectLibrary (sdk.js) was missing.
If you use Chrome to browse on your PC, follow these instructions to disable anti-tracking protection:
- Firstly, double-click the browser’s desktop shortcut to open it.
- Click on the colon in the upper right corner of the screen to open the menu once the browser is open.
- The “Settings” option can be found in the options.
- The “Settings” tab now has an option for “Advanced.”.
- Following this, you will see a “Do Not Follow” prompt along with an option to view traffic.
- You can now deactivate it by dragging the slider next to it.
- If the problem persists, you can try reopening your Chrome browser.
Firefox: an overview
Most Windows users use Mozilla Firefox as their browser.
Mozilla Firefox is a popular browser with many unique features, and it is a good alternative for users wanting to turn off anti-tracking protection. Follow these steps to disable anti-tracking protection in Mozilla Firefox:
- A shortcut to Firefox can be found on your desktop, and you can open it by double-clicking it.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the menu item.
- On the menu, select Options.
- You can find this option in the ‘Privacy & Settings’ section of the Preferences tab.
- The “Location Protection” option can now be found by scrolling down the page.
- Check to see if the “In private windows only” or “Never” switch has been set.
- Once you have closed the browser, open it again to check if it still has the problem.
Edge for Microsoft.
This tutorial shows you how to remove the anti-tracking protection from Microsoft Edge, the default browser that comes with Windows 10.
- Double-click or select the Microsoft Edge shortcut on the taskbar to launch it.
- You will be able to find the three dots in the top right corner of the screen as soon as the browser is open.
- From the menu, select Settings.
- You can find this option in the settings.
- To send an unanswered request, activate the slider under “Privacy and Security”.
- To confirm that the error persists, reopen your browser.
Check and deactivate all extensions.
However, many browser extensions cause errors that can even prevent you from using the browser, which makes browsing extremely convenient. Most browsers are compatible with hundreds of extensions. The instructions below will show you how to disable any extensions that cause problems. If you suspect an issue with extensions, follow these steps:
The Google Chrome browser is required
This error could be caused by one of the Extensions you have installed on your Chrome browser. To check if it is one of these Extensions, follow these instructions:
For Chrome to open, double-click its desktop shortcut.
In the upper right corner, click the three dots.
When the dots appear, select New Incognito Window.
- Use the Start menu if the option isn’t listed.
- Your computer will continue to display the error if you select Other Tools from the three dots at the top left of the screen.
- Make sure you’ve selected Extensions under More Tools.
- All extensions you use are listed in the Chrome browser.
- Each extension should be checked manually now.
- Starting with the most suspicious ones will save you time because this is a lengthy process.
- Select Details from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure that “Allow incognito” is set to “On”.
- Click “Remove” to deactivate the extension that is causing the problem on your computer, and then repeat the process until you find the extension causing the problem.
Firefox for Mozilla
The following steps will help you disable the unwanted extensions in Mozilla Firefox if you are experiencing a similar problem on your Windows 10 PC.
- Located on your desktop, double-click the browser’s shortcut to get started.
- You now have the option to restart with extensions disabled when you click on “Help.”.
- After clicking on the Add option in the upper right-hand corner, select Extensions from the menu.
- Next, activate each extension in turn and identify the problematic extension.
- Right-click on the extension and choose Uninstall once you’ve found it.
Microsoft Edge is the browser of choice.
Following are instructions for disabling Edge extensions:
- On your Windows 10 computer, double-click the Microsoft Edge shortcut to open it.
- You will now be able to see the Personal tab by pressing Ctrl + Shift + P.
- You can then choose “Extensions” by clicking the three buttons.
- If all extensions appear, turn them off one by one.
- Next, activate every extension on your PC one at a time and find out what extension is causing this problem.
- Select the extension by right-clicking it.
- Click “Uninstall”.
- If you are satisfied with the removal, click OK.
- Check whether the problem persists by reopening your browser.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.