- A PDF file transferred from external resources sometimes gives an error message when you try to save it with Adobe Reader.
- The error message is annoying because the PDF file is not saved and therefore inaccessible.
- In most cases, the cause of this problem is a corrupted file.
- In some rare cases, this error can also be caused by a font problem.
- The problem occurs with files that have been received externally, such as those received from external sources.
The Document Could Not Be Saved As
In Mac OS 10.15, if you can’t save a document directly, it could be because your permission settings are preventing you from doing so.
In order to view and edit PDF files, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is most widely used. In some cases, users receive a common error like “Adobe PDF Error 110 – The document cannot be saved”, which occurs when the user attempts to save the PDF file shared by external resources on his computer via the Save as feature.
Save failed when attempting to save a Print Mail generated PDF from within Adobe Reader Problem: The file could not be saved under Adobe Reader 11.0.10 or later. The error message reads: “The document could not be saved.”.
There are some Adobe Reader users who have posted about an error 110 on the Adobe forums. Adobe Reader reports the following error code 110 when saving PDF files.
PDF files can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, while they can also be created and edited with Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Adobe Acrobat The Document Could Not Be Saved
Occasionally, it may be necessary to check your Adobe Acrobat Reader’s display settings if you have been having difficulty saving or managing your PDF documents.
The problem is that all documents appear just fine on a Windows 10 PC, but after a while the display starts to fail.
In the Adobe forums, some Adobe Reader users have reported error code 110 when they try to save a PDF. A full error message can be found here:
Sometimes Adobe Reader gives an error message when saving a PDF file transferred from external sources.
It was not possible to save a pdf document. There was a problem reading this document. (110) error code when I tried to save a pdf document. I am using Windows 7 OS, and Adobe Reader version 11.0.10 (Adobe Reader), and I received the following error message.
An error occurred while reading this document (110)”
It is annoying to receive this error message because the PDF file was not saved. We will look for other options to save the PDF file.
What causes Adobe Reader 110 error “Document could not be saved”?
- It can also occur when the file properties have been corrupted or when the file has been received externally.
- A corrupted file, however, is usually to blame for the problem.
- An error with the font may also cause this problem in some cases, but only in rare cases.
Ho to repair the Adobe Reader 110 “Document could not be saved” error?
To comply with work standards, I needed to save the PDF file under a different name. When I opened the PDF file, I got the error message: The document cannot be saved. A number is out of range.) I resolved the problem by extracting the pages. There were no problems saving the file after that.
You can save a PDF file manually by using the Chrome web browser, but if the error persists, then use Microsoft Print to save the document.
Updating the Adobe Reader application
- Open the Adobe Reader window.
- To get help, click Help.
- The Updates option should be selected.
- You can update Adobe Reader if there are any updates available.
- If Adobe Reader does not start automatically, restart it.
Select Print as PDF to save the document
The print to PDF option has been confirmed by some users as a way to save documents where error 110 occurred.
- You can print files using Adobe Reader.
- Choosing Microsoft Print to PDF from the Printer drop-down menu will result in a PDF file being created.
- Then click Print.
- You will now be able to change the name of the PDF document in the Save Print Output As window.
- If the document needs to be saved, select a new folder.
- You will also receive a printed copy of the PDF document after clicking the “Save” button.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Choose File -> Save or click the Save File icon on the Heads-Up Display (HUD) toolbar at the bottom of the PDF file. The Save As dialog box appears. Select the location where you want to save the PDF file and click Save.
Reader error 110 may be due to problematic metadata in the PDF file. You can solve this problem by opening the PDF file in the Chrome browser and then saving the file using the Print option.
The file may be read-only, or it may have been opened by another user. Please save the document under a different name or in a different folder. The reasons why you cannot save the PDF file may be due to missing updates or Adobe Acrobat settings.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.