- The 0x80041003 error has been found in Windows operating systems since version 7 and is still present in the latest version of Windows 10.
- The error can occur for several reasons, and you can ignore it.
- If you are experiencing a high CPU load due to this error, you should check your BIOS.
- The cause of this problem is the Turbo Mode option of your BIOS.
- Check your RAM for errors using Memtest86+.
For the Nanitor agent to work on Windows, the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service must be installed.
Microsoft Windows operating systems have encountered the error 0x80041003 since version 7, and it still appears in the latest version of Windows 10. Event Viewer shows this error to users. We have found some reliable solutions to solve this error that has been causing Windows users trouble for years. Follow these instructions and you will be able to fix the error.
What causes the error 0x80041003?
There are several reasons why 0x80041003 would occur. For instance, if you are scanning your network with a user account that does not have WMI permissions, you might receive this error.
This error can occur for several reasons. In general, error 0x80041003 is not dangerous, and you can ignore it. However, if your computer is having problems due to this error (e.g. Windows freezes), you can try the following remedies.
Users have reported that WMI 0x80041003 occurs when WBEM’s repository directory is corrupt. In this case, the WMI service should be disabled and the repository folder should be deleted.
How to repair the error 0x80041003?
Computer needs to be rebooted
- Hold down the Shift key and press the Power button in Windows in order to reboot.
- Choose Troubleshooting – Delete All – Reset this PC.
- Prepare the Windows 10 installation media for insertion if you are prompted to do so during the next step.
- After selecting the Windows version, select Delete My Files only on the drive where Windows is installed.
- If you are ready, click Reset to begin the reset. After making any changes, click Reset again.
- Reset the device following the on-screen instructions.
Disable user account control
- Choose User Account Control by pressing Windows + S.
- In addition, User Account Control can be found under the Start menu.
- Click OK to save your changes and choose Never Notify under User Account Control Settings.
Check your BIOS
This error can cause your CPU to run at a high level, according to users. Users have been reporting that their BIOS’ Turbo Mode setting is the culprit of this problem.
Your motherboard manual will provide detailed instructions on how to disable Turbo Mode in the BIOS.
Check your RAM
An error code 0x80041003 may appear after a BSOD error, so it’s important to check your RAM.
WMI is installed on newer versions of Windows and can also be downloaded and installed on Windows NT. However, sometimes there are issues in getting WMI functioning. Most often these are easy to solve by ensuring authentication is set up correctly but in other cases there are corrupt or missing data structures on the remote host. There are a number of references on the Internet to assist with troubleshooting WMI problems. The plugins in this package assist with this troubleshooting by returning the WMI error code and (if possible) a description for that error.
If you are testing your RAM for several hours, then you may need to leave one memory module plugged in and perform Memtest86+ on it.
Palo Alto Server Monitoring Access Denied
The Windows DCOM Server security feature bypass (CVE-2021-26414) was released by Microsoft when it identified critical vulnerabilities with WMI. The event id 10036 was detected during DCOM RPC communication between the client and server after applying this update on the server.
The Windows update will automatically update your common device drivers and other security updates during windows update. Once you connect your computer to the Internet, you can install the latest updates by turning on the windows update feature and checking for them. In addition to fixing your many problems, it will also help you to stay protected in the future. Download and install the latest Windows updates to your computer.
Here are the results of a state message posted to the Intune cloud service by the Windows 10 client.
The same solution should be repeated individually for each RAM module if you have more than one.
Note: This only applies if you get a blue screen of death with error code 0x80041003. If your computer cannot be rebooted because of this error, ignore this step.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
0x80041003 is an event 10 error in the event viewer. According to the Event Viewer, this is related to WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). This error tells you that events cannot be passed through this filter until the problem is resolved.
A WMI error occurs when the "WMI filter" is accessed without sufficient authorization.
- Disable user account control.
- Run a special troubleshooting tool.
- Create a vbs script and run it.
- Create a bat file and run it.
- Remove the Repository folder.
- Check your RAM.
- Check your BIOS.
- Reset your Windows 10 settings.
Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) is a set of specifications from Microsoft for consolidating the management of devices and applications on a network of Windows computer systems. WMI provides users with information about the status of local or remote computer systems.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.