- Exception code 0xc000027b is essentially a store-related issue where Windows Store applications crash without displaying an error message.
- When this error occurs, you won’t be able to launch or update a program downloaded from the Microsoft Store.
- This error can be caused by damaged Windows Store components, date and time synchronization issues or a corrupted system file.
Faulting Module Name: Windows Ui Xaml Dll
Our network has 200 computers, but 3 have been affected by this app crash issue. I don’t know if the MFA (Duo) addition to Microsoft Office is directly contributing to this, but it seems too close to be ignored. It appears that calculators and Photos are the most affected apps, but other Windows apps also flash on screen, then crash immediately. Things I’ve tried:
Faulting Module Name Windows Ui Xaml Dll
Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22000.120, time stamp: 0x27a6d211
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.22000.318, time stamp: 0xe4273f56
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x0000000000834450
Faulting process id: 0x1858
Faulting application start time: 0x01d846066316a056
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: d442e4b7-ef62-4d77-93d1-034e49645401
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel
During an operation, the Microsoft Store has been experiencing a common error: 0xc000027b.
We will discuss and resolve a crash with error code 0xc000027b with the Windows 10 Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps; Windows Xbox app launches and shows as running on the Task Bar; however, if I click on it to launch any applications, the window opens right away. This is a discussion in ‘XBoX Games and Apps’ started by PapaOssis, Jul 27, 2021.
Windows Store apps crash without displaying any error message when attempting to run the exception code 0xc000027b, a store-related problem. A few users complained of not being able to launch the Store app itself when it occurred. It makes it impossible to either start or update any program downloaded from the Microsoft Store.
When Windows Store applications crash without displaying an error message, exception code 0xc000027b is a store-related issue. This error can prevent users from loading or updating programs downloaded from the Microsoft Store, and some users have complained about being unable to launch the Store application itself as well.
Faulting Module Name: Windows Ui-xaml Dll
There is a fault in the Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version 10.0.17134.81, time stamp 0x4f4899f8, in the following module: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll.
Spacedesk Viewer from Windows Store crashes when trying to open it after updating to Windows 11 22H2. The event viewer displays the following error:
This guide aims to provide you with five effective ways to resolve this problem, as well as all the possible causes for it. These workarounds can help you get rid of this error, regardless of whether you have damaged Windows Store components, time and date synchronization issues, or a corrupted system file.
What causes Windows Store exception code 0xc000027b?
- Windows Store components can be corrupt or faulty, the date and time are incorrect, and system files can be corrupt.
- Incorrect date and time also cause Microsoft Store applications to crash with exception code 0xc000027b. An invalid timestamp causes Store requests to fail, preventing the Store server from connecting.
- The failure occurs as a result of Windows Store calling a corrupted component, which is one of the causes of this problem.
How to repair the Windows Store exception code 0xc000027b?
…. and it all reset fine, but malwarebytes reported a BSOD. Once my computer had restarted, Windows Defender found win32 powersere.
Resetting the Microsoft Store via settings
The problem can arise from a corrupted Windows Store segment, which will result in the crash in this case.
- The problem may persist if you re-set Microsoft Store through settings.
Launch the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
You can use the Windows Apps Troubleshooter to determine whether there is a difference between existing and new Microsoft Store apps.
- Update and Security can be found in the Settings app.
- On the left, select “Troubleshooting,” and on the right, select “Advanced Troubleshooting.”.
- The Windows Store Apps option is at the bottom of the overview.
- You will be prompted to run a troubleshooter.
Setting the correct date and time
You will not be able to connect to the Store and Store Apps if you do not set the correct dates, times, and time zones. Microsoft Store Apps also fail with exception code 0xc000027b when the dates and times are incorrect. The problem can be resolved by setting the proper date, time, and time zone.
- Select Run from the menu and type timedate.CPL.
- We are now going to open the Date and Time window.
- The correct date and time will be set when you click the Change date and time button.
- Select the desired time region from the drop-down menu to change the time region (if it is incorrect).
- Click OK after you’ve finished setting up, and then click Apply.
- The problem should now be resolved if you restart your computer.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.