- Skype is an important but sometimes annoying application.
- Microsoft has improved the problems reported by Skype users over the years.
- An error occurs when the user tries to search for contacts.
- Since most conversations are retrieved from contacts stored in Skype, this error can lead to interruptions in service.
- This error is usually caused by the application being unable to connect to a server.
For the same scenario run, LoadRunner Professional cannot synchronize results between different result directories, resulting in an error when loading results into LoadRunner Analysis.
Clients that fail to load WorkSpaces usually result from services or network settings that are misconfigured or unavailable.
Video, voice, and instant text messaging can be made through Skype, which offers support for many different operating systems and consoles. It is available on Windows, Android, iOS, Xbox, and many other consoles. It is known for being used mostly for video conferencing, with 600 million users by 2010. In 2015, 300 million users were active monthly.
In spite of Microsoft’s improvements over the years, some known problems remain unresolved, including the error message – Directory results could not be loaded.
PSADMIN fails to launch from the command line when trying to start it:
If this problem persists, you should first check to see if the Personal workbook has been disabled. The following steps will help you determine if it has been disabled:
When searching for contacts, this error can lead to service interruptions since most Skype conversations are retrieved from contacts.
What causes the “Unable to load directory results” message in Skype?
Incorrect signal: The integrity of the connection may be compromised due to temporary disconnection during the connection. This problem is quite common and can be solved by repeating the process.
I receive an error message when I attempt to connect my ArcGIS Server site to my portal. Please verify your URL and credentials on the ArcGIS Server site.
It turns out that the issue was caused by a session conflict after verifying proper access had been granted! During the invitation process, the user may be logged in with one Email ID, but later attempt to access a SharePoint site where the ID currently logged in has no access to. I was logged in with a domain account, [email protected]CrescentTech.com, and I attempted to access a SharePoint site belonging to another domain, Crescent.com.
Cache: A cache is stored by each application on the computer to reduce the load time. However, over time, this cache can get corrupted and cause problems with the application. The same is true for Skype.
Connectivity issues: This error is usually caused by the application being unable to connect to a server. This problem may be caused by a slow internet connection or because the Windows firewall denies access to the application.
Creation Of The Virtual Directory Failed
In my experience, it can be caused by the fine name being too long when unzipping a file into a long name folder, so the error “Creating a virtual directory failed” may be a fake or virtual error. The problem can be solved by moving the project closer to the Drive root.
We solved those type of problems always with the “FactoryTalk View Studio: Restore Directory (ResDir) Utility” (ResDir.exe), which you can download from Rockwell’s website.
Shared.xml file: This is another file that is stored in the Skype application and has been known to cause problems with the application. This file is easily recreated by the application when deleted, so replacing the file can sometimes solve the problem.
Damaged application: In some cases, the application may be corrupted due to missing files, or even if the files are intact, you may have problems downloading these files correctly.
How to solve the “Unable to load directory results” problem in Skype?
- The Settings icon can be found in the Start menu.
- The “Applications” option can be found in Settings.
- Go to the right side of the screen and select “Applications and Features.”.
- In the list of applications, select the Skype application.
- Below the name of the app, click the “Uninstall” button.
- Once again, click “Uninstall”.
- If you click on the “Next” button during installation, Skype will automatically be uninstalled, along with all its components.
- Make sure Skype is installed by downloading it from the Microsoft Store.
- Check if the issue persists after launching the app.
Try logging in again
- The left pane will display the menu option.
- The drop-down menu will give you the option to log out.
- Your credentials need to be entered again.
- It is still happening that Skype cannot download directory results.
Make sure that Skype is not blocked by the firewall
- The startup window can be accessed by pressing Windows + R.
- Enter “ms-settings:privacy-calendar”.
- The Settings icon can be found under the Start menu.
- You can update and secure your computer by clicking “Update and Security”.
- The “Windows Security” option can be found in the left pane.
- Allow the application to pass through the firewall by clicking the button.
- The administrative rights can be assigned by clicking on “Change Settings”.
- If you are using a private or public network, make sure Skype is allowed.
- Click “OK.”
- Skype should be closed in all instances.
- Press the “Run” key on your keyboard.
- To install an app, type “%appdata%” into the “Run” prompt.
- Once the application has opened, delete the Skype folder from its data folder.
- You will need to re-open the Run window.
- When prompted for a run command, type “%temp%”.
- The “Skype” folder will be deleted when you run this command.
- Your computer needs to be restarted.
- If the error message “Skype cannot load directory” still appears, make sure to restart Skype.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.