- Error 0xc00d36b4 is an error code that you may get when trying to play a music or video file under Windows 10.
- The error code is usually accompanied by a message similar to “Cannot play” This is in a format we do not support.
- In this article, Techquack offers some solutions to this pesky problem.
- The errors can occur in various media applications such as Windows Media Player, Groove, Xbox, etc.
Groove Music Try Saving Again
The problem is that I’m trying to edit song info in Groove but it won’t save. Please discuss and support Groove music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to resolve this. I’m having trouble saving my changes. My changes cannot be saved. We couldn’t save them for some reason.
Discussion in ‘Windows 10 Network and Sharing’ started by PabloAguilera918, Apr 29, 2020.
When Windows 10 users use the Groove Music Player, they receive the error code 0xc00d36b4. When this error occurs, the app skips the file in the playlist and begins to play the next one if the file that’s triggering it is part of a playlist.
A Windows Media Player error occurs when this error occurs and the music or video can’t be played.
Error 0xc00d36b4 is an error code that you may get when trying to play a music or video file under Windows 10. In this article, Techquack offers some solutions to this pesky problem.
The majority of users use their computers to play video or music files on a regular basis. Some of them, however, report that when they open a media file, they sometimes experience the error 0xc00d36b4. Usually, the error code is accompanied by a message such as “Cannot play”. This format isn’t supported by our software. Please try another format.
There are many media applications that can cause the error 0xc00d36b4. How can you fix 0xc00d36b4 error? Here are a few suggestions.
What is the cause of the 0xc00d36b4 error in the Groove Music Player?
If your Media player cannot play newer music file extensions, you will get the 0xc00d36b4 error.
Media file is not supported: Groove Music Player only works with a limited number of file formats. It supports the most common file formats, but cannot support newer formats that are not widely available. If the file is not supported by Groove Music Player, you can use an online or offline converter to make the file compatible or use a third-party tool that supports more file formats.
Windows Media Player stuck in a blurred state: It turns out that this problem may occur because the main component that powers Groove Music Player (Windows Media Player) is stuck in a blurred state. If this scenario applies, the problem can be solved by going to the Windows Features screen and disabling the media features before restarting and reactivating them.
Interference between codecs: There is a certain set of third-party codecs that have been known to conflict with the Groove Music Player application. If you currently have Nero Codecs installed on your computer, you can solve the problem completely by uninstalling the application from the Programs and Features menu.
Defective audio format: Another real possibility that can cause this error code is a defective audio format activated after an incorrect system restart or shutdown. If this scenario applies, you can solve the problem by accessing the audio settings on the device in use and changing the default format to a different sample rate and bit depth.
To fix Groove Music Player error 0xc00d36b4
Using a third-party media player
If your media player does not support the file format, you can download another media player and install it by default, and then restart your video. If that does not work, download a new media player and install it by default.
Other methods may also work if that one does not.
Update your drivers
Most display driver errors are caused by outdated drivers. To update your display drivers, follow these steps:
- To enlarge a driver icon, right-click the driver icon or right-click Start and select Device Manager.
- Click “Update Drivers” and then click “Browse My Computer”. Click “Select device drivers from my computer” to select the drivers from that list.
- If you do not see your computer manufacturer’s website, you can visit the website of the company that makes your computer, which may have the drivers you need.
- The latest display driver can be selected, downloaded, and installed here.
Copying and Converting
A free video converter is available in the Internet to help you convert your video files if you don’t find the format you’re looking for in the player.
After you play the video again, you will probably be able to watch it again in the future. If that didn’t work, this next method will definitely work.
Installing the missing codec pack
The best thing to do is to uninstall any codecs you recently installed. You should also reboot your computer and try to find the missing codec packages in the checked sources.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check if the file format is supported.
- Turn off copy protection in Media Player.
- Activate Windows Media Player.
- Install missing codecs.
- The playback settings are not set correctly.
- Move music files.
- Open the Run window and type ms-settings: recovery and press Enter.
- Go to the Recovery tab and click Refresh and Security Settings.
- Find the Advanced Boot option and click Reboot Now.
- Go to Troubleshooting and click Advanced Options.
- Click Startup Options and restart your computer.
If the Groove Music app keeps crashing or just doesn't work, it could be a problem with the app itself. If you're having problems with Groove Music, follow these steps to reset the app: Select Groove Music. Click the "More Options" link.
- Under Now Playing, right-click on the file you want to play, then select Properties.
- Click the File tab, note the codecs listed under Audio Codec and Video Codec, and select OK.
- Select About Windows Media Player on the Help menu.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.