- In this Techquack article, we’ll list a few workarounds you can use to fix the NieR Automata white screen error on Windows 10.
- It is important to understand why this error occurs in the first place.
- It’s possible that your GPU drivers or other drivers are outdated, which causes a white screen when starting Nier Automata on your computer.
- The CPU resources you have allocated to the game may prevent it from working properly if they are not properly allocated or configured.
During the universe of NieR: Automata, humans have escaped Earth to the moon after being driven from the planet by invading aliens.
Nier: Automata Wiki
Developed by PlatinumGames, NieR: Automata (also referred to as NieR:Automata) was released on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and PlayStation 4, as well as the Nintendo Switch later this year. In February 2017, Nier, a spin-off of the Drakengard series, was released in Japan, followed shortly thereafter by a global release. Nier: Automata was released in Japan in February 2017, along with the global release the following month.
Nier On Pc
The Microsoft Store and Game Pass both have new versions of Nier: Automata, including the Become As Gods Edition. According to early reports, this version works much better than the Steam version.
In a desperate attempt to reclaim their planet, the Human Council organizes a resistance of androids. In order to defeat the invaders, the resistances deploy YoRHa, a new android infantry unit.
Nier Automata Controls
In this page, you will find the controls for Nier: Automata. You can keep checking this page for updates.
NieR: Automata offers challenging and enjoyable gameplay. Unfortunately, the gameplay is sometimes limited by various technical problems. In this Techquack article, we’ll list a few workarounds you can use to fix the NieR Automata white screen error on Windows 10.
What causes NieR Automata white screen error on Windows 10
Nier:automata Controller Or Keyboard
Even though the camera is awkward and you have to double tap to evade, keyboard + mouse is actually fine for most of the game, but there are some areas where the mouse won’t work.
Steam White Screen
The only thing you have to do is go to the Registry icon, scan for problems, and let it fix them. Make sure you scan a few times after the fixes are applied, since it may find a few new ones.
This error may occur for a variety of reasons, and you may use the following causes to determine why it occurs in the first place.
You can try closing Steam and closing NieR Automata to see whether the issue of the in-game crash or the white screen at startup is still occurring.
Affinity value: The CPU resources you have allocated to the game may prevent it from working properly if they are not properly allocated or configured.
Damaged configuration file: If the Nier Automata configuration file is corrupt, you will encounter a screen problem at startup. It is better to try deleting this file from your computer, after which it will automatically regenerate and the problem should go away.
Outdated drivers: it’s possible that your GPU drivers or other drivers are outdated, which causes a white screen when starting Nier Automata on your computer. Therefore, updating and reinstalling the drivers is a good way to solve the Nier Automata PC white screen problem.
Steam Overlay: If your application has Steam Overlay enabled, it can interfere with some programs on your computer and you may experience the Nier Automata white screen problem. It’s best to disable this feature and then see if you can fix this bug.
My RX 470 card has updated drivers, AA is off, and VSync is off. However, whenever using weapons, I get a white screen crash. I have tried both windowed and full-screen modes, and also tried using the “borderless Gaming” app without success. I was excited about playing this game tonight.
Update/rollback my GPU drivers, as well as a clean installation of the game, seems to have worked for me.
The best way to address this problem is to implement solutions now that you know the most common causes.
Here’s how to fix NieR Automata white screen error on Windows 10
Update your video card drivers
In order to play the latest games that require the latest drivers, you must install the latest drivers on your computer. The NVIDIA and AMD drivers have both released patches exclusively for this game due to this bug, which has become infamous. Follow the instructions below to download the latest drivers.
- Click on the name of Device Manager at the top of the list of available search results after opening the Start menu and typing “Device Manager” into the search box. You can also bring up the “Run” menu by pressing Windows + R. Click OK to run “devmgmt.MSC.”
- Select “Uninstall Device” from the Display Adapters section after right-clicking on your computer’s video card.
- You may be asked to confirm the removal of your current video card driver, so confirm the pop-up when it appears. Once the process is complete, your video card driver will be removed.
- NVIDIA or AMD both offer online driver downloads for video cards. To find the driver for your video card, go to the respective websites and enter the necessary information about your video card and operating system.
- After you find the latest driver, click on its name, click Download, and then follow the instructions on the screen. Save the file to your computer, open it, and follow the instructions within to install it.
- In NieR: Automata, check if the white screen is still visible after the problem has been fixed.
Delete the configuration file
In some cases, the white screen issue may have been caused by some of the settings you changed or by a configuration file that you downloaded from another player.
This will reset all your game settings if you delete the configuration file. Hopefully, this will solve your issue.
- File Explorer can be opened by clicking on This PC or My Computer in the left navigation bar, or you can access it through the Start menu by clicking on the Settings entry.
- In either case, double-click the local drive under This PC or My Computer and then go to Users – > Your Account Name – > Documents – > My Games – > NieR_Automata. The navigation menu on the right side in File Explorer provides easy access to documents for Windows 10 users.
- Select the “Delete” option from the context menu that appears when you right-click the Graphics.ini file. Confirm the dialogue box that appears when you select the “SystemData.dat” file.
- The white screen problem might persist after restarting the game.
Disabling the video card performance timer
As soon as the video card driver fails, the system will lock up, and the game will likely have an error or graphics problem. After a certain period of time, the system will wait for it to fail. If this time is increased or disabled completely, you may solve the problem. However, it may cause other applications and games to run in a unstable manner. If you notice such changes, you should cancel these actions.
- We recommend reading our article about protecting the registry and preventing other problems before making any changes to the registry key. If you follow all the steps carefully and carefully, everything will be fine.
- Using your mouse, navigate to the following key in your registry in the left pane of the registry editor window by typing “Regedit” in the search box or by selecting “Regedit” from the Start menu.
ControlGraphicsDrivers can be found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet002.
- Find a TdrDelay entry by clicking on this key. When you right-click the right side of the window, you can create a new DWORD value entry named TdrDelay, depending on your Windows installation, by selecting New -> DWORD Value (32-bit) or New -> QWORD Value (64-bit). From the context menu, right-click it and select Edit.
- Set the base to decimal and confirm any security dialog boxes that will appear in the Edit window in the Value Data section. Change the value to 8 and apply the changes.
- Delete the files that are related to the problem and restart your computer manually by clicking the Start Menu – and then the Power Button – and than Restart your computer. This should fix the problem right away.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.