- Microsoft Outlook is one of the main email clients used to send and receive emails.
- It is used in various organizations to handle large amounts of email data.
- Sometimes due to the workload, Outlook encounters corruption problems.
- This will cause Outlook to malfunction and cause other errors such as Outlook error 0x8004060C.
- In this article, you will find all the necessary steps to fix this error.
The Message Store Has Reached Its Maximum Size
In task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server – Sending’, an error (0x8004060C) was reported: ‘The message store has reached its limit. Move items you no longer need to the trash’.
Among the main email clients used for sending and receiving emails, Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular. It is widely used in a variety of organizations to manage large quantities of email data. Outlook can sometimes encounter corruption issues because of the workload. In this case, Outlook will malfunction and cause errors such as Outlook error 0X8004060C.
In that case, you can call (806) 552 0044 to get assistance with any current problems related to Outlook error 0x800ccc0e.
Therefore, it is recommended to fix this error immediately to prevent further problems with Outlook. In this article, you will find all the necessary steps to fix this error. If you go through the whole guide, you will learn a lot.
What causes the Outlook error 0x8004060c?
- Outdated Outlook: Microsoft adds new features and improvements to Outlook by releasing software updates. If your version of Outlook is outdated, you may run into a lot of problems.
- Damaged PST/OST file: If PST/OST files contain different types of important Outlook data and these files are corrupt, it may cause Outlook to display the current problem.
- Cache mode synchronization problems: In cache mode, Outlook keeps a local copy of user data. If Outlook is having problems synchronizing with Microsoft Exchange Server in cached mode, it may cause the following error.
- The maximum PST file size has been reached: The PST file is the backbone of Outlook communication. If your PST file has reached the maximum size, it may cause an error 0x8004060c.
How to repair the Outlook error 0x8004060c?
Emails that are unnecessary should be deleted
Disk space can be saved by deleting unnecessary emails.
- You can select multiple emails at the same time by holding down the Ctrl key.
- Select them and then click Delete.
Compressing the size of PST
- Go to File, then About in Outlook.
- A window with account settings will appear when you click Account Settings.
- Once the tab Data Files has been selected, click on it.
- To compress a PST file, select it.
- Select Settings.
- You can compress Outlook data files by clicking Compress Now in the Outlook Data File window.
Recovering PST files with Scanpst.exe
It is also possible to fix the 0x8004060c error by repairing corrupt PST files using the Scanpst utility (also known as Outlook Inbox Repair Tool).
- You can open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E at the same time.
- Once the MS Office folder is open in Explorer, it has the default path C:Programs (x86)Microsoft Office/Office16.
- A window will open when you click SCANPST.EXE.
- If you would like to restore an Outlook PST file, click Browse.
- To begin scanning, click Start.
- Once that has been done, click Restore.
Reducing Mailbox Size
You can use the Mailbox Cleanup utility to reduce mailbox size to resolve error 0x8004060c in Outlook 2019 and ’16.
- The options can be accessed by clicking Files and Tools.
- To clear your inbox, click on it.
- More emails can be archived by choosing Auto Archive.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
In general, a corrupted PST file is considered the root cause of most common Outlook error messages. Although Microsoft provides the Inbox Repair tool to repair a PST file, it may not work if the damage is severe.
- Disable the Windows firewall and antivirus program.
- Check for suspicious emails.
- Fix your Outlook email settings.
- Delete the Outbox folder and change the server timeout.
- Run Outlook in safe mode.
- Use a special recovery program for Outlook.
- Delete unnecessary emails.
- Reduce the size of the mailbox.
- Compress the size of the PST.
- Recreate OST file with Outlook data.
- Recover PST files with Scanpst.exe.
Navigate to Account Settings > Account Settings in Outlook by clicking the File menu.
Outlook error code 0x8004060C does not appear when you try to open your PST file. This error indicates that the file size has exceeded the PST file limit. There are however several ways to resolve this error. To fix Outlook error code 0x8004060C if none of these methods work, you will have to use Outlook PST Repair. In addition, you can learn how to fix “Cannot Display the Folder” error.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.