- Updated November 2022: This tool will stop these errors and fix common problems: Get it at this link.
- It will scan your computer to find problems and then correct the issues that were discovered.
- The easiest way to solve the problem is to update or revert to an earlier version of ATI video drivers.
- This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again: It will also optimize your device for maximum performance.
Loadlibrary Failure: The Specified Module Could Not Be Found
The problem was fixed by adding the MingW dlls to the Windows path based on advice from my colleague.
Is “DLL1.dll” dependent on all external libraries?
There is an answer in the Quora section about how to troubleshoot the Lo A Dynamic Link Library DLL Initialization Routine Failed, Security Check?
This error can be attributed to a conflicting graphics card (inbuilt versus external) as one of the main reasons for the failure.
Upon startup of IBM SPSS product in a Windows OS environment, a message saying “Load Library Failed with Error 126: The specified module could not be found.” appears.
Hello, I get an error message randomly when I try to install Oracle SQL Developer. Sometimes the error occurs right after startup, but other times it appears after a few minutes.
Check out the following tutorial if you need help fixing “Loadlibrary failed with error 126”.
There is a common error that occurs when ATI video drivers are installed on PCs or laptops. In order to solve the problem, you need to update or revert to an earlier version of ATI video drivers. The error occurs when ATI video drivers are missing or corrupt, including OpenGL files.
What caused error 126 (library loading failed)?
- Two graphics cards: If the system has two graphics cards installed, i.e. a switched graphics system with an integrated graphics card and a dedicated graphics card, a load library problem may occur when application modules try to use both cards simultaneously.
- Lack of administrative rights: If an application can’t access protected system files or directories due to a lack of administrative rights, this can cause a Loadlibrary error.
- Damaged system files: If important system files are corrupted, the application may not be able to access an important directory or file, resulting in a load library failed error message with error 126.
- Damaged or outdated graphics driver: If the system’s graphics driver is damaged or outdated, its incompatibility with the problematic application may cause error 126.
How can I resolve error 126 (load library failed)?
In my tester app, I just loaded the DLL (using LoadLibrary) and the DLL was successful on my PC, but failed on the second PC for the same reason.
If the DLL is dependent on a MFC library (like mfc120.dll), then this error can occur.
The following command should be entered as an Administrator in a command prompt window:
There is an error 126 Failed to Load Observer.dll when I try to update Business Partners.
Turn off the graphics card
- The Start menu will appear.
- The Device Manager can be found there.
- In the Display Adapters section, you can find the integrated graphics driver.
- Choose Disable Driver from the context menu when you right-click on it.
- Rebooting the system will disable the driver.
- The problem should be resolved now.
Update your ATI graphics card
- Select Windows from the menu.
- You can do this by searching DEVICE MANAGER.
- Display Adapters tab is where you can find the graphics card.
- Check the Update Driver option under the right-click menu of the video card driver.
- You can search for suitable drivers automatically by clicking Automated driver search.
- Install any updates you receive via these results.
- Check if errors have disappeared after rebooting the system.
Using the SFC scan
- Start by typing CMD in the search field.
- Use an administrator account to run the command line.
- SFC/SCANNOW is the type.
- It takes about 15 minutes for the SFC scan stage to begin.
- The device needs to be restarted.
Stopping inconsistent tasks
- Click on “Start”.
- Ensure that Task Manager is open.
- The embedded GPU processes can be found under the Processes tab.
- Select End Task from the right-click menu of the application.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Temporarily disable your virus protection.
- Update the Microsoft NET Framework.
- Run the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer Toolkit.
- Uninstall your program and install it again.
- Run a system scan.
- Update your firmware drivers.
If an application cannot access protected system files or directories because it does not have administrator rights, it may fail to load the library. Similarly, if the system's graphics driver is corrupt or outdated, its incompatibility with the problem application can lead to error 126.
- Click on Windows.
- Perform a DEVICE MANAGER search.
- Locate the video card on the Display Adapters tab.
- Right-click on the video card driver and look for options, including Update Driver.
- Click Automatically search for drivers to allow you to search the Internet for suitable drivers.
- Click on the results if you received an update, and install it.
- Reboot the system and make sure the system no longer displays errors.
In order to load the library, you must use the LoadLibrary function defined in Libloaderapi.h header, which has been aliased to LoadLibraryW using #define macros. It takes one argument: an object containing a wide string that represents the library’s file name.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.