- Users report that their voice communication is suddenly interrupted and the app no longer responds to any input.
- In some cases, even attempts to close the app via Task Manager can fail, forcing users to reboot their computer.
- Recent updates to Discord have changed the default keyboard layout, which may be the reason the app hangs.
- Hardware acceleration is the use of computer hardware to perform certain functions more efficiently than is possible with software running on a general-purpose processor.
Why Does My Discord Keep Crashing
The reason Discord keeps crashing on your computer is due to a few reasons. The issue could be caused by an update to Discord which has some bugs, or it may be caused by cache related problems or corrupted files, both of which can lead to discord exhibiting abnormal behavior. Now that we’ve covered that, let’s look at solutions and possible fixes.
Designed for gamers, Discord lets you easily find, join, and chat with your friends via voice and text chat. The app is free, secure, and can be used on desktops as well as mobile devices. On Windows 10, Discord can sometimes crash or freeze, which can be frustrating. Here’s how to fix it.
There is a lot of interest in gaming across all demographics. Whether they’re building their own digital farms, battling each other, or simply socializing while maintaining a space ship without impostors, people are creating digital farms across all demographics. With Fedora Linux, all of this is possible. And while looks may not be the best way to describe Fedora Linux, they can be deceiving. Keep reading to find out how.
Communication with other users can be difficult when discord freezing occurs. The app can significantly disrupt a player’s connection time since most gamers use it to communicate with other players while playing games or other popular games.
Did Discord Crash
There are multiple reports indicating that the Discord application crashes for Windows users on a regular basis. The issue appears to affect both small and large groups of users.
My laptop runs Windows 10 and recently Discord has been locking up my computer minutes after it is launched, regardless of whether I am using text chat, voice chat, or simply clicking the channels link.
As for the problem of occasional Discord hang-ups, users report that their voice communication is suddenly interrupted and the app no longer responds to any input. In some cases, even attempts to close the app via Task Manager can fail, forcing users to reboot their computer.
Discord Freezes After League Game
To turn off hardware acceleration for Discord app, follow the steps below. It is believed that hardware acceleration may be causing this issue. It is advised that you disable this option.
Discord App Crashing
Reinstalling Discord seems to have helped some users, if you’re experiencing this problem.
It is not uncommon for apps to crash because of bugs, which is why developers release updates quickly to fix the issue. It is a good idea to update the Discord app to the latest version. Open the Play Store and find Discord. Click on Update. On iOS, open the App Store and find Discord.
It is possible to update the graphics drivers whenever a computer game crashes or freezes. It is important to update the graphics drivers for the proper functioning of games. An outdated or corrupted graphics driver can cause games to crash/freeze or not launch properly.
If your Discord regularly hangs, check your computer. In other words, your computer may be having issues.
What is the cause of “Discord constantly freezes”?
- The Discord app may also be to blame for this issue.
- Discord can hang due to changes to its keyboard layout in recent updates. It may be the reason for the app’s hang, but keystroke configurations can cause this problem.
- When a computer hardware accelerator is used to perform a task more efficiently than software running on a general-purpose processor is capable of doing, certain functions become more efficient. The Discord app has the option of enabling or disabling hardware acceleration, and this problem appears to arise when the feature is enabled.
How to resolve the “Discord keeps freezing” problem?
Discord Keeps Restarting
If you do not own the server, you can always ask someone to change regions for you. To change servers, you must first right click on the server icon. Next, you must click on server settings, overview, and server region. From here, you can change servers. Alternatively, if you do not own the server, you can always ask them to do so.
Disable hardware acceleration
- The Discord app can be opened by pressing the Windows key and typing Discord.
- In the next window, click Settings.
- Select Appearance from the menu.
- Select Advanced.
- If prompted, select OK to disable hardware acceleration.
- Discord should be restarted.
Disable keyboard shortcuts
- Windows + S is the keyboard shortcut you need to use.
- Go to Discord and type Discord.
- To access Options, click the cogwheel.
- Click on Keybinds.
- The keybinds will appear in a list, each marked by a red X.
- The red cross icon can be clicked to unbind a keybind.
- All keys should be bound in the same way.
- If you remove the key assignment, the problem will be resolved.
Disabling compatibility mode
- You can access Discord’s properties by right-clicking on it.
- Select Compatibility.
- You can clear the compatibility mode checkbox for this program.
- Once you’ve clicked OK, click Apply.
- The Discord app will now need to be restarted.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.