- Many users have reported receiving an “Installation Failed” error message when trying to add Discord to their computer.
- Most of these problems are related to corrupted Windows files or service packs that conflict with Discord.
- Windows 10 updates have been known to disrupt new programs that users add to their computers.
- When you try to uninstall and reinstall the application, you may get an error message.
- If Discord installation failed on your site, it is most likely because the application is still running in the background.
Why Won T Discord Download
There are times when Discord stops working without apparent reason. In most cases, this is caused by corrupted files or other system issues.
Discord should be removed from your device as soon as possible if you no longer use it or if you wish to reinstall it. After removing Discord from any device, you also need to remove any leftover folders and cache. The process doesn’t take more than a few simple steps, depending on which device you’re trying to remove it from.
You’re trying to install Discord, but it’s failing?
It is important to know that Discord is susceptible to a variety of problems, many of which are related to corrupted files. Windows 10 updates, after all, have been known to interfere with the installation of new programs on users’ PCs. It is possible that the update files will conflict with internal Discord packages and the error message appears after attempting to remove and reinstall the application.
There are times when Discord can have problems just like other software. It has been reported that many users have faced this issue, and they have wondered, “What should I do if I cannot install Discord on Windows 10?” It is not yours alone. Discord is reported to have failed to install when many users try to install it.
The Discord community is an easy way to stay close with your friends and communities. You can chat, text, and voice chat to stay in touch. With Discord, you can easily talk every day, and hang out with friends more often, whether you’re in a school club, a gaming group, a world-wide art community, or a small group of friends.
It is composed of electron-webpack and Svelte 3 code. It contains the source code for BetterDiscord’s installer.
Hi, I’m having trouble installing discord; I keep getting the following error:
You can fix Discord installation problem by following these steps.
The most common problems with Discord are related to corrupted files. The Windows 10 update process has been known to disrupt the addition of new software programs on users’ computers. The Discord application can be conflicted with update files. An error message may appear when you try to uninstall and reinstall it.
What causes the ‘Installation failed’ problem on Discord?
It is most likely that your site’s Discord installation is not working because corrupted or conflicting Windows files or service packs conflict with Discord.
Discord Installation Failed in Windows 10 could be due to a variety of reasons. This article has several solutions for fixing this issue.
How to repair the Discord ‘Installation failed’ error?
There is a problem with the files in Discord that caused it to fail to install.
Terminate the Discord process
- You can access Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Find Discord’s entry under Background Processes.
- Choose one of the instances and click the End Task button. It is necessary to select one instance at a time if there are multiple instances.
Run the installation as an administrator
- Discord.exe can be accessed by pressing the Windows key.
- Then right-click on the first result and select Run as administrator.
- Select Yes if you are asked to accept UAC.
Remove a Windows Update
- The Windows Settings window can be opened by pressing Windows + I.
- On the Updates and Security tab, click the Update button.
- You can view the updates history by going to Windows Update.
- The first option is to remove updates.
- The following links will allow you to remove certain Windows updates.
Uninstall the previous Discord app
- To open Control Panel, press Windows + R, type it in and then press Enter.
- The Small Icons option can be found in the View by section, which is on the right side of the screen.
- Make a selection from the program and feature list.
- Uninstall Discord by selecting it in the list of programs.
- Your computer needs to be restarted.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Make sure your device has enough memory.
- Run Windows Update several times.
- Check for third-party drivers and download any updates.
- Disable any additional hardware.
- Check the Device Manager for errors.
- Uninstall third-party security programs.
- Fix hard drive errors.
- Perform a clean Windows reboot.
If Discord installation fails in your location, it is usually because the application is still running in the background. You may need to completely remove the tool from your computer before installing it again. Deleting all old files associated with the application can eliminate the "Discord installation failed" error.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination to quickly open the application.
- Click on the "Process" tab, find the Discord app, and click on it.
- You can then restart Discord and see if it opens and works properly.
- Follow the troubleshooting procedure for installing and uninstalling programs.
- Delete the local data of the Discord application.
- Install the latest version of .NET Framework.
- Perform a clean boot and run the Discord installer.
- Temporarily disable the AV software.
- Install Discord application in safe mode.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.