- Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update includes a feature called Run From USB.
- You can use it to run programs directly from a USB stick.
- Microsoft’s KB45059 update is available now available now via Windows Update.
- Users who have not yet applied the update may not be able to use it immediately.
The Media Creation Tool 1903 . Error 0x80070005 – 0xA001B has been installed correctly but I seem to be having problems; [ATTACH]What do I have to do ?…
A bootable USB drive for Windows 10 or 11 keeps showing an error 0x80070003 – 0xA001B when using the Windows Media Creation Tool. This tool cannot be run on your PC. Please provide customer support with the error code if you continue to experience problems. This article will provide you with the only working solution. Error code: 0x80070003 – 0xA001B.”
Media Creation Tool error code 0x80042405-0xa001b may be caused by changes in Windows file settings. Resetting Media Creation Tool and changing the MBR to GPT may help.
It is very important that you use the media creation tool when creating videos and audio. However, sometimes it displays the error 0xa001b. In this article, we explain what causes the error and how to fix it.
Could the error 0XA001B in Media Creation Tool be caused by anything?
Windows File settings have changed, which probably caused Media Creation tool error 0x80042405-0xa001b on your system. You may be able to resolve this issue by changing MBR to GPT and resetting Media Creation tool.
A code of 0xa001b is displayed when you run the Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool. This error usually occurs when there is a problem with the installation of the application. The Windows Media Creation Tool might produce this error when you are trying to install it. If you are trying to reinstall the tool for the first time, make sure you have removed all existing data.
Open the Windows Media Creation Tool (WMC) as an administrator
In case you are having trouble creating media files in Windows 10, here are some tips. You may need to give yourself administrative access to perform admin tasks if you don’t already have it. If you don’t, follow these steps to get it.
- Select “Administrator” from the Start menu. The Control Panel will appear.
- To access User Accounts, click here.
- Make a change to the type of account.
- On the next screen, select Local account.
- You will be asked to confirm your password.
- Hit OK.
- Now you should have no issues using the Windows Media Creation Tool after restarting your computer.
Run WMC from a USB stick
You can run programs directly from a thumb drive with the Run From USB feature in the Windows 10 Creators Update. Here’s how.
- Computers can be connected via USB sticks.
- Choose Uninstall from the right-click menu when you are presented with the USB device.
- elect OK.
- Navigate to /Users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.Windows.MediaCreationTool_cw5n1h2txyewy/Unins000 with the File Explorer.
- Microsoft.Windows.MediaCreaionTool_cw5p0xlqb2fvjg/unins000.exe should be double-clicked.
- Accept the app’s installation request by clicking Yes.
- After you have finished using the USB drive, unplug it.
- Your video or audio file will be created when you open the Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Your computer should be plugged back in once you are done.
- Select Install from the right-click menu when you are ready to install the new USB device.
- Where did you save the .exe file?
- Hit Finish.
- Your computer needs to be restarted.
- If you plug in your computer, Windows Media Creation Tool should now automatically launch.
The DiskPart partitioning tool can be used to partition a USB drive
DiskPart allows you to format, rename, and even delete partitions on a USB flash drive. It can be used to partition and format a USB flash drive.
- Using the “Repair Disk” option will repartition a disk without formatting it.
- If you choose the option “Increase Partition Primary Function”, you will be able to re-partition a USB stick without deleting anything.
- You can view DiskPart’s options by pressing F2.
A manual format of a USB drive
Incomplete formatting could cause your USB drive to be damaged. Try formatting your USB stick manually if you are having trouble removing files. Before trying to format the USB stick again with the Windows Media Creation Tool, make sure to do this first.
It is possible to access your USB drive using this method even if Windows Explorer cannot. The steps are as follows:
- Take your USB drive out of the computer and unplug it.
- You can find the Tools tab by selecting the Properties option from the right-click menu of My Computer.
- To access Disk Management, click on its icon.
- Among the available drives, select the USB drive.
- Select Action from the menu.
- You can choose a volume format.
- The USB drive will be formatted once you follow the prompts.
- Your computer needs to be plugged back into the USB drive.
Install KB4505903 Update
The Microsoft Edge browser has several issues that have been fixed in a new patch released by Microsoft for Windows 7 and 8/8.1 users. There are also some compatibility issues with Office 2016 applications addressed in the update. These include crashes when opening certain documents, including PDFs, and errors when printing a document.
You can download the KB4505903 update directly from Microsoft’s website if you have not yet installed it. Users should apply the update immediately by using Windows Update.
Error 0x80042405-0xA001B when Formatting USB Flash Drive v1903: When I download Windows 10, I get Error 0x80042405-0xA001B when it tries to format it. When creating installation media, this occurs around 50% of the time. To resolve this, you must download the ISO and use Rufus to create the ISO…
Recently, I built my first PC, but it doesn’t come with Windows. I’ve tried downloading it multiple times using a USB stick (14,5GB), but the error code keeps giving me 0x80042401 0xA001B, I’ve tried multiple solutions, but none of them worked. Can anyone give me some advice on 0x80042405 0xA001B?
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
This error occurs because the Windows Media Creation Tool cannot successfully format the USB drive. Therefore, you will need to use another method to solve this problem. You can use the free diskpart program to fix the error.
The error code 0xa001b means that Windows encountered an internal error during the formatting process. This usually indicates that the USB device is corrupted or damaged. However, it might also indicate that the USB device was formatted incorrectly.
- Try a different USB drive: Sometimes, the reason behind the failure of WMC to create a bootable Windows installation media could be because of the type of storage device you are using. You can always try using another USB drive and see whether it works.
- Check the compatibility of your USB drive: There could be instances where your USB drive doesn't support certain features required by WMC. To check whether your USB drive supports the feature, open Device Manager and look for "Universal Serial Bus controllers." If you find any such entries, right-click on them and select Properties. Then, go to the Details tab and check whether the "USB Mass Storage Class driver" option is enabled or disabled. If it is disabled, enable it and restart your computer.
- Use a different version of WMC: There could be situations where WMC is unable to correctly format your USB drive even though you are using the latest version of the software. So, you can always try using an older version of WMC.
- Restart your PC: This step is optional, but it might help. Just remember to reboot your PC once you finish installing the newer version of WMC. Also, ensure that you don't turn off your computer while the process is ongoing.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.