- Thousands of FH 4 players have recently reported the same problem.
- Many users report that Forza Horizon 4 can cause crashes if Windows has not been updated to the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++.
- Video card drivers are an important bridge that allows operating systems and programs to use the graphics hardware on your PC.
- In some cases, antivirus software mistakenly detects some important files in the game, identifies them as viruses, and deletes or quarantines them.
This problem has been reported by thousands of FH 4 players recently. What’s more, it should be relatively straightforward to fix.
What causes Forza Horizon 4 to crash?
Video card drivers: Video card drivers are an important bridge that allows operating systems and programs to use the graphics hardware on your PC. Outdated graphics drivers can cause games to fail.
Forza Horizon 5 Keeps Crashing Pc
Your Forza Horizon 5 might be crashing because of a driver issue. Old drivers may slow down game performance and trigger crashes, so it’s important to have them updated.
As a launch title, Forza Horizon 4 faces several general issues in various areas.
Windows Updates: Outdated versions of Windows can cause transfer errors. Many users report that Forza Horizon 4 can cause crashes if Windows has not been updated to the latest version.
You might not have updated your OS if you are experiencing these crashes even if you already have a 64-Bit Win 10 OC installed. Forza Horizon 4 crashes at launch can be fixed by going to Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates. Once you do this, download and install the updates.
Microsoft Visual C++ packages: In many online support forms, users have reported that the game constantly crashes when using an older version of Microsoft Visual C++.
Antivirus software: Most users use antivirus software to protect their computers from viruses. However, in some cases, antivirus software mistakenly detects some important files in the game, identifies them as viruses, and deletes or quarantines them.
How to resolve the Forza Horizon 4 game crash?
Forza Horizon 4 Background
There are 46 Forza wallpapers available on this page. You can use them for your PC, laptop, Android phone, iPhone, or tablet.
It has been reported that Forza Horizon 4 may experience crashes, or be inaccessible if the Windows version isn’t the latest. It is therefore advisable to check for Windows updates and install any that are available if you haven’t updated Windows for a while.
- The Settings window can be opened by pressing Windows + I.
- Windows Update can be found under Update and Security.
- The right pane will tell you if there are any updates available.
- Updates will be downloaded and installed if they are found.
- If the Forza Horizon 4 PC crash still persists, restart your computer.
Add the game to your antivirus program’s exclusion list
Forza Horizon 4 may not function properly in some cases due to false positives detected by antivirus software. Most users want to protect their devices against virus attacks using antivirus software. You may experience Forza Horizon 4 crashing as a result of this issue.
- Go to Update and Security, then Windows Security, in Windows Preferences.
- The Windows Security window will open once you click “Virus and Threat Protection”.
- Choose Manage Options from the Virus and Threat Protection Options menu.
- The exceptions are added or removed by clicking the Add or Remove button under Exceptions.
- You will see a drop-down list of folders when you click Add Exception.
- Choose the location of Forza Horizon 4 in the window that appears.
- You can then add Windows Defender exceptions to the game by clicking Select Folder.
Reinstall or Reset the game
In other words, reinstalling Forza Horizon 4 will reset the game to its default settings.
- You can access it in the settings by clicking on Apps > Apps & Features.
- Select Advanced Settings from the right pane of Forza Horizon 4.
- Confirm the operation by clicking Reset under Reset.
- This should resolve the issue once the game has been restarted.
Update the graphics driver
Forza Horizon 4 freezes when the graphics driver isn’t updated. Follow this guide to update the graphics driver if it doesn’t work.
- Choose Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button.
- You can update the graphics driver by right-clicking on it in the Display Adapters category.
- The screen will instruct you to install any driver updates found by selecting Automatically check for driver software updates.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Problems running Forza Horizon 4 may occur if the game is not properly installed on your computer or if some of the game files are damaged or missing. In this case, reinstalling the game is most likely the solution to your problem. Next, right-click on Forza Horizon 4 and select Uninstall.
From anywhere in the open world in Forza Horizon 4, you can enter photo mode by clicking on the top of the D-pad. In photo mode, you can reset cosmetic damage (including dirt, dust, sand, and snow) by clicking on the right bumper, but this damage can persist after exiting photo mode.
If Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing on your computer, it may also be due to RAM problems. If this is the case, you should clear your standby memory before playing Forza Horizon 4. You can clear unused memory with RAMMap, a free program from Microsoft.
- Update your screen drivers.
- Update Windows 10.
- Run games in windowed mode.
- Check your hardware.
- Check your antivirus software.
- Check your Windows Defender settings.
- Remove your overclocking settings or underclock your video card.
- Check your third-party applications.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.