- Sometimes you may encounter a Windows activation error 0XC004F213, which indicates that your Windows 11 OS, as well as Windows 10, is not activated.
- Microsoft explained that this error occurs most often after replacing the motherboard.
- This is because after you install Windows 10 on your computer, the license key is automatically associated with the motherboard.
- If you replace it, you will have to reactivate the license.
Currently, some Windows 10 users are receiving an activation notice complaining that their operating system is not activated. Users with valid product keys or preinstalled copies of Windows 10 are likely to be affected.
The Windows 11 or Windows 10 operating systems are sometimes not activated, indicating an activation error 0XC004F213. This error appears when a real product key or a pre-installed operating system is used. Error code: 0XC004F213 is reported by Windows as not finding a product key on your device.
What causes error 0xc004f213 in Windows 10?
We Can T Activate Windows On This Device Right Now
It is not a sudden instance where the computer faces problems due to hardware changes, but it could have been caused by using a different key to rebuild or change hardware.
Windows Reported That No Product Key
For Windows instances, Amazon Web Services (AWS) uses Microsoft Key Management Service (Microsoft KMS). The Microsoft KMS server might not be reachable by your instance, which leads to an activation error message. The Microsoft KMS client configuration might be the problem.
In some cases, this causes activation error code 0xC004F213 to occur, which can be problematic. Many users reported receiving a notification suddenly, but the majority of the time, it is a result of recent Windows updates that have changed the hardware. Users may encounter a similar error code 0xC004F012 in similar circumstances.
The Windows 10 error indicated that the system couldn’t locate your product key. According to Microsoft, this generally occurs when you replace your motherboard.
Windows 10’s license key is linked to the motherboard after it is installed on your computer. If it is replaced, you will need to reactivate the license.
It is possible the servers are busy or down when the error code 0xC004F213 appears. If that does not work, you might consider waiting a few days.
Below you will find several solutions to this error. You can also get this error when upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.
How to eliminate error 0xc004f213 in Windows 10?
Launch the activation troubleshooter
- Click on Settings – Updates & Security.
- On the left side of the page, select Activation.
- Click the Troubleshooting link at the bottom of the error message.
- Ensure that you apply the suggested fixes as instructed on the screen.
Install all available Windows updates
- Select Settings from the right-click menu when you are in the Start screen.
- Updates and security can be found there.
- You can check for updates here by selecting Check for updates.
- Updates include cumulative updates as well as security updates and additional updates.
- Your computer will then need to be rebooted.
Activating Windows with local phone support
- Ensure that you have the Windows product key on hand.
- Slui 4 is entered by pressing Win + R.
- By pressing Next, you will be able to select your country.
- The local phone number you will receive will be the one you need to call.
- As soon as you receive instructions, follow them.
Use the built-in command at the command line to verify the key
- Windows will search for cmd if you type it in.
- Select Run as administrator from the right-click menu of Command Prompt.
- Then click Yes to enable User Account Control.
- The following command should be copied and pasted into the command line:
- Activation – Activation – Change Product Key will lead you to the key if available.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
This error means that Windows reported that no product key was found on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Then select Update and security.
- Click on Activation.
- Select the Change product key.
- Enter the key you used before and see if the new validation solves the problem.
- Open Settings -> Update and Security.
- Select Activation from the left menu.
- Below the error message, you should see several links that you can click.
- Select Troubleshooting.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and apply the suggested fixes.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.