- Updated November 2022: This tool will stop these errors and fix common problems: Get it at this link.
- It will scan your computer to find problems and correct the issues that were discovered.
- The Windows license is tied to the system hardware – e.g. motherboard, hard drive, etc.
- Windows detects the hardware change on the next boot and changes the activation status.
- The product key is not found on your device, you will get this error if you change the hardware.
Windows Reported That The Hardware Of Your Device Has Changed
After a hardware change, you can reactivate your device using the “Activation Troubleshooter” feature.
0xc004f211 Hardware Change
Installing or upgrading Windows OS can sometimes be difficult and problematic. Users may encounter an error when they complete the upgrade process even though it is generally quite simple and essential. If you change some hardware on your Windows 10 PC, you might encounter the error 0xC004F211, which is a common activation error.
The old hardware may have been upgraded or removed recently. In this blog post, we provide a simple solution to Error 0xC004F211. Because of this, Windows may not have been able to tell which key is being used on the new or old device. It is also possible to resolve the error 0xC004F213.
Upon restarting the VM, I now have an error message regarding Windows 10 activation:
I just bought a new computer that was supposed to come with Windows 10, but I get an activation error code 0xC004F211 when I try to activate it. Discuss and support activation error code 0xC004F211 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem.
Discussion in ‘Windows 10 Software and Apps’ started by aletha351, Sep 13, 2022.
You will receive the error “0xC004F211” if Windows detects significant hardware changes on your computer. Windows detects a hardware change when it boots and changes the activation status. Because the license depends on the system hardware [such as the motherboard, hard drive, etc.].
What causes error code 0xc004f211 on a Windows PC?
- There is a possibility that Windows PCs may encounter this error due to malware or viruses.
- The error message will appear if your device does not contain the product key.
- Your device may experience this problem if the hardware is changed.
How to fix error code 0xc004f211 on Windows PC?
Launch the Windows activation troubleshooter
- By pressing Win+I, you can access Windows settings.
- The next screen will show an option for updating and securing your computer.
- On the left-hand side, select Activation.
- You can initiate troubleshooting by clicking Troubleshooting in the right pane.
- Check to see if your operating system is activated if you can’t find Troubleshooting.
- Please click Yes if you are prompted by User Account Control.
- If there is an activation issue with Windows, this will detect it.
- Following the completion of the process, select the device’s hardware has recently been changed link.
- Use the login information associated with your Microsoft account to log in.
- Activate your device by selecting it.
- The current page should be closed after activating Windows.
- Make sure the problem has been resolved by restarting your Windows computer once the process is complete.
Buy a new Windows license
- Select Settings from Start.
- You will see an option for Update and Security in the window.
- You can visit the Microsoft Store by selecting “Activation.”.
- Activation > Change Product Key will appear once you have your new license.
- Your system will automatically be activated when you update the key.
- Creating or connecting a Microsoft account is now required.
- A new license is not required if an error occurs after the key is linked to the account.
There was a hardware change on your device. The error code is 0xC004F211.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.