- The Hirez service is malfunctioning or may not be installed at all.
- This service is necessary for the game and you will have to reinstall it manually.
- Manually reinstalling it is a good way to fix the problem.
- Uninstall updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 using the Settings application using the Windows + I key combination.
- Transfer your personal files to the new account and use them instead of the old one.
Smite 64 Bit Not Launching
I recently set up a new computer and moved the drive that had Smite installed over to the new computer. Upon launching it for the first time it installed a few redistributables but would not launch. The 64 bit launches this window (https://i.imgur.com/pDoJAUu.png), which loads disappears and then nothing else appears. After a few second Steam changes from ‘Running’ to ‘Play’ again. I can launch the 32 bit version no problem. The PC is using a i7-11700KF which is a 64-bit chip I am running a 64 bit OS. https://i.imgur.com/AaQwikQ.png
A common error that users encounter with Smite is the bad or missing configuration error. This error is quite common when people try to open the game on Windows 10 devices.
The game will no longer be playable after the servers shut down on Janu, according to an announcement published earlier today by Hi-Rez Studios.
Smite is a very popular MOBA game in the gaming industry. But when you try to open it on a Windows 10 device, you may run into some problems. One such error that occurs frequently is the problem of improper configuration or no configuration of Smite at all.
The most common cause of this annoying situation is missing DLL files, as well as third-party antivirus software.
Alternatively, you can uninstall the antivirus, then restart the computer and see if it solves the issue.
Next, you will find solutions to this problem.
What causes misconfiguration or no configuration in SMITE?
- In this case, You’ll have to manually reinstall the Hirez service, which is essential for the game.
- There may have been an error in the installation of the game’s cheat protection program, so reinstalling it manually will fix it.
- By reinstalling the game or troubleshooting a bug, you can fix most of them.
How to restore a faulty or missing configuration in SMITE?
Uninstall updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86
- With Windows + I, you will be able to access the Settings application.
- Click on Updates and Security.
- Choose Show history of updates.
- Make sure the Updates option is selected.
- The problematic update can be removed by double-clicking it.
Follow the steps above to remove the problematic updates. Once the problematic updates are removed, confirm that the problem has been resolved.
Making sure that the Hi-Rez Studios authentication and update service is running
- The Windows keyboard shortcut + R is used to open the System Control window. Type Service.MSC and press Enter.
- Authentication and update services will appear in a list. Locate Hi-Rez Studios.
- Select Run from the right-click menu.
- Smite can be reinstalled.
- Test whether the problem has been resolved after running this service.
Creating a new user account
- By pressing Windows + I, you can open the Settings app.
- Go to Accounts in Settings.
- From the left pane, select Family and Others, then click Add another person.
- The credentials of this person are not available to me.
- To add a user without a Microsoft account, click the Add a user without a Microsoft account button.
- Next, enter the name of the user you wish to use.
The old account should be switched to the new one and used instead of the old one if the problem persists.
Today has been upsetting! I tried loading SMITE at first Is says loading game data then nothing happens! I do a full restart on my computer and now in the game it’s asking me to log in with my user name and password! It has never done that to me ever before! I type in my Username and password and it says loading credentials then goes back to the log on screen saying bad or missing configuration! Wtf? I literally had no problems playin it for a whole week then I pay for it and a day later this happens! Really starting to regret buying the game if this is what happens!
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Add the game to your firewall's exclusion lists.
- Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package and Smite.
- Check the integrity of the game files.
- Uninstall EasyAntiCheat.
- Make sure the Hi-Rez Studios authentication and update service is working.
According to users, the most common cause of problems with Smite is your antivirus software. Your antivirus program may be interfering with the game and preventing you from launching it. To solve this problem, make sure the game is added to your antivirus and firewall software's exclusion list.
Click on the gear icon at the bottom left of the Smite launcher window to open the settings. Click on Troubleshoot and select Restart Services. Wait for the client to complete this process, and now try to start the game. Check to see if the problem has been resolved.
Right-click on the game and select Play Game, which will appear at the top of the context menu. If you have a Steam shortcut for the game on your computer, find it and double-click on it. Select SMITE from the list of installed games and change the game's installation directory to the one you used to install SMITE.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.