- Techquack article will help you solve the problem using simple methods.
- The Star Citizen installer error is the result of a corrupted data file in the USER folder.
- The error may be caused by a miscommunication between the game modules.
- If you use an overly protective security package that tends to quarantine files, or if you have an unexpected crash while installing the main game or update, you may find that the RSI or RSILauncher folders are corrupt.
A constant source of fun and enjoyment is a game without obstacles or difficulties, but when we encounter obstacles or problems in our game, such as the Star Citizen installer error, the same joy and pleasure can turn into pain. The thing to remember is that there are never any bugs or errors in any software or game.
Star Citizen Launcher No Play Button
For people with vision problems and seniors, this Android home screen is fast and simple.
Star Citizen Delete User Folder
When you start experiencing odd character graphical issues or crash on loading, it is strongly recommended that you delete your USER and Shader folders for the Public client after patching. Roberts Space IndustriesStarCitizenPTU is the default installation location for the USER folder. The Shader folder is located at C:Users%username%AppDataLocalStar Citizen.
Star Citizen Won T Launch
If you are experiencing crashes, try running the game from the account with administrative rights. Right-click on the game and choose “Run the game as administrator” if this doesn’t work.
You receive an error code 10002 while attempting to connect to a server in Star Citizen. The causes can vary. Some of them are:
While you are aware of Star Citizen’s minimum and recommended system requirements, you cannot download and play it at once.
It turns out that the majority of users who were experiencing the same problem have been able to fix it by accessing the game folder and deleting the USER folder from Robert’s Space Industries. Star Citizen’s Installer Error can be resolved with this operation if there are any file integrity issues.
This Techquack article will help you solve the problem using simple methods. Before we dive into this topic, we would like to enlighten and inform you a bit about this problem.
What is the cause of the Star Citizen installation error?
Star Citizen Anti Cheat Code 0
While testing, make sure to always launch the game from the official launcher. Using custom shortcuts or any other method is likely to result in errors.
Star Citizen Won’t Install
If you are on the desktop, right-click on the Star Citizen shortcut or go to the installation directory. Once you have clicked on the shortcut, you will find an option to modify the shortcut.
Damaged data in USER folder: One of the most common cases causing this problem is that some file located in Start Citizen’s USER account is corrupted. In this case, you can solve the problem by going to that location manually and deleting the contents of the USER folder.
This issue can also be caused by using an outdated launcher. Download the latest version of the RSI launcher (version 3.17.2A at the time of writing) and install or update your existing installation.
Incompatible Launcher: If you have installed the blade in more than one part, you may be using the wrong Launcher. A good rule of thumb to avoid these problems is to install everything related to Star Citizen in the same folder and always make sure you are using the latest version of the game launcher.
(Completely fresh install of Windows 10)
Damaged APPDATA folders: If you use an overly protective security package that tends to quarantine files, or if you have an unexpected crash while installing the main game or update, you may find that the RSI or RSILauncher folders are corrupt. To solve this problem, you must manually navigate to their location and delete both folders.
Game files are scattered in different folders: If your installed games are scattered in different folders, the error may be caused by a miscommunication between the game modules. In this case, you can solve the problem by uninstalling everything and then reinstalling everything conventionally in the same folder.
Star Citizen Windows 11
The best option for the time being seems to be Windows 10. In addition to saying Star Citizen will be compatible with Windows 11, RSI said it will need to perform exhaustive troubleshooting and compatibility testing in order for the game to run smoothly.
Logical Error on SSD: If you are using a dedicated SSD to store your games and your previous installation of Star Citizen failed, you may have a residual logical error that prevents you from completing the new installation. In this case, your only option is to format your current SSD and start the installation from the beginning.
How to resolve the Star Citizen installer error on your Windows 10 PC?
Where To Download Star Citizen
In the D drive, there is an 8GB free space and Star Citizen (and RSIlauncher) are in their own files.
Star Citizen Not Responding
Hi, I just bought the game a week ago and played it once, but I am having trouble getting into it. I have 16GB of RAM, a 2060 super, and updated drivers, but I still can’t launch the game despite downloading it on an SSD. I don’t know why. I’ve redownloaded the game three times, but no luck.
C:/Users/…/AppData/Local/Star Citizen/Crashes/error.dmp (md5=92b7df6c31d96cfaa3c48276f0ac0d) saved.
For any questions or suggestions, please use the comment box below. Hope this post helps you on How to fix Star Citizen installer error Windows 11.
Navigate to the installation location of Star Citizen. Find the USER folder within …/StarCitizen/Live/ folder. Find the USER folder and delete it completely. Restart the installation to see if you still see the Installer Error. The problem is now solved, and the USER folder contained corrupted data.
Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus program
You may be experiencing difficulties connecting to your game server when you use your firewall or antivirus software.
However, firewalls and antivirus programs can sometimes be overprotective and interfere with some of the normal functions of installed programs. While they can help protect your computer from viruses and malicious attacks, they can also cause problems with other programs.
In order to prevent Star Citizen Launcher from detecting firewalls and antivirus applications, make sure to disable them when you open the launcher. This also applies to Windows Defender’s firewall and antivirus functionality.
A firewall that is part of Windows Defender:
- The Control Panel can be accessed by pressing Windows + S and typing Control Panel.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall in the left pane of System and Security – > Windows Defender Firewall.
- The private and public network firewalls of Windows Defender can be disabled by selecting this option.
A good antivirus program is Windows Defender:
- The settings can be accessed by pressing Windows + I.
- You can find this option in the right pane of Update and Security – > Windows Security.
- To manage settings for virus and threat protection, click Virus and threat protection.
- To disable Real-time Protection, uncheck the box.
Run the launcher as administrator
In the case of Star Citizen errors, try running the launcher as administrator if you don’t have administrator privileges. Not all of the game’s requirements will be met if admin privileges aren’t granted.
- Choosing Run as administrator from the right-click menu will let you launch the launcher.
- Select Properties from the menu when right-clicking the launcher in order to open it as an administrator.
- The Compatibility tab should be checked to run this program as administrator. Click Apply/OK if the changes are successful.
Removing Incorrect RSI Entries
This problem is caused by inaccurate entries in the RSI server. In order to resolve this, you should delete incorrect RSI records.
- The File Explorer can be opened by pressing Windows + E.
- To locate the RSI server entries in your Windows installation, navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc.
- Make sure the filename extensions are enabled in the View tab.
- Save the changes by right-clicking the hosts file and selecting Rename. Add the suffix .old to the end.
- The error will be ignored by Windows, and a new file will be created with no incorrect entries.
- In order to test whether the error code has been fixed, you can run Star Citizen again.
Using the new launcher
- Type %appdata% into the Run window by pressing Windows + R.
- Deleting the rsilauncher folder in Roaming is necessary.
- %localappdata% is the path to your local applications. Click OK to open it.
- Deleting StarCitizen from Local is a good idea.
- The Roberts Space Industries folder should be deleted from the installation path of the game.
- Download the new launcher from the official site and install it properly.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.