- When you minimize the Telegram app on your phone, it stops downloading the file in the background.
- The most common cause of this problem is your phone’s battery-saving mode.
- If you’re trying to download a video from Telegram, your device must be connected to a good Internet connection.
- If that doesn’t work, you can set the default network settings in Telegram.
- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer to find problems.
- The tool will then correct the issues that were discovered.
If you have downloaded videos from the Telegram app and are experiencing problems with the download, you may want to switch to another messaging app. Telegram is a popular messaging application used primarily to download movies, episodes of web series, and other videos.
It happens that Telegram stops downloading files in the background when you minimize the app. Many users face this issue; in this tutorial, we will learn how to resolve it.
What causes a file download to fail to complete in Telegram
You can find out why the Telegram app stops downloading the file when you minimize it by looking at your battery-saving mode on your phone. When battery-saving mode is active, it prevents apps from running in the background.
A good connection is crucial if you want to download a video from Telegram. It won’t let you download anything if it isn’t working.
It is important to ensure that your network responds appropriately when sending files here, as there are no restrictions. If this does not work, you can set Telegram’s default network settings. Simply click the “Connection settings: Default (Use TCP)” box in the application’s settings.
It is likely that Telegram will be blocked by your local network provider. In that case, you will not be able to resolve the problem “Download file failed” in Telegram. In case this portal is blocked by your ISP, you can connect your device to a VPN and download stuff from it, or ask your ISP if it is blocked.
What should I do if a file download fails to complete in Telegram?
Updated: June 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Make sure your connection settings are set to default
Our first suggestion is a quick solution that has been confirmed by most Telegram users in your position.
- Scroll down in settings.
- The default connection settings (Use TCP) can be found by clicking “Connection settings: Default”.
- Make no modifications to the file and click OK to continue downloading.
Make sure your hard drive is not full
Make sure your SD card or internal storage isn’t full while fixing bugs on Android; you may not even realize it’s a telegram.
Contact your Internet Service Provider
It is understandable that you are frustrated with downloading this file. In some cases, users have experienced the same problem after switching ISPs, but later discovered that it was the Internet. Some IP addresses are blocked by your ISP. Please contact your ISP for more information.
Turn off the power-saving mode on your phone
In your Android phone, you can exclude the Telegram app from the battery optimization mode by swiping down from the top of the screen and selecting “Battery Optimization”.
- Navigate to Settings – Apps – Telegram on your Android phone.
- You can optimize battery usage now by clicking on the “Battery” option.
- Your next step will be to select an app from the list.
- Locate the Telegram application in the list of apps by selecting the “Show all apps” checkbox.
- You can exclude Telegram’s battery optimization if you uncheck the box.
You won’t be able to stop the Telegram file download after that.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are some files not downloaded in Telegram?
Another reason may be that Telegram's cache settings are set so that files do not take too long to save. Or, if it's a song and it was automatically played in the app, the cache file may have been deleted later.
How do I find unfinished downloads in Telegram?
- Just go to ANDROID÷DATA÷org.telegram.messenger.
- Now when you get to the right place, look for the temporary file of the downloaded file that you can't find by its name, for example, if you downloaded 50 MB, the temporary file is 50 MB in size.
How do I find a downloaded Telegram movie if the download is over and the file is missing?
- In Telegram, a video or any other file disappears from the chat only in two cases,
- Your downloaded file is saved in the file manager.
- Open the file manager, android/data/org.telegram.messenger/cache (or ).
- Open the file manager, telegram folder.
- Open Telegram, go to settings, and see where the file is downloaded.
How to increase the download speed of Telegram?
- Open Telegram and search for Getpubliclinkbot.
- Just click the "Start" button.
- Send the file you want to download faster.
- Click the Save to G-Drive/Dropbox button.
- Select the Save to Google Drive option.
- Your file will now be available in your Google Drive.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.