- Error code 0x887a0005 on Windows PC usually occurs when you are trying to export a video using the Photos app.
- The error is indicated by the following message: There was a problem with your video drivers and we were unable to export your video.
- If the Microsoft Store cache is corrupt, it causes problems when using Microsoft Photos.
- So deleting the cache can help solve the problem.
- Some Windows components may have been corrupted or internal failures may have occurred.
Call Of Duty: Vanguard Errors
As of its release, Call of Duty: Vanguard has been plagued by the error 0x887A0005. During campaign and zombie modes, Error 0x887A0005 causes the game to crash. It displays the error message “This application has unexpectedly stopped working” when the crash occurs.
The Windows 10 photo error code 0x887A0005 can also be generated if your graphics drivers are outdated or corrupted.
When users try to play or export videos in Photos app, they get the error code 0x887a0005. Although the error isn’t new to Photos app, some users have been reporting it as well in Windows 10. The error code 0x887a0005 has been reported in forums for years.
Windows 10 Home 1903 Graphics Driver AMD Radeon R9 Fury X 19.9.2 WHQL Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30GHz 16GB RAM
Using Photos, users can create and export videos in Windows 10.
If you are having problems exporting a video from the Photos app on Windows PC, you might receive error code 0x887a0005.
Your video export drivers need to be updated. Your video couldn’t be exported due to a problem with your drivers.
Call Of Duty: Vanguard Battle Net Code
Strategically snuff out each opponent daring to stand in your way as the ricochet of bullets deafens you to the overwhelming roar of the battlefield and the cries of your comrades in the newest Call of Duty game! Developed by Activision and Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: Vanguard presents the most influential battles of World War 2 – immerse yourself into visceral warfare on an unprecedented global scale. From defending Stalingrad to fighting over the Pacific, the franchise returns with gripping narrative-driven experiences that let players witness how history was forever changed. Buy Call of Duty: Vanguard Battle.net key and become the vanguard of the changing face of war!
Vanguard Unexpectedly Stopped Working
The connection to the server may be blocked by your antivirus or Windows Firewall. To troubleshoot any issues with security applications, disable them. You will need to whitelist the game in your antivirus or Windows Defender and Firewall if it launches after disabling the applications.
What causes error 0x887a0005 in Windows 10?
- Damaged Microsoft cache: If the Microsoft Store cache is corrupt, it causes problems when using Microsoft Photos. So deleting the cache can help solve the problem.
- Damaged Drivers: One of the main causes of error code 0x887A0005 is a non-functioning, outdated, or damaged graphics driver. Update the graphics drivers to resolve the problem.
- Damaged system files: Some Windows components may have been corrupted or internal failures may have occurred. Therefore, built-in troubleshooters or resetting the Photos application may solve the problem.
- Hardware acceleration settings: Using hardware-accelerated encoding settings causes problems for many users. So you can remove the settings and see if it works for you.
How to fix error 0x887a0005 in Windows 10?
Drivers for video cards should be updated
- Click on Open when the search bar appears and type Device Manager.
- Display adapters can be found and expanded in the Device Manager window.
- Select Update Drivers from the right-click menu of the adapters under Display Adapters.
Reinstall the Photos app
- CMD can be run with administrator privileges by typing it into the search box and clicking Run as administrator.
- You can execute the command below within the Command Prompt window by typing it and pressing Enter.
- Remove -appxpackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos
- The reinstall of Photos will now take place after you have run the command.
Resetting the Photos application
- You can open the Apps & Features window by typing Apps & Features into the search bar and clicking Open.
- You can find Microsoft Photos by clicking on it in the window that opens.
- The next window will show Advanced Options. Click Reset.
- The confirmation prompt will appear once again. Tap Reset once more.
- You can check if the problem has been resolved after restarting your computer after the process has been completed.
Running the Windows troubleshooter
- You can access Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I.
- In the next window, select Troubleshooting from the Update and Security menu.
- From the list of applications, select Windows Store Apps.
- When the troubleshooter is finished analyzing your system, click Run Troubleshooter.
- A troubleshooter will attempt to resolve any issues that are found.
- Continuing is as simple as following the screen instructions.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
It indicates a hardware error, in your case probably a video card/video device error.
- Update the drivers of your computer's video card.
- Follow the troubleshooting procedure.
- Reset Photos.
- Reinstall Photos.
- Update Windows 10.
- Disable hardware video encoding acceleration in Photos.
- Remove MS Store cache.
If the Microsoft Store cache is corrupt, it causes problems when using Microsoft Photos. One of the main causes of error code 0x887A0005 is also faulty, outdated, or corrupt graphics drivers.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.