- Microsoft Office is a comprehensive utility that you use in your daily life to make your work easier.
- Microsoft Office includes MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Publisher, MS Access, OneNote, Visio, OneDrive and Skype.
- Error code 30088-26 is an error message that explains the cause of the problem that occurs when you try to install Microsoft Office.
- To remove the error message in Microsoft Office, you need to perform them first.
A comprehensive tool like Microsoft Office makes your work easier every day. Microsoft Office consists of a range of small applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, OneNote, Visio, OneDrive, and Skype, all of which are included in Microsoft Office. Before you can use these applications, you must have Microsoft Office installed on your PC.
Error code 30088-26 is an error message that explains the cause of the problem that occurs when you try to install Microsoft Office. A pop-up window appears on your computer screen with an error message that tries to explain the cause. Sometimes error code 30088-26 can also appear when you try to update Office applications or uninstall Office from your computer.
In this techquack article, we have listed solutions to fix error code 30088-26. To remove the error message in Microsoft Office, you need to perform them first.
What is the cause of “error code 30088-26” in Microsoft Office?
Corrupt installation remnants: There are situations when a previous Office installation interferes with the installation of a pending update for the same Office program.
Outdated Windows 10: It turns out that this particular error can also occur due to the lack of an infrastructure update that Office needs.
Damaged Office installation: If this problem occurs when you try to install an update for a single Office application, you may be dealing with a corruption issue rooted in the registry files.
How to fix “error code 30088-26” in Microsoft Office?
Restore the Office installation
- Click on the Start button and type appwiz.CPL into the Run window to open the Programs and Features window.
- The Microsoft Office Suite or Microsoft 365 installation can be found in the Programs and Features window.
- The context menu can be accessed by right-clicking the file and selecting Edit.
- You can continue to the next step if UAC requests your permission.
- While this process is being carried out, make sure to connect to the Internet and select Repair Online.
- You can repair online problems by selecting Repair from the dialog box Ready to Start Online Repair.
- Check if the problem has been resolved by rebooting the system after the repair has been completed.
Updating MS Office to the latest version
- You will find an Account button when you open MS Word.
- Update Now can be selected from the Update Options menu.
- The upgrade process is outlined on the screen.
- There are no longer any errors during the installation of updates for Microsoft Office.
Install any pending Windows updates
- The Run dialog box will appear when you press Windows + R.
- The Settings application can be opened by typing ms-settings:windowsupdate.
- Updates can be found under Windows Update.
- Update Windows to the latest version (including cumulative and security updates).
- Attempt to update MS Office and reboot the computer after every pending update.
Reinstalling MS Office
- Using Windows + I, open the application settings, and select Apps.
- You can find Microsoft 365 under Apps and Features.
- Then click Uninstall.
- Uninstall the program after you receive a confirmation message.
- Open a web browser and log into your Microsoft online account.
- The installer can be downloaded from the upper right corner by clicking Install Office.
- Start Microsoft Office installation automatically by double-clicking the downloaded file.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Open Windows 10 preferences.
- Click on Applications.
- Click on Applications and features.
- Under Applications and features, select Microsoft Office 365.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the online restore option to fix error 30088-26.
- Click the Repair button.
- Go to office.com/setup and sign in with an existing Microsoft account or create a new account.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to complete tying your Microsoft account to this version of Office.
- Click Start, then Control Panel.
- Double-click Programs and Features.
- Click Microsoft office 365, then click Edit.
- Select Quick Fix, then click Repair.
- You may need to restart your computer after the repair process is complete.
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall Program.
- Find and select the version of Microsoft Office on your computer. Click Edit in the top pane.
- Select Quick Fix -> Restore.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.