- Updated November 2022: This tool will stop these errors and fix common problems: Get it at this link.
- It will scan your computer to find problems and correct the issues that were discovered.
- The tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance.
- We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error.
Mic Keeps Cutting Out Discord
Discord’s echo cancellation feature is good for keeping voices clean if your hardware is low quality, or if you run into any issues. If your friends are hearing too much echo, you can turn it on.
For Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android, download the latest version of Discord.
It is free to update your partner Discord server with Nitro. To receive Discord Nitro free of charge, you will need to join the Discord Partners program. It is not an easy process and requires that both you and your server meet certain requirements. To join the Discord partner program, follow the steps below.
The Discord Overlay, Audio, Microphone, and other essential features of Discord suddenly stop working after entering a game, according to discord users.
Here are the top four solutions to a discord mic not working
Players can collaborate in real-time with Discord, so they can enjoy the game better. The audio in Discord keeps cutting out in the game or during voice calls, but getting it to work properly might not be as easy as it sounds: here are some fixes that worked for people who encountered the same problem.
Discord is a VoIP application that is very popular among players in the gaming community. On Windows 10 PCs, it allows users playing games to interact with teammates through voice and video messages or text messages, creating a lively and interactive gaming experience. While Discord is a stable platform, there are times when certain issues can arise, which we’ll look at today.
What causes “Discord not working in the game”?
- Lack of microphone permission: If Discord doesn’t have permission to access your microphone, you may have some problems.
- Lack of administrative rights: If you are using UAC, it is likely that Discord does not have administrative rights.
- Outdated drivers: Sometimes outdated sound drivers can cause this problem.
How to solve the “Discord no longer works in game” problem?
As some friends wanted to play Wildlands, I was gifted it. My microphone cut in and out right after the game launched, even after relaunching the game, redownloading Discord, and changing mic settings. I have never experienced this before in Discord.
If you’re having trouble with Discord, try restarting it. You’ll be surprised at how often this simple step fixes the issue. If this step doesn’t work, move on to the next step. Close your screen and make sure you’ve shut the application completely. If this doesn’t work, check your hidden icons to make sure you’ve not just minimized the Discord app.
Turn off Discord overlay
- Open Discord.
- The settings button can be found by clicking the cogwheel.
- You can turn on or off the Game Overlay feature in the ACTIVITY SETTINGS.
- If you are using in-game overlays, then disable that option.
- Your computer will then need to be restarted.
Check the Discord sound settings
- Open Discord.
- By clicking the gear button, you will be able to go to the settings.
- Go to the left side and select Voice and Video.
- To make sure each device is set properly, check the inputs and outputs.
- The volume should also be checked.
- Once the computer has rebooted, shut it down.
Start Discord as an administrator
- Discord is a shortcut that can be right-clicked.
- Right-click the property.
- On the tab Compatibility, click on the check box.
- If this program should be run as an administrator, select it.
- You must click Apply – OK to complete the process.
Give Discord permission to access the microphone
- Press Win + I to open the settings.
- Click on Privacy.
- Choose Microphone from the menu.
- You need to turn on the switch for Discord after turning on the option to allow apps access to your microphone.
- Your computer should now be restarted.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Discord doesn't recognize the game, let alone work with it, you can try restarting both apps. Close all instances of Discord and the game app on your device and restart both apps. Discord should now recognize the game app and work with the game.
Before you open the game, go to Discord and click on user settings. This is the little gear icon at the bottom of the window, next to your username. In the application settings, click on the Overlay option. Enable in-game overlay by clicking on the slider.
- Open Discord and go to the user settings.
- Select Game Activity from the left menu.
- Add a game or program manually from the menu that appears.
- Activate the game status.
Discord Microphone Cutting Out
If you are having trouble with audio cutting out on Discord, one way to fix it is to run in as an Admin. The problem may be caused by a lack of permissions or a restriction on access.
Discord Mic Test Cutting Out
If you weren’t sure if you should use the built-in solutions for Android, iPhone, or Mac, use them now.
Many users have reported success with disabling Discord overlay if Discord will not work in game.
If you find any unwanted software in your system tray, you should close it. Please make sure that your antivirus is running in a game mode (if it is available). Make sure you exit your game and close Discord. Click on every application on your taskbar and make sure that you close it. Make sure you close out all windows.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.