- Sea of Thieves is an action-adventure game released by Xbox Game Studios and developed by Rare.
- Players take on the role of a pirate to complete the journeys of various trading companies and eventually become a pirate legend.
- But many users report that there are still problems with the game.
- So, how can you solve this problem if you’re experiencing it too? Some simple and effective solutions are presented below.
Sea Of Thieves Voice Chat Not Working
Having a corrupt or outdated sound driver may cause voice chat to stop working in Sea of Thieves, as well as disabling mic/chat access in Windows Xbox privacy settings.
An outdated or faulty audio driver could cause Sea of Thieves voice chat not to function properly. It may also be because your Xbox security settings have disabled the microphone or chat permission.
Xbox Game Studios and Rare released Sea of Thieves, an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of pirates in order to achieve legend status as pirates.
Many users have expressed concern about Sea of Thieves since it was released, and we will now discuss another problem with the game, the microphone problem, which does not work in Sea of Thieves. It has gained a lot of popularity since its release. In this multiplayer game, players are able to speak to each other and say goodbye, swap, play PvP, etc. However, voice chat cannot be used when there is a problem.
There seems to be a problem with voice chat inside Sea of Thieves for many, many others that I have seen online. People have reported being unable to hear others while in voice chat. For some reason, Sea of Thieves won’t let you hear your voice when you use any other voice chat program (Discord, Skype, etc.).
This game does not support the microphone, unlike Steam or Discord, where some users can use the microphone in other games. In order to play without voice chat or a microphone, it is no fun. Here are some simple and effective solutions if you are experiencing the same thing.
Why doesn’t the microphone work in Sea of Thieves voice chat?
- You can keep your device and data safe with the help of your antivirus and firewall. However, these applications have been known to cause problems in the online gaming environment. If you are having trouble with voice chat, you may be experiencing a third-party antivirus or firewall problem. You can try disabling your antivirus or firewall temporarily to investigate.
- In order to remain up-to-date with technological advances and improve system performance, drivers are constantly being updated.
- This error may be caused by out-of-date system drivers, especially the audio driver. It is recommended to update your system drivers under these conditions in order to resolve the issue.
To repair a voicemail microphone that is not working in a sea of thieves
Sea Of Thieves Mic Not Working
After selecting the “Microphone” option from the left-hand side of the window, players will need to turn the toggle to On under “Let apps use my microphone.” Players then need to enable it for Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha by finding it among the apps and turning it on.
Perform basic troubleshooting
Troubleshooting connectivity and hardware issues should be your first step if Sea of Thieves voice chat no longer works.
- You can update your headset settings by reconnecting and disconnecting it.
- Headphones that don’t work with a specific input jack should be replaced. Some players report that their headphones don’t work with certain input jacks.
- If your headset doesn’t work, please try plugging it into another PC.
The following solutions may be helpful if the above steps don’t solve your problem.
Set the microphone as the default device
Your computer’s sound settings may be distorted after a system update, and your headset will not work without adjusting the settings manually.
- When the Run command appears on the keyboard, click the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. Type “control” and click OK.
- “View Through” should be selected and “Sound” should be selected.
- Select Set as Default under the Play tab.
- Select “Disable” from the “right-click menu” on headphones you aren’t using.
- Turn off all other microphones except the one you are using on the Record tab by clicking the Record tab.
- By selecting the primary microphone, you can set it as the default.
- The changes will be applied once you click OK.
You can try the third option if the sound does not work after everything is correctly configured.
Allowing Microphone Access
Your microphone will not work if you don’t grant it authorization. You can activate the authorization by following these steps:
- You can find the Microphone Privacy Preferences view by entering Microphone Privacy in the search bar of Windows and clicking it.
- In the Edit menu, select Microphone access from the list of options, followed by Allow apps to access the mic.
- On the Xbox and Sea of Thieves game pages, scroll down to activate the button.
Ensure your audio driver is updated if Sea of Thieves still doesn’t work with voice chat.
Update your audio driver
It is possible for gaming problems to occur if the device drivers are outdated or faulty. You should update your drivers as soon as possible if you do not remember the last time you did it, as it can keep your audio devices in great condition and may help you resolve Sea of Thieves’ voice chat issue.
To manually install the driver, download it and follow the instructions
Directly visit the website of the helmet manufacturer if you know your hardware.
Sea Of Thieves Microphone Not Working
The mic settings can be reset by opening the sound settings tab, clicking on advanced options, and then selecting resetting to default. I was successful resetting to default.
The voice chat in Sea of Thieves does not work on my PC after getting a game pass. When I try to talk, it doesn’t even say I have a microphone connected, and I’ve tried the entire microphone privacy settings. Everything I do does not work. I would appreciate some help!
Following the instructions on the screen will guide you through the installation of the driver once you have downloaded the appropriate drivers for your system.
Reboot the Windows audio service
Windows audio problems can be fixed by restarting the audio services if they are not working properly. Here’s how you do it:
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows logo + R simultaneously and typing services. MSC in the box.
- Select Restart from the right-click menu when you are in Windows Audio.
- To apply the changes, restart your computer.
Check the sound settings in your game
The game settings must be set to voice chat if your computer’s sound settings are all set right. Follow these steps to see if you’re able to use voice chat:
- Click on My Crew by pressing the Escape key on your keyboard.
- The other teams’ voices should not be muted in the window on the right.
- The Settings menu will appear once you exit the window.
- Select Audio Settings from the left-hand side. Next, make sure Push To Talk is enabled and the chat output for the team is set to the correct device.
Check the party chat settings
Following these instructions will enable voice chat in Sea Thief for you if you have set up Xbox Party Chat.
- You can login to your account by visiting account.xbox.com.
- The Xbox Settings menu can be accessed by clicking your username in the upper right corner.
- To access privacy and internet security, select the tab.
- In the You Can section, select the Allow checkbox next to Your communication can be done using voice and text outside of Xbox Live.
- If you would like others to be able to communicate via voice, text, or invitation, select All in the Others Can section.
- Go to Xbox app. Click on your avatar, then settings.
- The left pane will show you the Audio options. Choose Audio. Make sure you have selected your gaming headset as an input/output device.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
To solve this problem, try the following solutions: Disconnect and reconnect your headset/Kinect. Make sure your microphone is not muted. Check if a "sea of thieves" can access your microphone (Settings > Account -> Online Privacy and Security -> App Privacy -> Microphone).
- First of all, make sure that your microphone or headset is connected.
- If your microphone or headset has a mute switch, make sure it is not turned off.
- Check your Windows sound settings to make sure that the microphone is not muted and that the microphone you want to use is set as the default recording device.
- First of all, you need to make sure that your privacy settings are set so that Sea of Thieves can access your microphone.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to your settings and look for Privacy.
- In the sidebar, click Microphone and turn on the option that allows apps to use my microphone.
- You can now activate microphone access for Sea of Thieves.
To use in-game voice chat, the default is to use the left key, and for those using the joystick, it should automatically detect your voice.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.