- The game Cyberpunk 2077 has been out for a long time, and players are still struggling with crashes.
- The game needs tweaking because of a lot of optimization issues.
- D Projekt Red, the game developer, has been working on fixing the bugs and has been releasing patches since the release.
- For older computers, the main reason for crashes is incompatibility or insufficient processing power.
There have reportedly been several reports of the basic gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 being affected. Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of optimization problems that need to be fixed.
Cyberpunk 2077 Crash Pc
Several Cyberpunk 2077 installations on PC have crashed due to Patch 1.5. CD Projekt Red is looking into the possibility of increasing the FPS cap on Xbox Series S as well, even though they worked fine before Patch 1.5. Among other requests, CD Projekt Red is investigating the possibility of incompatible audio drivers being the cause.
You can follow the troubleshooting steps below if your game crashes regardless of whether you meet the minimum requirements for your computer:
Let’s take a closer look at the game of Cyberpunk 2077 to find out why it crashes at launch. This may be a problem with your PC.
What causes Cyberpunk 2077 to crash at startup?
Faulty GPU drivers: Drivers, especially graphics card drivers, need to be updated regularly to minimize bugs and gameplay problems. This is why companies such as AMD, NVIDIA, and Intel regularly release updates for their graphics cards. By default, your system should automatically check for driver updates, but you can also check them manually, especially if you want to play new games.
Division 2 Crashing could be caused by a few factors. Some of the most common reasons are:
Random game or system errors: Recently released games have bugs, glitches, and random errors. If the error message “Cyberpunk 2077 has given up the ghost” has no specific cause, it’s probably an accidental bug. CD Projekt Red, the game developer, has been working on fixing the bugs and has been releasing patches since the release of Cyberpunk 2077. Please be sure to install game updates as soon as they become available.
Damaged game files: for some, the main cause of crashes in Cyberpunk 2077 is a corrupted game file. You can check or update the game files or check the integrity of local files to see if this is the cause of your problem. The
In this article, we will discuss a few tips you can use to resolve the cyberpunk 2077 crash on startup. However, you may also experience the problem with the game crashing even before you launch it. Let’s learn more about the problem and how to fix it.
PC does not meet the minimum system requirements: For older computers, the main reason for the “Cyberpunk 2077 crashed” error message is incompatibility or insufficient processing power. The game can be very demanding for less powerful computers, especially if the graphics settings are too high. You should make sure that your computer is capable of running the game without serious performance issues.
Overlay Error: Some PC gamers may encounter the “Cyberpunk 2077 has zero line” error message due to overlay features in the game launcher or when working with a specific program, such as Discord or NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
How to repair the Cyberpunk 2077 startup glitch?
Cyberpunk 2077 Crashes Pc
Verify integrity of the game files as described here
4. If you have any applications that are using overlay features, e.g Discord, Ubisoft Connect, Galaxy etc. disable their overlays or completely disable these applications.
5. Disable all unnecessary apps before launching the game. Including hardware monitoring and antivirus/anti-malware programs.
6. Make sure you did not change the clock rate of your GPU and CPU. Any kind of overclocking or underclocking may result in flatline crashes and inadvertently cause permanent damage to your hardware.
Here’s how you can disable the GOG Overlay to resolve the Cyberpunk 2077 crashes:
The CD Project RED offers these possible solutions in case you are still having problems:
In the same way that Windows drivers need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled, you will also need to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. You can download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft support site.
Checking the integrity of the game files
If your game crashes, you should check the game files. If missing or corrupted files are found, follow the steps to fix them.
- The “Library” tab can be found in the Steam client.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu of Cyberpunk 2077.
- Check Integrity of Game Files can be found under the Local Files tab.
- Check if it is still not working by restarting Cyberpunk 2077.
This is the epic games launcher:
- The Library tab will appear when you launch Epic Games Launcher.
- To access Cyberpunk 2077, click the 3 dots adjacent to the icons, then click Browse.
- You can now test the game after the process has been completed.
- Select Cyberpunk 2077 from the Library section of GOG Galaxy.
- Go to Settings – > Manage installation – > Test/Restore. Once you’ve clicked on it, click on it.
- Play the game normally after the process has finished.
Close unnecessary programs
Before you start Cyberpunk 2077, close all unnecessary programs from the background. This will prevent the game from using too many system resources.
- Using the right click menu, select the Task Manager from the taskbar.
- If you need to close multiple applications at once, right-click them and select End Task from the menu.
- You can try it out by launching the game.
Disabling in-game overlay
If you play Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG, you may experience crashes when using the game overlay. Disabling this will reduce the number of crashes.
- The Library tab will appear once you launch GOG Galaxy.
- Go to the bottom left corner of the screen and click the gear icon.
- To turn off the In-Game Overlay, uncheck the box in the pop-up window and click OK.
The Steam overlay in-game setting can also be disabled if you play the game on Steam. Right-click Cyberpunk 2077 in the list of games and select Properties.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Select settings and go to the game function panel in the upper left corner of the screen. Then uncheck the empty box immediately after the overlay option. Now save the settings and restart Cyberpunk 2077. That's it.
For some, the main reason for Cyberpunk 2077 crashing problems is a faulty game file. You can check or update the game files or check the integrity of your local files to see if this is the cause of your problem.
- Update the graphics driver.
- Check the integrity of the game's files.
- Disable in-game overlay.
- Stop overclocking.
- Close unnecessary programs.
- Adjust game settings.
- Reinstall Cyberpunk 2077.
- Restart your computer.
- Turn off background programs.
- Update the video card drivers.
- Turn on debugging mode.
- Use the hex editor to solve the problem.
- Disable Steam overlay.
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Check the integrity of the game files.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.