- Many Vudu users may have encountered a similar problem with the online video rental service.
- The problem may be caused by closed ports and antivirus software.
- Turn off the Windows Defender firewall before you run the VUDu application.
- If the application works without errors, you may need to add it to your whitelist list.
- If you are using a modem with a separate WiFi router, be sure to reset the WiFi router as well.
The Vudu service is an online rental, purchase, and watching service for movies, TV shows, and digital discs. If you’ve been here before, you’re probably one of them. The Vudu error 28 error is however being reported by many smart TV, Roku, PS4, etc. Vudu customers.
The connection failure has kept them away from these services. If you are looking for a solution or troubleshooting for Vudu error code 28, this Techquack guide will help you. Here we would like to show you the possible solutions to fix Vudu error 28.
You should first reset your modem and WiFi router to eliminate any IP address-related issues. Please see the list below for more information about how to reset your modem.
What is the cause of the Vudu error 28?
There is evidently something amiss between VUDU and the internet connection if error code 28 indicates the operation timed out. Therefore, it is a good idea to reset the modem and WiFi router for troubleshooting.
Closed Port: All applications and software need ports to communicate with the Internet, and these ports can sometimes overlap, so that the application cannot access the Internet. In some cases, the ports may be disabled by the firewall and the Internet Service Provider may not allow access to these ports.
This error code is caused by closed ports on your device. To fix it, follow the steps below to open ports.
Antivirus: In some cases, antivirus software may also prevent an application from accessing the Internet. Antivirus programs can often prevent an application from accessing the Internet because they can classify it as suspicious. These types of false positives are quite common in both Windows and third-party antivirus programs. Therefore, it is recommended to temporarily disable the antivirus program.
Double NAT Configuration: Also keep in mind that most applications may not work with Double NAT IP configuration and if your router is configured with Double NAT, you will need to contact your ISP to change this.
When you receive this error code 28, it typically indicates that your internet connection is being blocked by your antivirus or firewall. Following the steps in this article can help you resolve the error and allow you to watch your favorites on Vudu again.
How do I fix the “error code 28” on Vudu?
Vudu On Ps4
During the PlayStation Store launch event, VUDU 2.0 was unveiled with a new UI, VUDU 2.0, and it will automatically refresh on your PS3 when it launches next month. Once downloaded, it will appear under the video icon in your XMB once downloaded. Also, you can navigate VUDU 2.0 using motion control with the PlayStation Move, which is available for free download.
Turn off the firewall
- Go to Settings by clicking Start.
- Then click Security and Updates.
- In the Security section, click Windows.
- Protect your network with an open firewall.
- Select a network that is currently active,
- Activate the Windows Firewall switch by scrolling down and switching it off.
- The Settings window should be closed.
- In addition to disabling your firewall, you should also disable third-party antivirus software.
- Take a look at the improvements in Vudu.
- Adding an application to your whitelist may be necessary if it works without errors.
Exceptions should be added for Vudu
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R.
- Click OK after typing Control.
- On the left, click Security and System.
- You need to click Windows Defender Firewall to enable it.
- The Windows Defender firewall can be enabled by clicking Allow an application or feature in the left pane.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges before clicking Change Settings.
- You can allow another application by scrolling down and clicking it.
- By clicking Browse, you can add an application to the list.
- Choose the Vudu.exe file from the install directory of Vudu.
- Then click Add after clicking Open.
- Ensure that the Public and Private check boxes are checked once the item has been added.
- Your changes will be saved when you click OK.
- It is now time to close the control panel.
In order to make sure you can use the Vudu application without errors, make sure you have enabled the Windows Defender firewall before you start it.
Reset your Internet modem
- The modem should be unplugged from the electrical outlet as well as from its power cord.
- It is also a good idea to remove the batteries from your modem if it has them.
- Let the modem sit for a minute without using it.
- Plug the power cord in and replace any batteries.
- If the modem lights are on after connecting power, the reset process is complete.
- Make sure Vudu works without any problems on the connected device and connect to the Internet.
- Reset both the modem and any separate wireless router you use if you have one.
- Go to Settings by clicking Start.
- Go to Apps.
- Find Vudu under Installed Apps.
- Click Uninstall on Vudu.
- If you are sure that you want to proceed, click Yes.
- Microsoft Store application download and installation.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Roku Vudu 28 error code occurs in Vudu service when the network connection is blocked. It can also occur due to misconfigured system files, which can cause problems with the registry in your operating system. A registry error occurs when new applications are launched without properly removing old ones.
Code 28 errors are usually caused by a lack of drivers for a device, where the error appears in the device manager. Updating the device drivers almost always solves the problem. If that doesn't work, it is likely that the hardware has a physical problem and needs to be replaced.
You can watch Vudu on smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles (Xbox One/S/X, PlayStation 3 and 4), streaming devices (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc.), Nvidia screen, Android and iOS devices, Windows 10 devices, etc.
In computer programming, a return code or error code is a numeric or alphanumeric code used to determine the nature of the error and the cause of the error.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.