- Microsoft Outlook is one of the most widely used email applications.
- It is typically used by Windows users but can run on both Windows and MAC.
- Any application running on the Windows platform will occasionally generate errors.
- Error 0x80070002 is a Windows error, but it also occurs in Outlook.
- The main problem of this Outlook error is that the file structure is corrupt or the directory where this email client wanted to create personal storage table files or PST files is not available.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most commonly used e-mail application which integrates excellently with a number of Microsoft built applications, it is mostly used by Windows users BUT can run on both Windows and MACs. Outlook latest version at the time of writing this article is Outlook 2016. Any application running on a Windows platform is bound to produce error at times. Error 0x80070002 is a windows error but also appears on Outlook. The most common reason for this error to occur is when the file structure is corrupt or the directory where Outlook wants to create PST or any other file is inaccessible. In this guide, i won’t be addressing on how to fix the directory structure or corruption. However, we will enforce Outlook to use a different directory which is accessible.
Find out how to fix the WOL error 0x80070002 by reading this blog if you are an Outlook user experiencing the error code 0X80070002.
Among the various modules required to run an organization, Microsoft Office is a full-fledged Office suite. Outlook is one of these applications, which consists of e-mail, calendars, task managers, and contact management applications. In this way, you can stay informed about meetings and events using all of its features.
Outlook is one of the e-mail applications that is widely used nowadays. It is the only application that is compatible with Windows and MACs. Our performance of the Outlook is exceptionally well and very easy to use. While writing this blog the latest version of outlook is 2019. Everything has the shell life, and so the application running on the windows have. They tend to become corrupt or produce errors sometimes. Error 0x80070002 is one of the windows error but at times it appears on Outlook. The most common reason for the occurrence of this error is the corruption of the file structure or the corruption of the directory where the outlook creates it’s PST or some other files but not able to access it.
A popular email application, Microsoft Outlook integrates well with several Microsoft programs. As of this writing, Outlook 2016 is the latest version of Outlook. Although it is primarily used by Windows users, it can run on MAC and Windows. Windows errors will occasionally occur in Outlook, as do other Windows applications. Error 0x80070002 is an error that occurs on the Windows platform.
What causes Outlook error 0x80070002?
Verify your account so that colleagues in IT can verify your credentials.
The main problem of this Outlook error is that the file structure is corrupt or the directory where this email client wanted to create personal storage table files or PST files is not available. And sometimes, if you have already created an account in the client, you have problems sending or receiving emails.
How to repair Outlook error code 0x80070002?
- PST files should be placed in the new folder created on C: UserName.
- In the Run field, type Regedit. The registry editor will then open.
- You can find this location by following these steps:
- Then, right-click the blank space in the right pane in Outlook in the left pane.
- The new string value will be selected.
- Click OK to accept the forcePSTPath value.
- Then right-click the ForcePSTPath value, and click Edit.
- In step 1, you created a folder named Outlook PST on C: UserName. Now enter the path for the folder here – C: UserName.
- Click the “Exit” button to exit the registry editor.
- Try creating a new Outlook account again after restarting the Microsoft Outlook application.
Generally, if the Windows file structure is damaged, there is no simple fix. However, reinstalling Windows may be an option if the problem persists.
If you don’t have any problems, re-add the account in Microsoft Outlook.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check this by finding and opening the path manually and trying to open it through Windows Explorer. To fix it, we will use the registry method to change the path and force Outlook to use a different location.
Error code: 0x80070002". Windows Update Error is usually caused by a time/date problem, file or registry corruption, and it's not hard to fix. The error occurs when the system update fails, and this error causes a data matching problem. Therefore, deleting these corrupted files helps to fix the error.
- Reboot your computer.
- Launch SFC and CHKDSK.
- Windows 10 Update.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.