- If you get error code 0x87dd001e, we have solutions to help you solve your problem.
- If you receive this error when you update your system or console configuration, go to “Troubleshooting Xbox One System Updates” and follow these steps.
- We’ve analyzed this particular problem by looking at various user reports and trying various fix strategies that other affected users have successfully used to get around this error code.
You can fix error code 0x87dd001e by using our solutions.
Note: If you receive this error when you update your system or console configuration, go to “Troubleshooting Xbox One System Updates” and follow these steps.
When you try to connect to Xbox services on your Xbox One or PC, you will see the following error message:
The Xbox services aren’t working for you.
The Xbox services aren’t working for you because of this problem.
What is the cause of error 0x87dd001e?
Here’s how to reset Minecraft, Xbox app, and Microsoft Store in order to fix the 0x87DD0013 error.
As a result of reviewing multiple user reports and trying out various fix strategies used by other affected users to deal with this error code, we have been able to analyze this particular problem. This error can be caused by several scenarios. Below is a short list of those scenarios:
Server problem: This error code may be caused by a server problem that is preventing your game library from checking. This could be caused by a DDoS attack or scheduled maintenance. In this case, you can avoid the problem entirely by switching the console mode to offline.
Network status failure: This problem can occur when your network status is locked in a suspended state (neither online nor offline). If this scenario applies, you may be able to resolve the problem by removing another MAC address.
The Deluxe Edition of a game (for example, Call of Duty) may not be a backwards compatible version, even if the game is in the list of backwards compatible versions.
Corrupted temp folder: Judging from various user reports, this particular problem may also be caused by one or more corrupted files that are stuck in your console’s temp folder. In this case, the easiest way to do it is to turn off the console to empty the temp files and discharge the power capacitors, which will solve the problem in most cases.
Firmware problem: Under certain conditions, this particular problem can also occur due to a firmware error or an operating system file that has been corrupted and is interfering with the library check process. In such situations, the only viable solution that does not result in loss of data is to perform a factory reset.
You will find below some solutions that have been validated by other users who have fallen victim to the same error message. If you are currently encountering the same issue and are looking for a solution, this article will help.
You should follow the instructions below in the same order (by efficiency and severity) as we have classified them below if you want to be as efficient as possible. In addition, it is important that you come up with a solution that resolves the issue, regardless of the error code that caused it.
What to do if error 0x87dd001e on Xbox One occurred?
Perform a complete reboot of the console
It is vital that you turn off the console before you begin. This will allow most of the temporary files to be removed, which can cause issues in the future.
You should immediately turn off the console by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds. Once the power cord is unplugged from the back, re-connect the power cable, wait about 5 minutes, and then reboot the console to ensure the process was successful.
You can now see a green startup animation after pressing the Xbox button on the console.
Reset the alternate MAC address
- The hover overlay will appear when you press the Xbox button.
- Select Settings under System.
- The All Settings menu can be accessed from the context menu.
- You can find the Network Settings under the Settings menu once you have successfully accessed it.
- You can find Advanced Setup on the left of the Network menu.
- The Other MAC Address option is available in the Advanced Setup menu.
- The “Clear” button can be clicked at any time.
- Once the changes have been applied, click “Restart”.
- If the error persists after restarting, login to your account again and check.
Our recommendation is to remove the alternate MAC address from your Xbox One settings menu if you continue to receive Xbox One error 0x87dd001e. This solution only works with dynamic IP addresses from your ISP.
Restore Xbox One to factory settings
- The Xbox One controller’s home button should be pressed.
- The Settings option can be found in the system menu.
- The Console Info can be found under System – > Console Info.
- After selecting Reset Console, the console will be reset.
- If you don’t decide, you can always cancel and return. Alternatively, you can reset and save my games and apps.
- My apps and games will be saved if I select Reset.
- To begin, press X.
- The console will begin deleting the contents once you select this option.
- There will eventually be an automatic reboot of your console.
Several people have reported that resetting to factory defaults completely fixed their problems. The best part is that you don’t have to remove your installed games and apps if you want to reboot your console.
The Xbox Live sync will also retain all of your saved games, achievements, settings, and accounts. If you choose to leave the games and apps installed, you will lose all of your personal files and shortcuts, but your saved games and achievements will still be available.
If anything goes wrong, you can use this procedure whenever something goes wrong. So make sure you log in before performing a reset.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Go to System -> Settings -> Account -> Delete Accounts.
- Select the account you want to delete and select Delete.
- Select Sign in and add your account again, then enter your password.
- Select Do not block or Ask for my password.
If you see error 0x82d40004 on your Xbox console, the disk may be physically damaged. Check the DVD/CD for scratches or other signs of wear and tear. The disc can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth.
You can update your console with the Xbox's boot troubleshooting feature. To access the Xbox Boot Troubleshooting section, follow these steps: turn off the console, then unplug the power cord to make sure the console is completely off. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.
When you try to connect to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console or PC, you will see the following error code: 0x87DDD0006 or 87DDD0006. This could mean that just before you tried to connect, there was a service outage.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.