- Roblox error code 277 is a server disconnect error, which indicates that your client’s internet connection to the server is broken.
- This error can occur on mobile platforms and Windows 10, XBOX, and MAC devices.
- Errors are due to corrupted Windows registry files and Geo content block.
- If you have trouble using another browser, try Google Chrome and see if it works better.
Why Does Roblox Keep Disconnecting Me
There is an error code 277 that can be displayed when Roblox loses connection with players. Many Roblox players wonder why Roblox keeps disconnecting them.
If you see the ROBLOX screen saying DISCONNECTED: The game server has been disconnected, please contact ROBLOX Support for the fix. There is no better form of entertainment than playing games. The development of a game takes a lot of work, coding knowledge, and human resources, as you already know.
The Roblox server may occasionally show you a message that says error code 277. Users start asking what this means every time this occurs.
Players can upload their own games to Roblox or play other users’ games created on the platform.
When you’re playing Roblox, the server can disconnect from you, resulting in error code 277. Your player character in-game will also be unable to move or do anything else because it is trying to reconnect with the game and failing each time!
The platform allows users to create and play a variety of games, including obstacle courses, open-world games, racing games, and brain games.
Why Do I Keep Getting Disconnected From Roblox
During maintenance, your game will continually get disconnected from the server. If this happens, try to reconnect after some time.
When this error occurs, you will see the message “Lost connection to game server”. This is usually a connection error when Roblox cannot connect to its servers just like Roblox Error Code 268.
What causes Roblox error code 277?
Your client’s connection to the Roblox server is broken when they receive the Roblox 277 error, a server disconnect error. Among the main reasons that Roblox error code 277 appears is corrupted Windows registry files and Geo content block. This error occurs on mobile platforms, Windows 10, XBOX, and MAC devices.
Furthermore, there is a possibility that the Roblox server itself can be the cause of the problem. There have been a number of instances of Roblox servers crashing or shutting down between games. If this is the case, the Roblox team is probably already aware of the problem and is attempting to fix it.
Here’s how to fix Roblox error code 277
Use or update your Google Chrome browser
If you have not switched to Chrome yet, you should do so since it is the most reliable and trustworthy browser.
Why Does My Roblox Keep Disconnecting
It means that your connection to the server timed out when you lose connection to “Roblox.” You will either see “Could not connect” or “ID 14 failure” error messages if you lose connection to “Roblox”. If you lose connection, your computer will keep sending small packets of data in an attempt to reconnect with the server. For a better understanding of your Internet connection, you should check your modem or router.
See if Google Chrome works better for you if you have problems using another browser. You should use the latest version of your favorite browser because Roblox is usually updated to the latest version, so it is imperative that you have an updated browser.
Use a utility program
The Windows registry files in this solution can be repaired on a desktop computer or laptop computer.
- For the first step, download the Roblox 277 error utility for Windows 10 or your operating system.
- The software should be installed.
- Then click “Start Scanning.”.
- You may need to wait a while for the scan to complete.
- Select “Fix” when you have found the problems.
- Until the problem is resolved, wait
- Then restart it
Delete log files
Game history and other settings are stored on your computer and take up a lot of space. These temporary files are stored in the cache and can sometimes cause errors in the game.
The following steps will guide you through the process:
- The Run dialog box can be accessed by pressing the Windows key and R.
- Press Enter to create a Roblox log file in %localappdata%Robloxlogs
- All files can be selected by pressing Ctrl + A.
- To delete them, press Shift + Del.
- You will be prompted to run the program by pressing Windows and R again.
- The log file can be found at %USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalLowRBXLogs
- You can select all the files again by pressing Ctrl and A.
- If you wish to delete them again, press Shift and Del again.
- Restart Roblox.
Switch to Roblox Compatibility Mode
Since Roblox was first developed for Windows XP before Windows 10 was released, you may run into compatibility issues.
Roblox Keeps Disconnecting
In this case, it is recommended to use a modern browser or to check the internet speed by performing an internet speed test to see if the problem is related to the browser you are using or the Internet connection you are using.
Please beware of some websites that advertise Roblox Utility Tools. They may contain malicious software that could access your computer.
Compatibility issues can be resolved in two ways:
- The Windows compatibility troubleshooter can be used to find out if your software is compatible.
- Make Roblox compatible with your device.
The troubleshooter can be used as follows:
- Go to the taskbar and type Run Programs.
- For older versions of Windows, click Run programs.
- Now click Next.
- There is a possibility of conflicts being detected by the Troubleshooter.
- You will be able to see a list of potential conflicts.
- Choose a troubleshooting option from the list that applies to Roblox.
- Your computer needs to be rebooted.
Roblox compatibility settings can be changed by following these steps:
- Roblox can be accessed via the Properties menu by right-clicking it.
- Ensure that Run this program is selected on the Compatibility tab.
- Click the Apply button once you have selected the Windows version.
- Program Compatibility Troubleshooter can be used if you’re unable to adjust the compatibility settings for the game.
Try a different network connection
The error code 277 may appear when there is a network problem, such as a broken router or a problematic network. The error may also appear as error 16 if you’re using Google Play.
Reboot your internet connection or try another one if the router is malfunctioning. The game will keep trying to configure itself if the router is faulty.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Disconnect all power cables connected to the Comcast unit.
- Wait at least 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the Comcast Box to the power source.
- You can now check to see if the problem persists or if it is resolved.
- Change Roblox compatibility mode in the settings.
- Run the compatibility troubleshooter.
- Delete Roblox logs.
- Switch to another network.
- Update your browser.
- Remove adverts.
- Reinstall Roblox.
- Update your version of Roblox.
- Update date and time.
- Uninstall and reinstall the game.
If your device is not powerful enough to play Roblox, it often leads to stuttering / choppy playback. You can check the Roblox graphics level in the GRAPHICS section. To lower the level, first, disable the Graphics Quality - Auto function to turn it off.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.