- Some Windows Media Player users complain that video files cannot be played and error code 0xc00d36e5 keeps appearing.
- This article provides detailed information about the causes and fixes for the error.
- It turns out that several different culprits could be responsible for this error message.
- To fix the cause, try playing the video in safe mode once.
- Third-party software fixes the corruption of title, images, video motion, etc., and makes your video playable again.
On Windows 10, it’s not uncommon to encounter MP4 file errors when loading MP4 videos. For instance, I encountered a problem when I wanted to play a movie a short time back. I got a 0xc00d36e5 MP4 error, which indicated that the file could not be opened.
Users of Windows often encounter an item unplayable error in Windows Playback or in Windows Movie Maker. A user is unable to play the video. An error 0xc00d36e5 appears. This error occurs in their everyday lives. They are left confused about what to do when this occurs.
In Windows 10, it’s not uncommon to experience an error message saying that your video isn’t playable. When you see pop up messages like “Item is unplayable. Please re-acquire the content,” it just means you are unable to play your videos. The article will show you how to fix the error code 0xc00d36e5 so that your videos can be played again without panicking.
0xc00d36e5 Unplayable item error is a common problem, especially when playing a video file with Windows Media Player. This article provides detailed information about the causes and fixes for the 0xc00d36e5 error. Techquack can also help fix other errors in Windows.
The error code 0xc00d36e5 repeatedly appears for some Windows Media Player users. Video files cannot be played.
Don’t panic if you’re faced with the same error when playing video files! This article can help.
What is the cause of the 0xc00d36e5 error?
Based on various user reviews and fixing strategies commonly used to fix this particular error message, we have investigated this particular problem in more depth. This error message may be caused by several different factors. The following scenarios may result in this error message when opening a video file:
Windows Media Player does not support the file type: If you encounter a problem when trying to open certain files with Windows Media Player, you may see an error code because the file type is not supported by the media player software. In this case, you can avoid the error by using third-party video player software.
Hardware problem: A faulty USB cable or dusty USB flash drive may also be responsible for this particular error code if you encounter this problem only when opening external files (on SD cards, external hard drives, etc.). In this case, you may be able to solve the problem by replacing the defective hardware component.
Damaged system file: According to various user reports, this problem may also be caused by some corrupt Windows dependencies used in video playback. In this case, you should be able to solve the problem by resolving the corrupted instances using utilities like SFC or DISM.
How to fix error 0xc00d36e5?
On its official website, you can download VLC media player for your Windows PC. It is a powerful media player that can also repair corrupted video files.
Here are the steps to fix the VLC media player error code 0xc00d36e5
- Select Input and Codecs from the Tools menu of VLC Player.
- Choose “Repair always”
- Click “Save
Test the video in the media player to see if it plays correctly.
Fixing with third-party video software
It would be better to use advanced repair software if you are unable to fix your video with VLC Media Player.
In order to fix any kind of corruption in the video files that caused you to receive the error, use third-party video software. It will fix the corruption of the title, images, video motion, etc., and make your video playable. With third-party video software, you can quickly restore multiple video files at the same time and it is easy to use.
Using video as an example, here are some steps for recovering the 0xc00d36e5 code
- Your computer must be configured with the third-party software you have downloaded.
- Adding the video file that caused the error is as easy as clicking on the Add File button.
- Click Restore
- Repair and save the files.
Change your PC settings and drivers
Play the video in safe mode once to see if it fixes video error 0xc00d36e5.
Windows 10 safe mode video playback steps
- Select Settings from the Start Menu
- Make sure Update and Security – Restore is selected.
- You can restart your computer now by selecting Restart Now under Advanced Startup.
- The following steps should be followed after your computer restarts: Troubleshooting – Advanced Options – Startup Settings – Restart
- Repair and save the files.
- Safe mode can be entered after your computer restarts by selecting 4 or F4.
Exiting safe mode: steps to follow
- By pressing Windows logo key + R, you will get the following message
- Select OK after typing “msconfig”.
- Click “Bootup”.
- Make sure “Secure Boot” is unchecked under the “Startup Options” section.
To fix the error 0xc00d36e5, please play the videos in safe mode.
- Driver updates are recommended.
- Windows PC users can change the display settings, graphics, progress, and other aspects of video playback under Settings – > Applications – > Video Playback.
A corrupted video may not be readable in safe mode, and you can fix the problem using third-party video repair software.
Perform an SFC scan and a DISM command.
Check your Windows computer for corrupted video files by performing an SFC scan and DISM command.
Analyzing SFC: steps to follow
- Click the Start button and type CMD
- On the command prompt, right-click
- Run as administrator by selecting “Run as administrator”
- Press Enter when prompted to run sfc / scan now.
- The computer should be restarted after repairs and scans have been completed.
- If you still have problems, try running the command DISM.
Run DISM by following these steps
- Simply press the Windows + X keys.
- Custom Invitations (Admin) should be selected.
- It consists of the following types of activity: DISM / Online / Cleanup / Restoration
- Start the program by pressing Enter. The process will take more than ten minutes.
- Run the SFC scan again after restarting your computer.
Remove a third-party application
Third-party applications can interfere with your PC’s smooth operation often. It can be slow and unable to play videos if you download such software, plugins, add-ons, etc. Uninstall them and then try to play a video again. You should now be able to solve the 0xc00d36e5 video error.
Fix for video error 0xC00d36E5
- To convert the video file, choose one of the supported formats below
- Media players other than Windows Media Player should be able to play the video
- Your Windows needs to be updated
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Open VLC Player. Go to Tools -> Options -> Input and Codecs.
- Select Always restore.
- Click Save.
The error code 0xc00d36c4 when playing a video is either due to an unsupported video format or codec, or a corrupted video file. It can also be due to a conflict between your computer and USB devices. Fixing the error should start with installing a supported codec or converting the video file format to another.
You may get an error message - "This file is not playable. 0xc10100bf". This can happen for several reasons, such as the player does not support the type of video file, system issues, or the video file is corrupted. A quick solution is to try playing more video files of the same type/format.
If you see pop-up messages such as "Item is unplayable, please recapture the content", it simply means that you cannot play the video in Windows. If you are stuck with this error code 0xc00d36e5, don't panic, because this article will show you simple solutions to solve this problem and make your video playable again.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.