- Discord is a popular VOIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) chat application that is popular with gamers.
- Many users run into the problem that Discord searches don’t work on Windows 10.
- This can be very frustrating if you need to find an old Discord message urgently.
- To help you solve the problem, we’ve outlined in this article all the possible solutions you can try to be able to search in Discord smoothly.
We Dropped The Magnifying Glass Discord
Clicking on the search bar will bring up a dropdown menu with some search filter options. It’s located at the top right of the screen between the magnifying glass icon and the search bar.
It is possible that your Discord app will not function properly if you are using outdated versions of Discord. This includes the search bar.
A question about Discord. I think not all features are working, but it may be my PC’s fault. The search feature does not appear to work. The search feature isn’t showing any results for me. There were some keywords I used in a conversation with my friend, but none of them gave me results. I also have the same problems with channels. I believe Discord search doesn’t work. Can you tell me something I don’t know?
It is also known as Discord, an application for team chat and collaboration that has initially been used by gamers. However, more and more non-gamers are beginning to use it.
Discord Search Not Working
Update the system or specific drivers if Discord Search isn’t working. Updating the application will solve some of these Discord problems. DriverFix will automatically look for and fix these issues. If any issues occur, Windows will check and resolve them when necessary. Restarting the application will also allow the Windows system to resolve them.
There are a number of great features built into the platform, and one of them is the built-in search bar, which allows you to filter your search results efficiently. The discord search doesn’t work for many users, and this is extremely frustrating. If you need to find an old Discord message urgently, this can be frustrating.
If this does not solve the problem, you can also uninstall Discord, follow the steps above, and then reinstall Discord after clearing AppData and LocalAppData. Press Windows + R and type appwiz.cpl to open Programs and Features. Locate Discord in the list and right click on it. To uninstall Discord, click Uninstall and select Discord.
Here are all the solutions you can try to get Discord search to work smoothly when it doesn’t work, so you can be successful when you search in Discord.
What causes Discord search failure in Windows 10?
- The Discord servers are having problems.
- On the user’s side, the Internet connection is slow or inactive.
- The app is outdated and old.
How do I fix a Discord search that doesn’t work on Windows 10?
Restart Discord to get the latest update
- To access Discord, right-click on it on the taskbar’s bottom right corner.
- Exit Discord from its context menu.
- You will be prompted to update the client once you open it again.
Check your Internet connection
- Remove the power plug from your Internet router.
- The router will completely shut down after you hold down the power button for about 15 seconds.
- Let the router rest for about five minutes, then reconnect it and reboot it by pressing the power button.
Checking for problems with the Discord server
- The status page for Discord can be found by clicking here.
- If the API or gateway are unavailable, a pop-up window will appear to let you know.
- View all Discord issues in the past and present by scrolling down this page.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.