- YouTube is the most popular video-sharing platform, but interaction on the site is mostly limited to commenting on videos.
- Usually, there is a comment box and you can enter a comment, but it goes around for a while and then you get the error message “Comment failed to post” This problem can have many causes, including ad blockers, spam detection, browser issues, server issues, etc.
How To Turn On Comment On Youtube
The YouTube Studio webpage can be accessed using your preferred web browser by clicking here.
Commenting On Youtube
If you’re logged into YouTube, you’ll see the YouTube main page when you tap the YouTube app icon.
Using an adblocking extension or a VPN might prevent you from commenting on YouTube videos. Additionally, you may have difficulty posting comments due to the auto-generated YouTube user name.
YouTube is the most popular video-sharing platform. However, interaction on the site is mostly limited to commenting on videos. Imagine if that little privilege is violated, too, and your comment is not posted on YouTube. If you’re having this problem, read this article by Techquack to find a solution.
Many causes can be attributed to this problem, such as ad blockers, spam detection, browser problems, server problems, etc. You may be able to enter comments into the comment box, but they go around for a while and then you receive an error message saying “Comment failed to post”. Other times, comments are lost when they are edited.
What causes the “Comment failed to post” error on YouTube?
The company continued to assert that child safety was one of its top priorities after the report had been released.
It is possible that your adblocker or VPN might interfere with your ability to comment on YouTube videos. You may also experience difficulties with commenting on YouTube videos if your YouTube username was automatically generated.
My Comments On Youtube
To access your past YouTube comments, tap Comments on the right panel of the History page. The History page displays your past YouTube comments.
As soon as a user attempts to comment/respond to a comment on YouTube, an error message appears with a ring icon. Users may receive an error when editing a published comment/response and the comment/response disappears. This problem is platform-independent, meaning it can affect Windows, Mac, and mobile devices. Some users don’t see the comment after refreshing the page.
It has been reported that some users can comment on live broadcasts but not videos when the error occurs only on one channel.
YouTube, Netflix, and other sites do not recommend using VPN clients/extensions to access their content, hence the error we discuss (especially in the mobile app).
You might also be experiencing a temporary problem or a corrupted cookie on the site if there is information about client-server interactions stored in a cookie. A corrupted cookie can cause many problems.
It is most likely that the YouTube app was improperly installed on your mobile device if the problem occurs.
How to solve the “comment failed to post” problem on YouTube
How To Turn Comments On Youtube
Located at the bottom of the page, click More options. Expand the dropdown menu for Comment visibility and choose the one that is right for you.
Here are some possible causes of an Instagram error if you have an up-to-date app:
Clear the cache
- The browser menu can be accessed again by clicking it.
- Go to history.
- You can then clear browsing data by selecting that option.
- Click the Clear Data button after selecting the time range.
- Check to see if the youtube error has been fixed and if you can leave comments on YouTube.
Turn off your extensions
- Go to the menu of your browser.
- Your browser might ask you to select Extensions/Add-ons or More Tools, then Extensions.
- Deactivate all extensions when they appear on the list.
- If you are still having trouble commenting, try refreshing your browser.
Use the home page in its original Youtube format
- You can access your channel by clicking on its icon.
- Make sure Settings are selected.
- When the advanced/extended features menu appears, click on it.
- The YouTube logo can be found by clicking here.
- The home page should now appear as it did before.
- You can now comment on the video you want.
- You don’t need to open the video in a new tab when you click the link to the video.
- Try adding a comment now to see if the youtube error is resolved.
Confirm that your channel is not intended for children
- Sign into your YouTube account after launching YouTube.
- YouTube’s studio can be found here.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Select a channel.
- In Advanced Settings, click on the Advanced button.
- The channel can be set as child-friendly by selecting this option.
- Confirm this information on your channel. Check if the youtube error is fixed or if you can comment now.
Turn off your VPN
The problem could also be caused by using a VPN to access geo-restricted content.
Check to see if your problem has been resolved by disabling your VPN or any other software that hides your IP address.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may not be able to comment on YouTube videos because of interference from your adblocker or VPN. In addition, your automatically generated YouTube username may prevent you from commenting on YouTube videos. Some users may not see a comment after refreshing the page.
There are many reasons for this, here are some of them. The uploader only selects certain regions to comment on. You are not logged into YouTube with your Gmail account. To check, log in with a different account, use a different device or Co Peter to comment on the same video, ask a friend to try commenting on the same video.
YouTube doesn't put a limit on comments, but if you comment as a visitor, you can comment as much as you want. The answer is obvious: YouTube recognizes this as spam.
- Log into YouTube Studio.
- Select Content from the left-hand menu.
- Click on the video thumbnail.
- Select the Advanced Settings tab.
- Under Comments and Ratings, select the comment settings.
- Select Save.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.