- Many users report that when streaming on Twitch, an error code 2FF31423 appears.
- This error occurs most often on the Xbox console, as reported by affected customers.
- This is where we will cover several fixes that work and can help you solve the problem with the error on Twitch on Xbox One.
- Uninstall the Twitch app and reinstall it and try broadcasting on Twitch and see if the problem is resolved.
Thousands of people worldwide use Twitch to play their games, allowing them to watch the game live while they play with other players.
On the Xbox console, this guide describes how to fix Twitch error code 2ff31423.
Several users have reported receiving error codes 2FF31423 when streaming on Twitch with their Xbox One. This error appears most frequently with Xbox consoles.
Several solutions have been discussed in this article that work and can be helpful to you if you are facing this Twitch error.
What is the cause of Twitch error code 2FF31423?
- Damaged Twitch installation: if this problem occurred after an unexpected shutdown, then you are most likely dealing with some kind of damage related to Twitch fire.
- Two-factor authentication disabled: It appears that Twitch now requires all streamers on the platform to enable two-factor authentication before they can actively stream.
- Game streaming disabled in Xbox settings: Turns out this issue can occur if the account you use on your Xbox One console is set to prohibit streaming attempts.
How do I fix Twitch error code 2FF31423?
How To Stream On Twitch From Xbox
From your Xbox, you can stream on Twitch by downloading the Twitch app, logging into your account, and choosing the Go live option.
Depending on the security settings in your profile, you may not be able to broadcast, either because your profile is in offline mode or because your preferences are set to that of a minor.
Change the MAC address
- The All Settings menu can be found by selecting the gear icon from the home screen of Xbox.
- You can then access the network settings by clicking on Network.
- Ensure that Alternate MAC Address is selected in Advanced Settings.
- Reboot the console after selecting Delete.
- Wait for the Xbox console to turn off and then unplug it from the network.
- Restart the computer by plugging it back in.
Allow streaming games in the Xbox settings
- You can find this icon on the right side of the Xbox One dashboard.
- You can then select Privacy and Internet Security by clicking All Settings.
- You can change the default Xbox Live Data Protection settings on this menu by selecting the Xbox Live Data Protection option.
- You will now be able to see and configure the details by clicking on the Show and Configure details button.
- Under You can stream gameplay, you need to select Allowed.
Uninstall the Twitch app and then reinstall it
- The Guide menu can be accessed by tapping the Xbox button on your Xbox One controller.
- In the Options menu, select Games & Apps.
- You can find the Twitch app under Games and Apps, which displays all the apps you have installed in your computer.
- Using the controller, select Twitch.
- In the following pop-up menu, click Uninstall.
- The Twitch app will then be removed from your device and any associated data will be deleted; follow these steps to finish the process.
- It is necessary to restart the console after removing Twitch from Xbox One.
- On your Xbox One, go to the store to install the Twitch app.
- You should now be able to stream on Twitch without any problem.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
It means that your Twitch setup is broken, two-factor authentication is disabled, and gameplay streaming is disabled in your Xbox settings.
If this problem occurs after an unexpected shutdown sequence, it is likely some type of Twitch-related fire damage. Also, Twitch is introducing mandatory two-step authentication for all streamers on the platform before they can actively stream.
- On the Xbox home screen, click on the gear icon, then select All Settings.
- Then go to Network and go to Network Settings.
- Go to Advanced Settings and select Alternate MAC Address.
- Then tap the Delete option and reboot the console.
- Then unplug the Xbox console and wait for it to turn off.
- Plug it back in and restart it.
How To Broadcast On Xbox One
For Xbox One users, you should download the Twitch App instead of Broadcast to Mixer.
The process of downloading Twitch and activating your Xbox One is simple. This is how to do it: https://appuals.com/twitch-error-code-2ff31423-on-xbox-one/Twitch error code 2ff31423 on Xbox One…
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.