- The error “The program cannot be run because the steam_api64.dll file is missing on your computer.
- Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem” occurs when the Steam client cannot find the mentioned DLL file in the installation folder.
- L files are necessary for the application to work properly and without problems, and some DLL. files are part of the framework of the application.
This is the version of Windows that you are using: 10
When the Steam client cannot find the steam_api64.dll file in the installation folder, the error “The program cannot be run because the steam_api64.dll file is missing on your computer. Reinstall the program to fix this problem” occurs. In order for an application to run smoothly and without any errors, DLL files are essential, and some DLL files are part of its framework.
What causes ‘Steam_api64.dll Is Missing’?
Errors related to steam_api64.dll may occur due to different reasons. For example: a broken application, steam_api64.dll has been removed or misplaced, corrupted by malware on your PC, or the Windows registry is corrupted.
How to solve the “steam_api64.dll is missing” problem?
Make sure your Steam files are up to date
- Using the right-click menu, select “Run as administrator” and you will be able to use the Steam client application.
- You can view the properties of the game that caused the error by right-clicking on it in the “Library” folder.
- You can check the integrity of the game file in the properties window by clicking on the “Local Files” tab.
- Check to see if the problem has been fixed by restarting the game.
Copy steam_api64.dll file from another computer
- Use the command line to run “control /name Microsoft.System” by opening a command prompt as administrator and typing the command.
- The two computers should have identical Windows versions and system types.
- Go to C: ProgramSteam in File Explorer on the other computer.
- Take a USB drive and copy the steam_api64.dll file from the folder that opens.
- Check if the error has been resolved by copying the copied file into the Steam installation folder on your computer.
Uninstall the game and then reinstall it
- Go to the ‘Library’ section of the Steam client on your Windows computer.
- The game causing the error can be removed by right-clicking on it and clicking “Uninstall.”
- Select “Play Now” in the Steam client after you have located the uninstalled game in the “Store” tab.
- You will be guided through the installation process by the on-screen instructions.
- The error should be resolved once the installation is completed.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check the game files.
- Reinstall the game.
- Restore the file steam_api64.dll.
- Copy the same file from another computer.
- Update device drivers.
- Run the built-in system file checker to replace missing or damaged operating system files.
- Run the DISM tool and restore a Windows system image and repair corrupted Windows component memory.
- Repair or reinstall the software if the application is causing this error.
- Restart your computer.
- Restore the deleted DLL file from the Recycle Bin.
- Recover deleted DLL file using free file recovery software.
- Run a system-wide virus/malware scan.
- Use System Restore to undo the last changes made to the system.
The error "The program cannot be started because of the file steam_api64. dll is missing from your computer. A missing file usually indicates that DirectX is not installed on your computer or that the DLL file was deleted by a user or application.
Steam Api Dll Download
Fix .dll errors by downloading steam_api.dll and installing it.
Steam Api.dll File
Occasionally, steam_api.dll does not appear on your computer because of an error during the installation process. The steam_api.dll file needs to be placed in the appropriate folder in order to provide the proper launch of games. The steam_api.dll file must be downloaded from a reputable website and placed in the correct folder.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.