- There are many different causes of the ‘Something happened and your pin isn’t available’ error message.
- If you’re trying to reset your password, it could mean that there’s something wrong with your Microsoft Account.
- Log into Windows 10 using your account password to sign in to your Microsoft account from another device.
- Log in to the administrator account and reset its password using the one-time code sent via SMS text messages.
Your Pin Is No Longer Available
A few glitches were reported after the recent Windows 10 update. Some users have reported not being able to sign in using a PIN on Windows 10. It displays a message that the pin is no longer available as a result of changes to the device’s security settings. You can re-enter your pin in Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.”
It will be easier for you to hear things from your PC with a headphone jack and headphones.
Error messages like “Something happened and your pin isn’t available” can occur for a number of reasons. In case your password reset isn’t working, it could be because your Microsoft Account isn’t functioning properly. Or you might have forgotten your PIN code. Here’s what you need to do.
You should check your email if you cannot log in to your Microsoft Account. Follow the instructions to verify your account if you receive a message from Microsoft. To log in again, visit www.microsoft.com/account once you’ve completed that step.
There is a problem and your PIN cannot be entered. Users are asked to enter their PIN again. The password is intended to keep their accounts safe on the Windows system. The PIN code sign-in feature is one of Windows 10’s security improvements, but users are frustrated too often by the pop-up error.
Using a Microsoft Account is another option for changing your PIN. Click on Settings at the top left of the screen. Click on Change Password under Security & Privacy. Choose a new PIN and enter the current one. After entering your new PIN, click Save Changes. Make sure your new PIN is strong, as you can’t change it once you enter it.
The last option is to reset your PIN with a Microsoft ID. On the next page, click Forgot My Password and enter your email address. Click Next when you see the verification screen. Upon entering your email address, phone number, and PIN, you will be prompted to enter your PIN, followed by OK. When you return to the main login page, click Forget my PIN to set up a new PIN.
What are the causes of the ‘Something happened and your PIN isn’t available’ issue
When you don’t have a password to log into Windows 10, this error message appears. If you have never set a passcode before, you’ll see this error message when you try to sign in to your Microsoft account, reset your device password, or change the name of your computer. There are several ways to resolve this issue if you don’t have a passcode. Our guides provide detailed instructions on each option.
Using another device to log in to your Microsoft account
Something Went Wrong And Your Pin Isn T Available
SHIFT-click Power -> Restart on the login screen
You might think you have plenty of ways to log into your Microsoft account if you use several devices to access it. In reality, you can log into your Microsoft account in three different ways. Here are the three ways to ensure you’re logged in correctly.
- To complete certain tasks and verify your identity, you will need an active internet connection whenever you log in from another device to your Microsoft account.
- Make sure you delete the old password from your Microsoft Account after logging in. This will help prevent unauthorized access to your account.
- Accounts can be found by opening the Start menu.
- Your Microsoft Account will be opened once you click Sign In.
- Delete the login information by clicking Delete.
- Password and username must be entered.
- If you are sure, click Yes.
- Your Microsoft account should be signed out.
Having multiple Microsoft accounts might be a good idea. This will prevent others from accessing them.
Select the Windows Hello PIN option under Accounts – Sign-in options. Click Remove after logging into Windows 10.
There is a link on addictivetips.com where you can learn how to add a background image (also known as wallpaper) to the Windows Taskbar: https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/add-background-image-to-the-taskbar-windows-10/Opens a new tab
You will need your account password in order to log in to Windows 10
Using the one-time code sent via SMS text message or your Microsoft account password, you can login to Windows 10.
- Password change from your account settings by clicking “Key” on the login screen.
- You can set up a new PIN by selecting “Create a PIN” after choosing “Windows Hello PIN.”.
Updates should be removed
If you want to remove an update that was installed after the last time you signed in to Windows 10, follow these steps:
- You can now find it by scrolling down.
- Offline updates can be installed by choosing this option.
- The installation will take a while to complete.
- Start your computer again after you have completed the installation.
The administrator account’s password needs to be reset by logging into it
Computers can be remotely managed with an administrator account. Usually, this account is disabled by default. To enable it, follow the instructions below. This account gives administrators complete access to the computer without requiring credentials to log into it every time.
Alternatively, you may wish to use one of the following methods if you are logged in as a local administrator:
- An application such as RegEdit.exe can be used to do this.
- You will need administrator privileges to run regedit.exe.
- Run the registry-reset batch file created above by double-clicking on the file.
- Activate the system by logging out and then back in, selecting “Keep my changes” when prompted.
- The system should be restarted.
Startup Repair can be used to fix startup issues caused by corrupted system files if you are experiencing trouble logging in to Windows. Ensure you have run it recently if you’ve not already.
Your Pin Is Required To Sign In Windows 10
The power icon can be found at the bottom right corner of the Lock Screen.
Windows 10 Pin Not Available
You are locked out of your account due to an issue with the PIN service.
What you should do next if you are not sure what to do:
- Choose “Fix my computer” from the menu.
- Follow the instructions for “Startup Repair” when prompted.
- It should then be possible to login normally after you have repaired the problem. You can restart your PC following the repair.
- Backup your important data now to prevent further problems in the future.
- Get in touch with Microsoft Customer Support if you continue to have problems.
If someone knows or guesses your old password, it’s a good idea to change it regularly. Your password protects important information, such as your email address, phone number, and other sensitive details.
A forgotten password for example may prevent you from changing your password. For example, you cannot change your password if you are locked out of your account.
It will be necessary to contact Microsoft support in this case to change your password. They will guide you through the process.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
This happens when you try to log into your computer with a Microsoft Account. You'll see the following message: "Something happened and your PIN wasn't available." If you attempt to reset your password, you'll receive another error message.
The problem is that the PIN service runs on your PC, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. When you're asked to type in your PIN, nothing appears onscreen, and there is no response from the service.
Microsoft recently added a great feature to Windows 10 called the IR cache. This allows you to use a PIN code to log in to your PC without having to type it every single time. If you are experiencing issues where you cannot access your PIN, here is how to resolve this issue.
Then, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
- Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- Select File Explorer.
- Right-click on the file explorer icon and select Run As Administrator.
- Navigate to %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\TechQuack.dbx.
- Delete the entire folder.
- Restart your device.
- Log in using your Microsoft Account.
- Enter your PIN as usual.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Go back to the previous screen and click Yes.
- Wait until the process completes.
- Once completed, go back to the previous screen again and click No.
- Now, you can successfully log in to your device using your Microsoft Account.
This means that you have already used up all of your pins for the day. So, you will need to wait until tomorrow to get more. You can also check if you have any pending updates. If so, then update them first before trying to log in again.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.