- If it’s a maintenance problem, none of the solutions will work for you.
- If you see the ‘Calibrate Display’ screen, it means that GTA 5 Online is running normally on your side.
- You can also try changing the DNS settings in the game and then in the Settings menu.
Gta 5 Loading Screen
While a GTA game is loading up, the entry screen (also called the loading screen) loops images. All Grand Theft Auto games have had entry screens, which usually depict major characters and/or locations from the game. Entry screens always contain official Rockstar artwork. For the HD Universe, the entry screens are longer and are more elaborate, since the title sequence was removed for the 3D Universe.
Grand Theft Auto V is a 2013 action-adventure game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It is the seventh main entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, following 2008’s Grand Theft Auto IV, and the fifteenth instalment overall. Set within the fictional state of San Andreas, based on Southern California, the single-player story follows three protagonists-retired bank robber Michael De Santa, street gangster Franklin Clinton, and drug dealer and gunrunner Trevor Philips-and their attempts to commit heists while under pressure from a corrupt government agency and powerful criminals. The open world design lets players freely roam San Andreas’ open countryside and the fictional city of Los Santos, based on Los Angeles.
If you’re experiencing crashing issues with GTA 5, follow these methods to get the problem fixed as soon as possible.
This article will show you how to fix the issue if you have a difficult time getting online in GTA 5. You might wonder if you should reinstall the game.
Check Grand Theft Auto Online’s maintenance status first, as any solution won’t work if it’s a maintenance issue.
Why is GTA 5 Online not working?
We’ve investigated several cases and received direct feedback from users. Our research suggests that this error message could be caused by gameplay issues, connectivity problems, or any of a number of other factors.
Router problems: Routers are often configured incorrectly. If they are not properly relaying the network to your device, GTA 5 will not be able to connect to your online servers.
Game Error: GTA 5 may also be in an error state. This happens with many games, and terminating all existing game processes usually solves the problem.
Server crash: GTA 5’s servers have been known to crash, and players were unable to connect to the online version at all.
How to solve the problem when GTA 5 Online fails?
Change your DNS settings
Alternatively, you can access the network card settings directly from the Xbox game’s settings menu by following the steps below.
- You will be prompted to select Run when you press Windows + R.
- Enter ncpa.CPL.
- You can choose between a wired or wireless connection by right-clicking the Ethernet adapter.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Select IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4).
- The address of the preferred and alternate DNS servers should be written down or screenshotted.
- As a result, the preferred DNS should be 22.214.171.124 and the alternate DNS should be 126.96.36.199.
- The selection will be confirmed by clicking OK, and the changes will be implemented by clicking OK again.
- Likewise, console users can override DNS addresses manually in Network Settings by selecting Configure Internet Connection.
- Then run GTA V Online on your computer or console to check if the error has been fixed.
Checking Display Calibration
- Your PC or console should be running GTA V.
- You can calibrate your display by simply pressing and holding the R1 or L1 button for a few seconds before the game starts loading.
- You can try pressing and holding the L1 and R1 buttons at the same time if the above tip doesn’t work.
- GTA 5 Online should run normally if you see the “Calibrate Display” screen.
- Try returning to GTA V Online game after closing the calibration screen.
Reboot your computer/console
A reboot is one of the easiest and most common ways to accomplish this, whether you are using your Xbox One, PlayStation 3/4, or Windows PC. If the game error is caused by a software error or cache clearing, you need to restart your PC/console. This will usually fix it.
Is Rockstar Server Down
According to Rockstar’s support page, all platforms, including Social Club, are experiencing a few difficulties at the moment.
Gta 5 Load Screen
Players can express themselves through their loading screens in GTA 5, but nothing will change gameplay-wise. This is a visual mod.
The following advice may help you if this didn’t work.
Updating the drivers
If none of the above methods work, try checking for graphics driver updates or other PC drivers such as network drivers, etc. Nvidia graphics card users should update their GeForce Experience application.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
The first and most obvious explanation for this error message is that your PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold subscription has expired, as you need an active subscription to play GTA Online. For Xbox One users, go to Settings -> Account -> Dashboard Subscriptions.
Go to Console Settings -> Network -> Change Network. Follow these steps to connect to a mobile hotspot or other WiFi connection. If it works and GTA Online boots correctly, your WiFi router might be the problem. Reset your router settings or update your firmware (ask your provider for details).
Allow access to your firewall. If that doesn't help, disable the firewall and antivirus software and check if the NAT status has changed. Check if there is a problem with the router. Reboot your router.
- Reboot your PC/Console.
- Check your screen calibration.
- Try visiting an invitation-only session.
- Change your firewall settings.
- Change the DNS settings.
- Update the drivers.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.