- When using Facebook on your PC, Android, or iOS, you may find that the News Feed won’t load.
- Slow internet speeds, Facebook not working, wrong settings, date and time, etc. can cause this problem.
- How do you fix the problem of Facebook News Feed not loading? Don’t worry, solutions are presented in this post from Techquack.
Facebook Not Updating
It is a common problem for Facebook users to have their news feeds not update. A slow internet connection, an outdated version of Facebook, setting incorrect news feed preferences, or the wrong time and date on the device could be the cause. It is possible that the Facebook news feed does not work due to a glitch on the Facebook servers.
When using Facebook on your PC, Android, or iOS, you may find that the News Feed won’t load. This is frustrating. How do you fix the problem of Facebook News Feed not loading? Don’t worry, solutions are presented in this post from Techquack.
The company has been working on making Facebook more user-friendly and optimizing the platform to make it as easy as possible for people to access. Facebook is one of the world’s most widely used social apps.
However, you may still encounter some problems when using Facebook, such as hardware access errors, Facebook videos not playing, Facebook images not loading, Sorry, Something went wrong error, etc. Recently, users have reported another problem – Facebook News Feed is not loading.
A slow internet connection, Facebook not working, incorrect settings, date/time, etc., can all cause this problem on the web and on mobile apps.
In this article, we will look at a few useful methods for fixing Facebook not working.
Why the Facebook news feed isn’t loading
The following are some reasons why the Facebook News Feed is not working or updating as a result of the reports we received during our research:
Slow Internet connection: Over time, Facebook has increased its use of data. It used to require minimal data, but lately, we’ve noticed that it needs a stable and fast Internet connection. If your connection is slow, the feed may not work for you.
Facebook Not Loading
It is not uncommon for Facebook users to experience bugs after signing in, including a complete white page as a result of server problems. If Facebook servers are not down right now, it is possible that the system is having an issue with your own network or browser.
Facebook not working: Facebook has a lot of downtimes. This is true for both mobile and desktop platforms. Facebook’s backend service is the same, so if it is under maintenance or down for any reason, both platforms will be affected.
Facebook Won T Refresh
Please verify that you are not excluding some post types in the shortcode itself, using the type option, by selecting all the post types in such a location: Facebook Feed > Customize > Post Types.
Incorrect settings: You may not have noticed this, but Facebook has the ability to set preferences for your news feed. These can be popular posts or recent posts by users or Pages. If you search for recent posts but this setting is popular, you won’t get the results you want.
Incorrect app data: There are many cases where a Facebook app gets bad app data or its installation files are corrupted. In this case, the app may not behave as expected and cause problems.
Updates are available: Facebook constantly monitors its apps, and if a bug or technical problem arises, it will release an update as soon as possible. If you are waiting for an update, we recommend that you do so as soon as possible.
Date and Time: Facebook works with your time as a setting. If you set the wrong time (on your computer or mobile app), the app crashes because the time doesn’t match your location. This is where updating the time solves the problem.
Lack of hardware: Facebook is also available in a lite version for smartphones that don’t have enough juice to run the main app. If you have an older smartphone, we recommend using the Lite app.
If you are using two-factor authentication, make sure you have your phone on hand. Also, keep your recommendations handy before moving forward.
How to fix the fact that the Facebook News Feed is not loading
Check your News Feed settings
- Visit our Facebook page for more information.
- Choose a feed from the list on the left.
- The three dots should appear when you click them.
- Your choice of news feed can be made from the drop-down list.
- Alternatively, you can tap Most Recent or Best Stories.
Restart the app
The easiest way to fix a broken newsfeed is to restart.
- Try restarting Facebook first.
- It may also help to restart your computer and your browser if that does not work.
Clearing cookies and cache
- Chrome should open.
- You can opt to allow cookies and other website data by going to Settings and checking the box under Privacy and Security.
- The deletion of data can be set for a certain period of time.
- To clear all data, click here.
- The three-point menu is located at the top of Google Chrome.
- Clear browser data can be found under Privacy and Security in Settings.
- Deleted data can be kept for a specified amount of time.
- Make sure the data is clear.
Caches and cookies can cause Facebook problems if they are stored by mistake in them.
Some Facebook members are not permitted to use secure browsing, which also leads to problems.
- There is no such capability in the Facebook app, for instance.
- As a result, switching from HTTP to HTTPS may cause problems if Facebook’s default mode is secure.
Check your time settings
A good internet connection will not work if your computer’s times and dates are incorrect.
In this case, please adjust your current time zone if needed according to your system settings.
- The three-point menu is located at the top of Google Chrome.
- Make sure Settings are selected.
- Make sure you are in the Site Settings section of Privacy & Security.
- Allowed (recommended) should appear when the slider is moved.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Make sure you're using the latest version of the app or browser.
- Restart your computer or phone
- Uninstall and reinstall the app if you're using your phone.
- Log in to Facebook and try again.
If one of your newsletters isn't loading correctly, you can try using a different browser or update the browser you are currently using. If that doesn't work, please use the "Report a Problem" link in your account to tell us more about what you see.
If you're having trouble displaying Facebook in your web browser, there may be a problem with your cache or temporary data. You can try clearing your cache and temporary data. If that doesn't solve your problem, it may be because you are using third-party browser extensions.
If one of your news feeds is empty, close Facebook and reopen it to update your news feed or update the browser you are using. If that doesn't work, please use the "Report a Problem" link in your account to tell us more about what you see.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.