- Most Discord users report the “no-audio” bug during screen sharing sessions.
- Discord has been aware of this bug since mid-2019.
- To date, Discord has released several patches that fix the issue.
- The audio functionality with the screen sharing mechanism is at an early stage and is not yet stable enough (it was originally released in beta).
- There are still some issues, which we’ll cover in the next section.
There is a problem with Discord screen sharing called “no-audio”. Discord has known about this issue since mid-2019, and has released several patches to fix the problem. Until the issue is fully resolved for all users, Discord will likely continue to release patches to fix the problem.
In spite of this, when you encounter the Discord screen, it is not the easiest tool to use.
A constant complaint among Discord users is the lack of audio when sharing screen on Discord. You’ve come to the right place if you have trouble sharing your screen without audio on Discord. The solution to your no audio Discord screen changer problem will be explained here. Before we get to the solution, we need to explain why Disord screen share does not affect audio.
There is nothing worse than discord screen sharing without audio.
In this Techquack guide, we will share with you not only the solution offered by Discord but also some of our own solutions that will surely help you solve this problem once and for all.
What is the reason why Discord’s split-screen sound doesn’t work?
If you are experiencing a discord freezing issue, you may be able to resolve it by switching to Legacy mode.
Our investigation of several cases has led us to conclude that there are multiple causes for this problem. We are not able to apply all of them to your case due to the fact that your computer configuration may be different:
- Early-stage audio functionality: the audio functionality with the screen sharing mechanism is at an early stage and is not yet stable enough (it was originally released in beta). There are still some issues, which we’ll cover in the next section.
- Bad audio drivers: As with all audio applications, Discord uses the audio drivers installed on your hardware. If the audio drivers are corrupt or not working properly, you will have problems.
- Administrative access: Because Discord now shares the entire screen with other remote computers, it may need administrative access to the computers. Granting advanced access usually solves the problem.
- Problems with applications: Some applications tend not to work properly with Discord. In this case, there’s nothing you can do about it except look for alternatives.
In the case of a reset, you might need to log in over again. Administrative access is needed. Ensure that your sound option is enabled in the application window.
It is also a good idea to reboot the system before looking for more technical solutions.
To solve the problem of Discord’s dysfunctional sound exchange screens
Discord Stream No Sounds
If you turn off the “Noise Suppression” option in User Settings under Voice and Video > Advanced, you’ll be able to hear the Internet better.
Reboot your computer
If you suspect that a conflict exists between Discord and other programs on your computer, reboot your computer to see if this is the underlying cause of the problem.
There have been reports of Discord down since 3:35 AM EDT. Please report if you are having problems as well. http://downdetector.com/status/discord/ RT if you’re also experiencing issues.
If you still don’t hear any sound during screen sharing after rebooting Discord, try this solution:
A recent update may have caused Discord to stop functioning properly. A new update is required if sound does not play when screen sharing on Discord.
Using the Discord app, click the gear icon beside your avatar to access the Settings menu.
It is possible that some windows sounds might not transmit over Discord Screenshare due to the fact that Discord Screenshare only transmits audio produced by the main app shared.
If there are any updates on Discord, please follow these instructions:
- You can open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key while simultaneously pressing R.
- Click OK after typing %localappdata%.
- Discord can be accessed by double-clicking it.
- The update process will begin after you double-click Update .exe.
- Your problem may be resolved if you restart Discord.
The next solution below will help if you still don’t hear any sound during the broadcast.
Update your audio driver
It is common for Discord to stop working when screen sharing occurs because of an outdated or missing audio driver. Alternatively, you may choose to manually update your device drivers, but this will take a lot of time. By using a third-party driver update program, you can update them in a few clicks.
The right drivers for your system will be found automatically by a third-party driver updater. It is impossible for you to make errors during installation, you do not need to know what system is running on your computer, or you do not have to worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver.
Remove roaming data from the drive
It is also possible for incorrect account settings and temporary disk files to interfere with audio playback. For this reason, you may wish to try deleting the roaming data on Discord:
- Completely exit Discord.
- Using Windows’ logo key, type %appdata% and then press Enter.
- Select Delete from the right-click menu of Discord.
- The problem can be fixed by restarting Discord.
The following solution might help if sound still does not appear during the broadcast.
Temporarily disable your antivirus program
The problem probably has nothing to do with your antivirus program, but you should rule it out if there is no sound when streaming on Discord. Check your antivirus program documentation to see if the problem persists after temporarily disabling it.
Contact your antivirus provider for advice or install a different antivirus solution if Discord works after disabling the antivirus program.
Resetting Discord language settings
Incorrect language settings in Discord can lead to these errors. If you recently changed the Discord settings and after that, the sound stopped working. Try resetting the voice settings to their defaults to see if that solves the problem. Follow these steps:
- The Settings icon will appear when you start the drive.
- Reset Voice Settings can be found within Voice and Video.
- Click OK.
- If you are having trouble viewing the screen, try displaying it again.
Follow these steps if your screen sharing still doesn’t play sound.
Reinstall Discord application
A corrupt or defective Discord file may cause your problem. Remember to follow the instructions below when reinstalling Discord if none of the above solutions worked.
- Your keyboard should have a Windows logo key.
- Click on Control Panel after typing Control.
- Uninstall Discord by right-clicking on it and selecting Uninstall in the View by category.
- If the disc is not working, please download it and open it. Follow the prompts on the screen to reinstall it.
- You should be able to hear Discord again after restarting it.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must disable the sharing screen first, then enable audio mode in the application window, and finally click the "Share Now" button to use the audio for the screen sharing drive.
Yes, you can talk and share the screen with sound at the same time. You can mute the audio while talking and still keep the screen sound.
- Open the Discord app on your Mac, PC, or smartphone.
- Find the voice channel you're allowed to broadcast on and join it.
- At the bottom of the desktop app, you'll see "Video" and "Screen." Choose whether you want to stream video from your webcam or share your computer screen, and then click on the option of your choice.
- First, try restarting your computer.
- Open the Discord app and restart screen sharing.
- The best thing to do is to check on the GPU.
- Update the GPU driver to the latest version.
- If the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Discord app.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.