- Kodi C17.1 â€“ Krypton no longer runs on Windows 10 every time you run it because Kodi’s video keeps buffering or crashing.
- Kodi is the definitive free media player that supports all forms of music and video on all Windows operating systems such as Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- The problem is often caused by an error related to the version of Kodi installed on your computer.
- Kodi should only be used for content that you are legally entitled to access.
If you want to play music or video in your home theater, Kodi won’t load, start up, or run often enough according to users.
In some cases, you may encounter Kodi C17.1 – Krypton not running on Windows 10 every time you run it. Kodi’s video buffers or crashes when you run it. Regardless of the problem, Kodi on Windows 10 has to be fixed as soon as possible. Videos either freeze or won’t play.
What is Kodi.
Kodi is a free media player for all Windows operating systems, such as Windows 7 and 8. It supports all kinds of music and video and is open-source and non-commercial.
In addition to being able to download various TV shows, movies, and streaming videos, a Kodi box also causes errors.
If Kodi does not open or opens but stutters, you need to fix it as soon as possible.
Why won’t Kodi open on Windows?
There’s nothing better than finding the source of a problem yourself and finding a solution that works, rather than paying someone to do it for you.
You can usually solve most Cody problems in just a few minutes by following the steps in this guide. We hope this guide will solve most of your Cody problems.
You may run into these Cody problems.
- When loading Cody, it crashes.
- It is not possible to delete additions
- Accelerator problems
- Having problems with buffering on Kodi
- Videos with stuttering
- Screens that are blank or black
- Playback of Cody is halted by a freeze
- It is not possible to search for addons on Kodi.
- The stream of HD and 4K is stuttering
With this guide, you’ll learn how to use Kodi correctly and how to troubleshoot some common issues.
In addition, third-party addons usually use unauthorized sources. Third-party add-ons are notorious for their unreliability and often come with their own set of problems. Our readers should use only official add-ons and seek out content that is appropriately licensed when possible because of these reasons.
Note: Kodi should only be used for content that you are legally entitled to access. Neither the Kodi Foundation nor Comparitech endorses the use of Kodi for piracy.
How to fix Kodi not opening in Windows 10
If the error is caused by Kodi’s version, updating to the latest version or reinstalling it cleanly can work wonders to fix the issue. Try it out!
- For Windows 10 users, you can also open settings by clicking on the gear icon on the left side of your screen or by clicking on the “Start Menu” button.
- To uninstall a program, click “Uninstall Program” under “Programs” in the Control Panel’s upper right corner.
- You should be able to view all the installed programs and apps on your computer once you click the “Applications” button in Windows 10 Settings.
- Cody can be found in one of your open lists, and can be uninstalled by clicking its name.
- Uninstalling this program is as simple as following the uninstall wizard’s instructions.
- Restart your computer for the uninstaller to complete its work, and click Done when it is done.
Following these steps will remove all Kodi data from your computer:
You can access this location on your computer by opening Windows Explorer and clicking “This PC”:
Kodi can be found in C:/Username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi.
It may be necessary to enable the “Show/Hide” option if you cannot see the AppData folder. On the File Explorer menu, click the “View” tab and select “Hidden Items”. You can choose whether to show or hide hidden files. This option will be remembered until you change it again in File Explorer.
You can delete the Cody folder in the Roaming folder if you receive a message saying that some files cannot be deleted. If you get a message that some files cannot be deleted, you can leave Cody and kill its process in Task Manager.
The latest version must be downloaded. Please follow the instructions on the screen to install the file. If it does not work, please let us know!
Deleting the add-on file
Adding add-ons to Kodi is stored in a file. Kodi will open again if you delete the specific Kodi file you just added. Then you can remove the add-on and continue using Kodi! Follow these steps if the problem is due to an add-on you recently installed.
Using Windows Explorer, click on the left-hand menu icon of the computer you want to go to.
It is likely that you need to enable the hidden file and folder view option if you are unable to see the AppData folder. Select “Hidden Items” under the “Show/Hide” box on the “View” menu. The hidden files will then be displayed in File Explorer and will be remembered until you change it again.
You may need to kill Kodi’s process if you get a warning that some files cannot be deleted. Remove the “Addons27.db” folder from the “Database” folder.
After you have deleted all the folders and removed all files from them, restart your computer and see if Cody’s problem still occurs.
Killing Kodi processes in the task manager
The program assumes Kodi processes are already running to prevent it from opening twice if some Kodi processes are still running from the last session. Double-clicking on them will not open the Kodi icon. In order to determine if the problem persists, you should disable all Kodi processes running in the task manager.
Start the Task Manager utility by pressing the Ctrl key, Shift key and Esc key simultaneously.
The Task Manager on the blue screen is also accessible via Ctrl + Alt + Del. The Start menu also has several search options.
In the Details window, select “Stop Tasks” at the bottom right of the window once you’ve expanded the Task Manager and found all Cody entries under processes or background applications.
5.) Try opening Kodi again to see if the problem continues.
You need to reset Kodi and start from scratch if none of the above measures have been successful. This can result in data loss, but should solve your problem. To reset Cody, follow these steps.
Using the shortcut on your desktop or the Start menu, open Kodi by double-clicking the shortcut.
2) In the Kodi start menu, find the gear icon under the Kodi logo in the top left hand corner.
3) Select it, and then select System. Click on the “Add-Ons” tab and turn on “Unknown Sources.” Confirm any dialog prompts that appear.
The file manager can be accessed via Settings – File Manager.
To add a source, click Add Source, enter the following information, and then click OK.
You can now select “plugin.video.freshstart-1.0.5.zip” in the list when you go to Settings -> Add-ons.
Then, once it has been installed, you can open it. Cody will ask you to reset its settings. Accept them.
In order to apply the changes, you will need to restart Cody or your computer once the procedure is complete. You may also experience other problems during this process.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.