- Error code 0xc00007b is a common Windows problem that occurred with the release of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- It usually happens right after installing patches or feature updates and prevents certain apps from launching.
- It can block access to Skype, Messenger, Microsoft Office Suite, some video games, or any other apps that users have used before.
- Many users have been able to fix the error by reinstalling the application that initiates the error.
You can experience Windows 10/11 errors at any time. They may appear during a Skype meeting or during your favorite game.
A common Windows problem, error code 0xc00007b occurs after certain patches and updates are installed, and it prevents certain apps from launching. The error codes usually persist for years.
The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc000007b Windows 10
Here’s a look at some of the more common causes of Windows error code 0xc000007b.
Please could you assist me with fixing the 0XC000007B error? I keep getting the message “Application cannot start correctly” or just the error code. I use Windows 10. Thank you.
Users who have used Skype, Messenger, Microsoft Office Suite, or some video games often get error 0xc00007b, which will block access to different apps. The error usually appears as a message:
An application error has occurred.
Any application or game on the PC has been encountered with an error code of 0xc00007b. This error prevents users from operating and executing their tasks. As a result of mixing a 32-bit application and a 64-bit system, there is a significant amount of instability that is the cause of this error.
You may close the application by clicking OK. An error occurred (0xc00007b).
If the user clicks OK, the application will be closed and they won’t be able to open it completely. This results in no response from the application.
Reinstalling the application that initiates the 0xc00007b error has been able to resolve it for many users. This is a good option if the problem is only affecting one or more applications and removing them won’t cause any problems.
What causes error 0xc00007b in Windows 10
How To Fix 0xc00007b
0xc000007b error will appear if xinput1_3.dll is corrupted or replaced with an uncompatible version. The process of fixing the error by updating DLL is a little more complicated, since replacing 32-bit xinput1_3.dll with an appropriate version inside C drive involves operations like replacing 32-bit xinput1_3.dll with an appropriate version. The following steps will help you update DLL:
Windows users experience 0xc00007b / 0xc000007b errors when attempting to run a certain application or game.
An application running on a 32-bit processor trying to load a DLL that runs on a 64-bit processor is the main cause of this error.
Some people complain that the error message “0xc00007b fix Windows 10 64 bit” should be fixed when they have the error message 0xc000007b when they have the error message “0xc00007b fix Windows 7 64 bit”. The error message also occurs with some PC games, such as Watchdogs, Outlast, and Dead Island.
You will typically experience this error if you are using 32-bit Windows with 64-bit applications or operating systems. It has been found that restarting Windows helps solve the problem, so it might be a good idea to try that first. You can also fix the error by updating your operating system, since every version of Windows has its own bugs.
If you encounter an error related to .dll files, you can download (0xc000007b).dll and fix it.
For errors related to .DLL files, you can download (0xc000007b.dll) and paste it into the application or game installation folder or into the Windows system folder, and you should be able to resolve the issue. In case you do not know how to install this file, please check out our tutorial on DLL files.
Here we will examine the solutions to 0xc00007b / 0xc000007b error that have helped many users in fixing it.
Fix 0xc00007b error in Windows 10
Install the latest version of the .NET framework
- Reinstalling the .NET framework is the first step, and can be done by clicking the link below.
- The .NET Framework is available here to be installed.
Reinstall the latest version of the application that is causing the problem
- Uninstalling the application or game causing the problem is the next step if reinstalling the .NET Framework is not successful.
- Update your application by reinstalling it.
- It is recommended that you reboot Windows.
- Ensure that the error 0xc00007b does not appear after restarting the application.
Run the application/file as an administrator
- To run an application, navigate to its root folder.
- The application’s executable file can be selected by right-clicking or long-clicking it.
- On the menu that appears, click or left-click on “Properties.”.
- To access the “Compatibility” tab, “Click” or “Left-click”.
- In the “Permission level” section, click the “Run this program as an administrator” field.
- On the bottom of this window, click or left-click “Apply.”
- The “OK” button can be clicked by left-clicking or clicking it.
- Check if this error message still appears after running the program.
Reboot your Windows PC
After reinstalling an app or game, you will need to restart your Windows operating system as soon as it prompts you. Note: Most apps or games require you to reboot your system after installation.
Installing Windows Updates
The Windows Updates feature lets you install all of the operating system updates available for Windows 10.
Install the latest version of Visual C++
- Microsoft Visual C++ can be downloaded and installed by left-clicking or clicking the link below.
- The Microsoft Visual C++ installer can be installed by clicking the left mouse button or by clicking here.
- The application will now be available for you to try once you have rebooted your Windows operating system.
Using the command line
- When you see the “cmd” icon, press the “Windows” key.
- Make sure you are running as an administrator.
- You now have administrative privileges on the command line.
- You should enter “c: /f /r” with no quotes in the command line window.
- Your keyboard will display “Enter” as soon as you press it.
Note: If you have more than one partition to check, you should write the above command, but change the partition and press the “Enter” key (example: “e: /f /r”, which will check the “E” partition).
- Ensure that you have a backup of your files by copying them to an external hard drive.
- Cleanly install Windows.
- In addition, you should ensure that all applications you install are compatible with your Windows version.
Note: they must be compatible with either the 32-bit version of Windows or the 64-bit version of Windows.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
0xc000007b error means incorrect image format and is often caused by missing or corrupted system/application files. The most common causes of this error are drivers for NVIDIA or other brands of graphics cards.
- Click Start.
- Enter the data to add or remove programs and press Enter.
- Find the Epic Games launcher and select it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Then download the latest installer from www.epicgames.com to reinstall the launcher.
- Reboot your computer. First, try rebooting Windows.
- Enable administrator privileges.
- Reinstall the application or game.
- Update Windows.
- Run the Chkdsk.
- Reinstall DirectX.
- While holding down the "Windows" key, press "R".
- Type "Regedit" and press "Enter."
- Open "AppInst_DLLs" and set it to blank.
- Restart the computer.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.