- Learn how to recover contacts deleted from Google on Android and iPhone.
- Gmail keeps a 30-day history of each contact in your address book.
- If you accidentally delete one or more contacts, it only takes a few clicks to restore them.
- You can’t retrieve specific contacts, but you can recover any deleted contact up to a certain date.
Restoring Contacts From Google
You will then be taken to your account’s contacts page when you sign in with your Google email address and password.
It is because we trust Google that we store both our data and contacts there. Regardless of what happens to our phones, at least our contacts remain safe in Google. In addition to deleting data, Google can sometimes break our hearts. Have you experienced this, too? Do you not have any contacts on your Android or iPhone phone? Find out how to recover deleted contacts from Google.
Many people lose contacts by accident, forgetting that deleting contacts on one device also deletes them on the rest of their devices. Contacts can also be lost due to a lack of synchronization.
Your Google account might have accidentally deleted someone’s contact information. Fortunately, you can retrieve that information.
You can relax if you have deleted contacts in Gmail and realized the mistake only later if you have made changes within the past 30 days. In your Gmail address book, every contact is tracked for 30 days. If you accidentally delete one or more contacts, you can restore them in just a few clicks.
How To Recover Deleted Contacts From Iphone
There is a possibility that you can recover the deleted Contacts if the iPhone was recently deleted.
However, if you don’t want to go for the deletion process, you shouldn’t have difficulty finding the contact(s) you are looking for, even if you can’t retrieve specific contacts.
Backup Contacts On Google
In order to ensure your Android contacts are backed up to Google Contacts, you should make sure Google Drive backups are enabled and that Contacts are currently backed up. Log in to your Google account on any other device, open Google Contacts on any other device, and your contacts should appear.
What causes contacts to be deleted from Google
The app you’ve just downloaded to your smartphone syncs with your Gmail contacts, so you’ve just got to wait until your mobile address book is filled up with the people you’ve met.
Click the “More” button in the left panel, then select “Undo Changes” and select 10 minutes ago, 1 hour ago, yesterday, 1 week ago, or custom from the search bar. If you select custom, the Gmail contacts will be restored 10 minutes, 1 hour ago, yesterday, and 1 week ago.
Many apps make it simple to overwrite your current Google contact list by setting up an empty smartphone address book.
With Google Contacts, you can restore lost contacts in seconds using the built-in version control feature.
How to recover contacts deleted from Google
Steps to retrieve contacts from Gmail
1) Sign in to the Google account associated with your smartphone’s contact that was accidentally deleted by opening contacts.google.com in your browser.
Register your Google account in your Pixel smartphone so that you can backup your contacts using Google Contacts.
In the upper-right corner, tap the gear icon and select Undo Changes.
In Google Contacts, you can undo changes within a timeframe that includes the time the contact was deleted. This can range from 10 minutes to 30 days and can include the time it was deleted.
Restore Contacts In Android
If you click on ‘More’ and choose ‘Restore contacts…’, you will be able to restore your contacts from Google Contacts once you log into your Google account.
Your deleted contacts can also be retrieved from your Google account backup. To do this, go to the Google section in your smartphone’s Settings menu.
Contacts that you accidentally delete during the selected period of time will be restored. Changes made within the selected time period to Google Contacts will be deleted.
It is possible to synchronize contacts from your Google account into your phone group consisting of Essence or Raven phones. In the event that this does not work, you may restore your Google contacts by following these instructions:
In addition, any new contacts added during the selected period will be deleted, as well as any previous contacts. Before trying to restore deleted contacts, be sure to back them up first.
Then, click “Confirm” to add the deleted contact to the correct time period.
We will restore deleted contacts shortly.
Steps to recover deleted Google contacts on your phone
On your smartphone, you’ll need the Google Contacts app to restore a deleted contact in Gmail.
- Tap on the top left corner of the Google Contacts app to open the menu.
- To change settings, click “Settings.”.
- Unless you are restoring contacts from more than one Google account, scroll down the “Settings” page and tap the “Undo Changes” button.
- To undo changes, tap “Confirm” when you’re ready.
The deleted contacts will appear in your contact list after a few minutes.
Note: Before attempting to restore deleted contacts, you should make a backup copy of all your contacts, as new contacts added to Google Contacts may be lost during the time period you select.
Steps to restore Google Contacts that have been deleted from your Google Account
- In your smartphone settings, go to Google and tap on the contacts section.
- You can restore your system by clicking “Setup – Restore”.
- To restore your contacts, click the “Restore Contacts” button on the “Setup and Restore” page.
- The contacts will be restored from your Google account within minutes, even if you specify which ones to restore.
The contact sync feature always stays on unless you manually turn it off, but you need a Google account to use most smartphone features. Google backs up your contacts automatically, so these methods will only work if you have synced your contacts with your Google account. When you sync your contacts with your Google account, you will be able to remove your contacts from Gmail quickly and easily. If you do not, do so as soon as possible.
It is only possible to recover contacts deleted from Gmail within 30 days of deletion, however. You cannot recover contacts deleted before that date. If you lose your device or have difficulty accessing your contacts, you will still be able to recover them if you back them up to Google.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- In the upper-left corner, click Gmail, and then click Contacts.
- Select Advanced, Restore Contacts.
- Select the time period from which you want to restore your contacts, and confirm your choice by clicking Restore.
- Your old Gmail contacts will now be restored.
- Open the Settings application on your phone.
- Tap Google.
- Under Services, click Restore contacts.
- If you have more than one Google account, touch From account to select the contacts in the account you want to restore.
- Tap the phone with the contacts you want to copy.
- Launch the app on your Android phone.
- Missing contacts or call logs will appear on the screen.
- After scanning, select your target contacts or call logs and tap Restore.
- Go to Google Contacts and sign in to your Google account.
- Then get the time options where you can choose the exact time when you sync your contacts.
- Select the backups you want to restore, and then click Restore to start the process.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.