- Updated November 2022: This tool will stop these errors and fix common problems: Get it at this link.
- It will scan your computer to find problems and correct the issues that were discovered.
- The browser installation itself may have been corrupted, causing the problem.
- The tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance.
Chrome Cleanup Tool For Android
For your smartphone or tablet, Ancleaner is your Android cleaner. Using a variety of tools to remove junk files, you can clean and optimize your device’s cache, files, and more to speed it up and keep it in perfect working order, thus making it run faster and more efficiently.
How To Clean Up Chrome Browser
Chrome Cleanup Tool is nothing but an exquisitely designed security feature built into Google’s official browser. It not only cleans up your internet browser from malware but also optimizes the system’s performance for better implementation of Google Chrome elements. The Chrome Cleanup Tool can thoroughly scan your device for any program or application that may hinder the optimal operation of Google Chrome. Issues that can be detected and removed through this tool include glitches, malware, adware, faulty extensions, spammy programs, and many more.
Chrome Cleaner Extension
With Chrome Cleaner PRO, your browser will be fast and clean, and your private information will be protected.
Are you open your favorite web-browser and do not see usual start page, which is set earlier? The Str-search.com is the first thing that pop up once you run your browser? It means that your internet browser has been hijacked by the PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the family of browser hijackers. If you get it on your computer, this PUP can alter certain browser’s settings such as new tab, default search engine and homepage. So, the Str-search.com can be opened when you create a new tab in your browser, or when you try to search for any information within the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, because the browser hijacker replaces the web browser’s search provider.
In SEO, authorship refers to the authority that comes from being a trustworthy source of information. As a result, authorship is the practice of including a person’s name, picture, and bio in a piece of content. Authorship is a factor Google uses to determine how high the user experience is. To put it simply, when searching for information about a certain topic, you want to find something that seems credible and authoritative-and authorship helps you do just that.
Your Chrome browser stores browser and user information in cookies. However, it also stores your cache, which improves the user experience. Chrome cookies and caches often get corrupted while browsing. Google will give you errors if you search for harmful software with corrupted cookies and caches. To clear cookies and caches from your Chrome settings, follow these simple steps. Chrome errors can be fixed by clearing cookies and caches.
In addition to browser hijacking, malware can cause a variety of other browser-related problems as well. Because of this, Chrome has its own malware scanner, which scans the entire system for threats. Google Chrome’s malware scanner may, however, sometimes result in an error message, such as Search Failed.
What causes the “Search Failed” error when Chrome scans for malware?
- In some cases, cookies/cache data may be corrupted.
- In this case, the problem may be due to a corrupted browser installation.
- The error may occur if you are using an outdated version of Chrome due to its constant updates to keep up with technology changes and to fix known bugs.
How do I fix the “Search failed” error when Chrome was looking for malware?
You can clean up Chrome on a Windows computer by opening Chrome and going to Settings. Chrome://settings appears in the omnibar, or you can find it in the Safari menu.
Chrome’s “Clean up computer” page can be accessed by typing chrome://settings/cleanup in the address bar of the browser and pressing Enter.
Update Chrome Browser
- Chrome should be open.
- Select Settings from the three-dot menu.
- Go to the left-hand menu and select About Chrome.
- If an update is available, Chrome automatically checks for it and updates your browser.
- It will take some time for the whole process to complete, so be patient.
- You can restart Google Chrome after the update is complete by clicking Restart.
Reinstall Google Chrome
- The Start button will appear.
- In Settings, click Applications, then click Apps.
- Click Uninstall to remove Chrome.
- Your computer needs to be restarted.
- Go to Chrome’s official site and find it using another browser.
- Install Chrome.
Remove cookies and cache for Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- Delete browsing data by clicking Advanced Tools – > Delete browsing data at the top of the menu.
- The advanced section should be set to All Hours.
- To delete categories, select them.
- At this point, we recommend selecting all categories.
- For a clean cookie and cache, click Clear Data.
- Confirm the operation by clicking OK when prompted.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Clear your cache and cookies.
- Update Chrome.
- Perform a system scan.
- Reinstall Chrome.
The error may occur if your cookie/cache data is corrupted for some operational reason. It's also possible that your browser installation itself was corrupted and is causing the problem.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three-dot menu and select Settings.
- Click on About Chrome in the left-hand menu.
- Chrome will automatically start checking for updates and will update your browser when an update is available.
- The whole process takes a while. You should patiently wait for it to complete.
- When the update process is complete, you can click Restart to open Google Chrome again.
What Does Reset And Clean Up Do In Chrome
The Reset and Clean Up section will appear. Click Restore settings to their original defaults to return to the Reset and Clean Up section.
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.