- Several factors can be at the root of this particular problem, ranging from an outdated Chrome browser to corrupted data in your browser.
- The most common cause of this problem is browser cache overloading.
- An unstable or slow Internet connection may also be responsible.
- If Chrome isn’t working, you should switch to a more powerful alternative, such as a third-party browser.
- To reset Google Chrome, follow the instructions below to erase chrome data.
- Download and install the software.
- It will scan your computer to find problems.
- The tool will then correct the issues that were discovered.
You can reload the YouTube page if a YouTube page fails to load properly, leading to graphical errors. To fix this, press the F5 key and click the “Refresh” button.
Essentially, human nature consists of exploring the world and solving the problems that come with it. In order for us to progress, obstacles must be removed to enable us to progress.
Youtube Keeps Crashing
Some users have reported that YouTube for iPhone and iPad keeps crashing when opened over the past hour or so.
Chrome Keeps Freezing
Using the Chrome Web browser on your Mac is an excellent alternative to using the Safari Web browser. Chrome offers many of the same features as Safari, such as tabbed browsing, and it also offers some unique features, such as synchronization with Google apps, which you can’t find elsewhere. In the case of corrupt user profiles, Chrome will freeze. To fix this, create a new user profile using Mac OS X.
Whenever you are watching YouTube videos on your Chromium browser, it keeps freezing. The problem doesn’t just happen with YouTube videos. It can happen on other videos as well. The video may stutter or stop for a few seconds before resuming playback. It may be a minor issue, but it can be extremely annoying.
Youtube Keeps Freezing
It is recommended that you check your internet connection first. You should also restart your device, reinstall the app, or update your device, and finally, delete your cache to solve the problem.
Many viewers are irritated by YouTube’s repeated freeze-up problem because it has revolutionized our world of imagination and creativity.
You cannot perform any tasks on a frozen page until it is resumed. In particular, you cannot use the push API, DOM timers or XHR requests. Go to chrome://discards and click [Freeze] next to a background tab that contains your site to verify the behavior of your site when it is frozen. For more information on how Chrome prevents frezing sites, see Will my site be frozen?
I hope this fixes your issue as well. If you click your profile picture on YouTube, you’ll find the option to “restore old Youtube”. Click it.
Any slowdown or interruption in playback is an important problem since we watch online videos all the time. As always, in a situation like this, you should follow all the steps in order and stop once the problem has been resolved. It really depends on what’s wrong, and it’s worth taking all the steps in order and stopping once it’s fixed.
Keeping an eye on this section for a walkthrough on Chrome Keeps Freezing.
Why Chrome Keeps Freezing While Watching YouTube Videos
Restarting your computer will update the operating system and remove any temporary corrupted data that may be causing the problem, so follow the troubleshooting steps below. It is possible that your Chrome browser has become outdated or the data in your browser has become corrupted, and these factors can all contribute to this particular problem.
In order to resolve this problem, you should follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Browser cache overload is usually responsible for this problem.
- When you visit websites such as YouTube, damaged extensions can freeze your computer.
- The problem may also occur if hardware acceleration is enabled in your browser.
- In addition to outdated browsers, YouTube can freeze if it is using an outdated version.
- There is also a possibility that your Internet connection is unstable or slow.
What to do if your chrome freezes when watching YouTube videos
Updated: May 2023
We highly recommend that you use this tool for your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from loss of files, malware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you fix your PC problems and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find out what issues are causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click on Repair All to correct all issues.
Try a different browser
Third-party browsers are capable of providing equivalent, or in some cases even better, functionality than browsers like Chrome and Mozilla. If Chrome just isn’t working for you, you should consider switching to a better browser, such as an alternative third-party browser.
If everything on the screen is frozen, restart the computer. If it doesn’t work, you can pull the power plug from the wall or back of the computer in extreme cases when nothing else works. Holding down the power button for a few seconds will shut off most computers.
Using a pop-up video, you can easily watch YouTube (as well as other sites) without ever leaving your browser. Keeping a floating, customizable video window in the foreground while you continue watching or working is possible with this unique capability to disconnect from online video.
The contextual video window can be resized, dragged and dropped, moved, adjusted volume, paused, and played as you see fit while in a third-party browser and any video content can be turned into a contextual video. Despite being perfectly tailored to your needs, all the controls are in place and easy to use.
Remove data from Chrome
In addition to cluttering your YouTube video output, Chrome data can also cause your browser to have some difficulties playing videos. To remove Chrome data from your browser, follow the instructions below.
- To access Chrome’s settings and management, click Chrome Settings and Management at the top right of the browser.
- The window directly below the window will open once you select Other Tools – Clear Browser Data.
- After selecting that, click the checkbox for “Cookies” and other website data.
- The image and file caching option is also available.
- Once you’ve selected “Clear data”, click it.
Updating Google Chrome
- It is recommended that users use the latest Chrome browser, since older versions do not offer good video playback.
- Chrome’s setup menu will show Configure Google Chrome – Help – About Google Chrome, where users can update the browser.
- Those using Chrome for the first time can reinstall it from the browser’s website with the latest version if the browser doesn’t automatically update if the browser isn’t up-to-date.
Disable hardware acceleration
- Click the Settings and manage button to disable hardware acceleration, which fixes YouTube blocking for some Chrome users.
- Click on Settings.
- A fully opened Settings tab can be accessed by clicking on the Advanced button.
- If you have enabled hardware acceleration, disable it.
- If you disable hardware acceleration, you will need to restart Chrome.
Disabling Chrome extensions
Disabling all Google Chrome extensions, which will also delete all browser data, can fix YouTube freezes caused by conflicting extensions. Follow the instructions below to disable all extensions in Google Chrome.
- Press Enter after typing chrome://settings.
- You can find more information by clicking More.
- When you have selected the option Reset settings to their original defaults, scroll down to Restore Original Defaults.
- You will need to confirm the reset by pressing Reset Settings.
- Chrome://extensions is a URL bar URL that can be used to disable extensions manually without reloading the browser.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Google Chrome keep freezing?
Chrome has too many open tabs and the browser is using too many system resources. Third-party apps and extensions can interfere with Google Chrome, taking up too much memory and causing the browser to freeze. Viruses and malicious infections can wreak havoc on Chrome.
How can I keep my YouTube videos from freezing up?
- Check your broadband connection. First of all, make sure the problem isn't a slow Internet connection.
- Restart your device. If not, try restarting your computer, laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Try a different browser or app.
- Remove flash.
How to fix chrome freeze?
- Close other tabs, extensions, and apps.
- Restart Chrome.
- Reboot your computer.
- Check for malware.
- Open the site in a different browser.
- Fix network problems and report problems with the site.
- Fix problematic applications (Windows computers only).
- Check if Chrome is already open.
Why isn’t YouTube working properly in Chrome?
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.