- An “Invalid Drive” error 1327 is an installation error that occurs when the drive used to install the program is invalid.
- This problem occurs mostly when installing Microsoft Office, but it can also occur with many other applications.
- In most cases, this error occurs because the installer is trying to complete the process on an unallocated network drive.
Error Code 34: The wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert %2 into drive %1. [ERROR_WRONG_DISK (0x22)].
In order to install Adobe products properly, Adobe Technical Support recommends temporarily disabling startup items before you begin. Once you have completed the installation, you can reenable those items afterward.
It is easy to install the software, but sometimes it is frustrating to encounter errors. It is possible, for example, to encounter the error “Invalid Drive” 1327 when trying to install Adobe, Kaspersky, or Microsoft Office. This means the drive on which you are installing the software is not working.
Drivers with a suspended or invalid license cannot operate a motor vehicle on public streets in Texas. It is the lowest type of criminal charge allowed under Texas law and carries no jail time, only a fine, if you are caught driving with an invalid license. You can be charged with a Class C misdemeanor for a first offense.
Our discussion here focuses on Microsoft Office, but this fix can be applied to almost any application that returns the same error depending on your knowledge.
Whenever I try to install WinZip and Diskeeper on Windows XP, I receive a message stating that the drive H:/ no longer exists. I am wondering if these two problems might be connected.
The SUBST command can redirect to the correct drive if the LocalCacheDrive location is incorrect during Office installation. There is another method, however, of changing the LocalCacheDrive location manually as well.
Invalid Drive F
After two fresh installations on my PC, I obtain an error message that says: “Invalid Drive: f:/”. However, when I click OK, the installation aborts, with no other option.
A message such as this may appear while installing a program:
Causes of Error 1327 – Invalid Drive
An invalid drive error 1327 occurs during the installation process of Microsoft Office, but many other applications may also encounter this issue.
Whenever I hit All programs, Adobe Reader appears to be on the C drive and I have no G drive connected to my computer. The error message states Invalid G drive mapped to user folder. Either disconnect or rename the drive.
You can quickly fix the problem by mapping an unconfigured network location to avoid experiencing this error. This error usually occurs because the installer tries to install on an unallocated network drive.
There are several reasons for error 1327, “Invalid drive”.
- You are no longer able to access your registry credentials or network drive.
- It appears that the system folder is present on the drive after you have checked Reconnect at login.
- There may be an error in the value of your registry key.
- Your DVD drive’s drive letter has been accidentally changed.
- Temporary drives are listed in the registry.
Here are some ways to fix error 1327 – Invalid Disk.
What should I do if I receive an error 1327. Invalid Drive: F:/ when I try to install Adobe X Reader?
How do I fix Windows 10 invalid disk error 1327?
Remove the drive letter using the command line
You can disable the drive letter using this command to allow the installation to proceed without generating an error. Here is how you do it:
- Open a command prompt by typing cmd in the Search box.
- The command prompt should appear as follows:
- Driver’s letter for substance /P.
- If the program does not install, close the command line.
Reinstall the program
During the installation of a previously uninstalled program, this error may occur because residuals from the old program may conflict.
A special tool scans every part of the system and detects and removes leftovers, so the system can be cleared of old or unused software.
Disconnect network drive
Taking the following steps will fix error 1327 if you don’t have a network drive on your PC. Follow the steps below to disable your network drive in order to fix error 1327.
- Open File Explorer by typing it in the search bar.
- Go to that PC.
- The tools ribbon will appear when you press Ctrl + F1.
- Disconnect network disks from the Network Disk Map by clicking on the icon.
- Your program may need to be reinstalled
Reconnect the drive letter to a temporary location.
Installing the problem software takes advantage of this method by identifying the virtual drive path associated with the drive letter.
Invalid Drive E
So, I had Epic Game Launcher on an old hard drive that is no longer installed on in the pc. I tried to download the launcher again, but when I tried to install it I get an error message saying “Invalid Drive D:\” which is the drive that is no longer installed. The drives have paths going to C and E, E being the new drive. It wont let me uninstall the “currently installed” launcher giving me the same message. Does anyone know how I can either actually uninstall or install the launcher and fix this issue?
Note: If the temporary path does not exist, you must create one.
- Administrator privileges are required to run the command line
- You need to type the driver letter in the following format: C:temp -> press Enter. Once the command line is closed, reinstall the program.
- To remove the program shortcut in the temporary path, run the following command: subst /D [driver letter]: press enter when prompted.
Create a new user account
You can also try logging in with another user account, if you don’t already have one. If you are not already logged in, you can create one.
Please let us know, if any of these solutions worked for you. Please let us know if any of these methods didn’t work for you and if there are other solutions you’d be willing to suggest as well.
RECOMMENATION: Click here for help with Windows errors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Start.
- Type "Disk Management" and press Enter.
- Right-click the drive whose drive letter has been changed, and then click Edit Drive Letters and Paths.
- Click Edit.
- Replace the letter with the original.
- Click OK.
Sometimes the directory name error message only appears because you connected external devices to an empty USB port. You can disconnect them and plug them into a different port to see if this is the solution to the directory name being invalid.
Editing a drive letter in Windows 10 is relatively easy. Right-click the Windows 10 menu and select Disk Management to display a list of all available hard drives. Right-click on the specific drive letter you want to change and select Edit Drive Letter and Paths.
A directory name is a string of characters that a directory must name if it is to name a file. A directory is actually a file type and has a filename (called a directory filename, which is related to the directory name, but usually not identical).
Mark Ginter is a tech blogger with a passion for all things gadgets and gizmos. A self-proclaimed "geek", Mark has been blogging about technology for over 15 years. His blog, techquack.com, covers a wide range of topics including new product releases, industry news, and tips and tricks for getting the most out of your devices. If you're looking for someone who can keep you up-to-date with all the latest tech news and developments, then be sure to follow him over at Microsoft.